Jump to content

Can you have too much bait??


Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

As the title, Can you have too much bait?? 

Screenshot_20220321_104035.thumb.jpg.7aa21db50367281a5259f69fb27e016c.jpg

Aller Aqua Pellets in blue drum and bucket

4x Jars prepped particles

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

The 2 square Buckets have about 2kg each of Krill and Manilla inside with glug and powder

Then my bag has 20 pots of Krill/Manilla Pop Ups & Wafters with Matching bait Sprays, Glugs and korda Goos. 

That should keep me in good stead 😂😂

 

 

 

Edited by Highy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi all, 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

As the title, Can you have too much bait?? 

Screenshot_20220321_104035.thumb.jpg.7aa21db50367281a5259f69fb27e016c.jpg

Aller Aqua Pellets in blue drum and bucket

4x Jars prepped particles

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

The 2 square Buckets have about 2kg each of Krill and Manilla inside with glug and powder

Then my bag has 20 pots of Krill/Manilla Pop Ups & Wafters with Matching bait Sprays, Glugs and korda Goos. 

That should keep me in good stead 😂😂

 

 

 

It's OK seeing that it's pretty much all the same. It's when I see pots of this and that, bags of this and that from every known bait company,  that's when in my opinion its too much. Just stick to one bait, maybe a few different colours of hookbait but that's it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

It's OK seeing that it's pretty much all the same. It's when I see pots of this and that, bags of this and that from every known bait company,  that's when in my opinion its too much. Just stick to one bait, maybe a few different colours of hookbait but that's it. 

Exactly that... Manilla in pop up and wafter, white, beige n yellow... Krill Pop up n wafter in Pink n beige. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just getting a bait order sorted, going to hold off rolling the JB for now and just get out for next week hopefully, was going to give the mad cow a go but Whacker stop doing them in feb, so i'm going for their peach and pepper in the 5 k deal 2 k pellets and a liquid plus pop ups , also get some matching P&P wafters they are doing them in a cork dust said to be a proper wafter and  a litre of their beta stim liquid. 

other than that i have some JB kit the bio fish and plum his tm1 and the cream, that's more for the summer though i plan on doing my own by then.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've done well, I am on my 3rd year using the same bait company now only used 2 baits 😉, i used to change every few kg, I still occasionally look at other deals and torture myself but so far I've not strayed, this year for a change I am going to use both those baits together 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Highy said:

 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

As the title, Can you have too much bait?? 

I'm sure you can.

I have wandered around and gone up my own backside; on pop-ups alone at one point I had 12 different types, and only caught on a few of them.

I was getting pellets like no tomorrow, bloodworm, Green Lipped Mussel, Betaine, various sizes of koi and some trout pellets.

I watched the fish over the Betaine, GLM and Betaine pellets and realised they were an 'oversprayed' basic pellet. There was not a great deal of difference in the interest from the koi pellet.

Groundbait, I figured Vitalin pretty much serves all my carp, bream and tench fishing needs, although I can change the mix with those koi pellets, worms, casters, maggots, sweetcorn or a few shaves of papers in or luncheon meat.

 

I have a few boilies

5kg of freezer Rod Hutchinson Infusion

7.5kg (roughly) of Shelf Life Infusion

1 tub of Ballistic B pop-ups in white

1 tub of KMG pop-ups in natural 

1 tub of Aniseed and bunspice pop-ups in yellow (to match the maize or corn in Vitalin)

1 tub of Monster Crab in purple to match the Infusion colour or as flavour topper on snowman rigs.

 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've started driving like a Doris, I was getting 47 mpg before, I'm currently hovering about 58 mpg, I feel dirty driving so steadily but if I get an extra 100 miles out of a tank it's probably worth it 😬 

Mate, 

I know how you feel. The E10 doesn't help, my MPG dropped when that took over from E5. I would normally drive the A14 at around 80 according to my speedometer. Now I'm sticking to 65mph.

In 2020 it was 99.9p a litre, now we are up at £1.65 in East Anglia at Supermarkets, higher in Branded stations. £1.69 at Esso last night. I do think I get a few mpg more from branded petrol though which is why I used it, well as well as Nectar points...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been using the same base mixes and additives for the last 15yrs and the same basemix with different additives since 1997. The flavours haven’t changed much in that time either, started with rod Hutchinson mixed herbs flavour, then richworth blue cheese, then richworth ham (boiled?) then smoked ham flavour from nutrabaits. They work, I’ve massive confidence in my mix, so I don’t see a need to change 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 23:04, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm sure you can.

I have wandered around and gone up my own backside; on pop-ups alone at one point I had 12 different types, and only caught on a few of them.

I was getting pellets like no tomorrow, bloodworm, Green Lipped Mussel, Betaine, various sizes of koi and some trout pellets.

I watched the fish over the Betaine, GLM and Betaine pellets and realised they were an 'oversprayed' basic pellet. There was not a great deal of difference in the interest from the koi pellet.

Groundbait, I figured Vitalin pretty much serves all my carp, bream and tench fishing needs, although I can change the mix with those koi pellets, worms, casters, maggots, sweetcorn or a few shaves of papers in or luncheon meat.

 

I have a few boilies

5kg of freezer Rod Hutchinson Infusion

7.5kg (roughly) of Shelf Life Infusion

1 tub of Ballistic B pop-ups in white

1 tub of KMG pop-ups in natural 

1 tub of Aniseed and bunspice pop-ups in yellow (to match the maize or corn in Vitalin)

1 tub of Monster Crab in purple to match the Infusion colour or as flavour topper on snowman rigs.

 

Mate, 

I know how you feel. The E10 doesn't help, my MPG dropped when that took over from E5. I would normally drive the A14 at around 80 according to my speedometer. Now I'm sticking to 65mph.

In 2020 it was 99.9p a litre, now we are up at £1.65 in East Anglia at Supermarkets, higher in Branded stations. £1.69 at Esso last night. I do think I get a few mpg more from branded petrol though which is why I used it, well as well as Nectar points...

Hi Nick

I was told by a garage to use brands like Esso with their own refineries , rather than supermarkets as the garage said I would get better mpg .

Also the supermarkets  get their petrol from overseas which has been hot filled into the ships .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, crusian said:

 

Also the supermarkets  get their petrol from overseas which has been hot filled into the ships .

What does that mean 

I do believe “proper” branded fuel does give better mpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, framey said:

What does that mean 

I do believe “proper” branded fuel does give better mpg 

I took it to mean that the petrol is pumped into the container ships hot , as it's quicker , but as the petrol cools it leaves condensation .

😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 11:15, Highy said:

Hi all, 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

As the title, Can you have too much bait?? 

Screenshot_20220321_104035.thumb.jpg.7aa21db50367281a5259f69fb27e016c.jpg

Aller Aqua Pellets in blue drum and bucket

4x Jars prepped particles

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

The 2 square Buckets have about 2kg each of Krill and Manilla inside with glug and powder

Then my bag has 20 pots of Krill/Manilla Pop Ups & Wafters with Matching bait Sprays, Glugs and korda Goos. 

That should keep me in good stead 😂😂

 

 

 

It's a bit much for a day session! :)

But no, not really. You'll use it eventually. I used a handful of boilies last season fishing for a bite at a time. Gonna try sloppy spods and liquids this year and see how I go.

Edited by dalej2014
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

It's a bit much for a day session! :)

But no, not really. You'll use it eventually. I used a handful of boilies last season fishing for a bite at a time. Gonna try sloppy spods and liquids this year and see how I go.

Deffo for a day... This year will also be a spodding start for me, I've always got liquids / Goos in my bates... Liquids n powders to pimp freebies, Goos to boost my hookbaits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 21/03/2022 at 11:15, Highy said:

Hi all, 

Just after sorting my gear this morning, I've realised I have a fair bit of bait?.... 

As the title, Can you have too much bait?? 

Screenshot_20220321_104035.thumb.jpg.7aa21db50367281a5259f69fb27e016c.jpg

Aller Aqua Pellets in blue drum and bucket

4x Jars prepped particles

3kg Krill Boilies

4kg Krill Pellets

2/3kg Krill floaters

7kg Manilla Boilies

2kg Manilla Pellets

1kg manilla powder

1ltr Manilla Liquid

1 bottle Manilla glug

The 2 square Buckets have about 2kg each of Krill and Manilla inside with glug and powder

Then my bag has 20 pots of Krill/Manilla Pop Ups & Wafters with Matching bait Sprays, Glugs and korda Goos. 

That should keep me in good stead 😂😂

 

 

 

 

2 minutes ago, Dervill said:

I never have too much as I see straight through the marketing cr*p and only use a tiny bit

However my problem is I keep changing my mind what to use and blaming the bait on hard lakes

I'm getting better though and worked out some good ways to ''pimp'' my favourite baits how I want and get them suiting each other sort of thing, like a profile/plan of attack if that makes sense

I think its very important to, like a matchman, have a few different options and never rely on just one boring old boilie

I've only nearly only used last of my Krill... Still got 90% Manilla n pellets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dervill said:

You've got too much pellet and hookbaits mate if you ask me

 

Pellet for pre bait 

Hookbaits all same flavour, different colour n sizes... 

Screenshot_20220410_124140.thumb.jpg.a4987cc612f3a679b1d2a27ad844506a.jpg

Created own cultured 

Screenshot_20220410_134349.thumb.jpg.ea693bb4be957eaf22c46ec1334a3b19.jpg

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...