Winter Drinks

27 minutes ago, finchey said:

Not really a winter drink but my tipple is rum and coke plenty of ice and a slice of lemon. It's an any time of year drink for me. πŸ₯΄πŸ‘

If its bank side drink then it's coffee with the odd tea in between. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Edited by finchey

On 15/11/2019 at 20:58, Highy said:

Hi All, as stated in title, what drink do you all prefer in winter...below is my Winter Drink (in hand as I'm typing)...HOT TODDY.

8oz Hot Water

2oz Bourbon (JD)

1 Tablespoon Honey

1 Squirt Lemon Juice

It's goin down a treat...😁😁

Is this an on the bank drink or a drink you just have in general in winter?Β 

If I'm on the bank in winter then I have been known to like the occasional coffee made with baileys or whiskey. That said once I've had one the kettle is always on after that Haha.Β 

If you mean in winter in general,Β  then I'll drink anything. Just like I do in the summer.Β 

• 2 weeks later...

For me it is coffee,Β made in a Bialetti, which is of course, not tackle 'manufacturer' branded. I also try not to drink coffee after 6pm as in winter especially, I don't like getting out of the sleeping bag unless it is fish related. Getting up to put boots on and a jacket for just a pee in the cold winter nights is not my idea of heaven.

Β 

I do occasionally resort to Cranberry and Strawberry or Blackberry and Blueberry flavoured teabags, but have to boil the water in my saucepan as I hardly ever take a kettle now, space saving you knowπŸ˜–πŸ˜†

Earlier in the year I did go through a phase of one can of Magners cider in the evening.

Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

For me it is coffee,Β made in a Bialetti, which is of course, not tackle 'manufacturer' branded. I also try not to drink coffee after 6pm as in winter especially, I don't like getting out of the sleeping bag unless it is fish related. Getting up to put boots on and a jacket for just a pee in the cold winter nights is not my idea of heaven.

Β 

I do occasionally resort to Cranberry and Strawberry or Blackberry and Blueberry flavoured teabags, but have to boil the water in my saucepan as I hardly ever take a kettle now, space saving you knowπŸ˜–πŸ˜†

Earlier in the year I did go through a phase of one can of Magners cider in the evening.

Β 

Β 

I thought you Suffolk were forced to drink adnams from birth 😳😳😳😳

Just now, elmoputney said:

I thought you Suffolk were forced to drink adnams from birth 😳😳😳😳

Adnams and Greene KingπŸ˜‰

A few pints of Abbot Ale or Ghostship will do very nicely, but only ever in the pub.

Not a Tea fan myself...ALWAYS coffee on the trips...Summer or Winter...but in Summer it has to be 1 or 2 Crisp Cold Dark Fruit Cider in the Evening...Autumn/Winter is Coffee and just before bed (Fishing) a tipple of JD to give a good Cockle Warmer..

Β 

5 hours ago, yonny said:

Agree, I'mΒ a cider fan too.

When I was a young lad they did this on tap at the local. It's pretty lethal in higher quantities lol.

They have recently reduced the abv on the bottles of westons I think not quite as mind blowing these days, you used to really know when you had more than a couple great stuff  😁

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Ghostship is a lovely pint, even in cans or bottles it is pretty decent, also love the copperhouse gin that's quite moreish

We sell Copperhouse and First Rate in the bar at work. I never really fancied gin and tonic, but these and Strawberry and Cucumber,Β and Mandarin and Cranberry with the right tonic really do smell good. Sadly because I'm at work not had the chance to try them though.