September catches.

finchey

2 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well done Minbin , congratulations .

Would you be able to get a unhooking mat ready for your next Carp pls. ? .

😀

Good Shout Crusian...

10 minutes ago, Minbin said:

Got my first ever carp today..I know it's no monster only just over 5lb but hopefully the first of many :)

image.thumb.png.bab092174e9e81c9bfee376d6fe30064.png

Just stating Carp Care is NO.1...regardless how big...👍 Congrats too

Edited by Highy

3 minutes ago, Highy said:

I enjoy it everytime...it will happen eventually 🤞...i know i lost a GOOD easy 20lb a feww weeks ago...but thats fishing...my targets are a 20lb and a (Decent) Mirror Carp out of my local lake (only a handful in) maybe even the "Named sturgeon" out a lake i go...

Mate had it last week.

20190915_141140.thumb.jpg.52b80795536461161207f9f2bcc76358.jpg

👍

25 minutes ago, crusian said:

Good for you , Minbin .

After 49 years fishing things still go pear shaped occasionally when I catch one .

😃

have to admit I was having a bit of a panic at the time landing net handle was to short was hanging over the bank holding the rod back over me head to land it..new bigger longer landing net will be added for next time to lol

16 hours ago, yonny said:

Couple of twenties from a morning session on a tricky little reservoir last week. 20.08 and 24.08.

Not an easy water so I'm happy with these stockies. Now where are those big old originals?

20190913_084823[1].jpg

20190913_084920[1].jpg

Nice one yonny! Good looking fish. 

Is the furrowed look the result of all the sleepless nights?? How is the little fella? 

3 20's last night in the strong wind and pouring rain. The weather was so bad I couldn't use a retaining sling even for a few minutes, and the sloped banks don't allow for landing nets, so I got a mat shot of the best looking, which I will sort later.

20.02, 21, 20.04, and I lost one that went round a rock underwater, smashed me up above my leader (yes, I know!)

Terrible photo but It was raining and about 4 am, 16lb 4oz need one of those floodlight things I think 

Slightly weird take thought it was a tench cos it didn't even pull the line out the clip,came in like one for a while too,then all of a sudden woke up and wouldn't let me net it for ages,

IMG_20190926_053511.jpg

15 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Terrible photo but It was raining and about 4 am, 16lb 4oz need one of those floodlight things I think 

Slightly weird take thought it was a tench cos it didn't even pull the line out the clip,came in like one for a while too,then all of a sudden woke up and wouldn't let me net it for ages,

IMG_20190926_053511.jpg

Caught over your DIY goo? 

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

St Ives elmo?

No vermuyden lake, after I caught on here last week I just fancied trying to get another one, needed a break from banging my head a brick wall tbh 😀

3 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Caught over your DIY goo? 

No I didn't use it in the end until now I have just soaked a PVA bag in it to try and nick another :)

After what can only be described as an emotional 2 wks it was great to be back on the bank for a gentle day session. Was over the moon to catch this pretty common even tho I felt I fished rubbish 😂😂😬

43E06510-ABB4-4051-9CB2-A6AFA2C00D8B.jpeg

199B11C3-AA8C-4741-B879-664F3E58FC53.jpeg

1 hour ago, yonny said:

The time is now elmo! 

Massive warm winds, rock bottom pressure, overcast, we will likely not see conditions this perfect again this year imo.

Get on the big boys water! It's big fish time.

Yeah I know it was was a good opportunity but tbh I just don't have the urge for it at the moment,I haven't been enjoying it lately and I kind of just want to catch some fish, 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah I know it was was a good opportunity but tbh I just don't have the urge for it at the moment,I haven't been enjoying it lately and I kind of just want to catch some fish, 

Well I'm sad to read that you haven't been enjoying your fishing lately , Elmo , is it just the lack of fish ? .

😀

33 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well I'm sad to read that you haven't been enjoying your fishing lately , Elmo , is it just the lack of fish ? .

😀

It's more my choice of water and it's inhabitants tbh, there are a few factors that are putting me off and one is too many otter sightings, it just creates doubt for me really, the other week I thought I heard a carp leap out a couple of swims down, a bit later on I got chatting and a guy had seen the otter bold as brass walk across and get in the lake near where I was so all of a sudden I don't think the carp was jumping for joy if you see what I mean, 

I dont want to moan about the complex because it is an amazing place and impossible to fence because it's so vast but the ticket I have only allows me to fish 3 lakes and these ones seem to be forgotten about by most of the anglers, as the prizes from the others are much bigger 

I just think deep down I am not that good an angler to be able to beat all those factors as well the carp,and I just want to catch a few fish 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's more my choice of water and it's inhabitants tbh, there are a few factors that are putting me off and one is too many otter sightings, it just creates doubt for me really, the other week I thought I heard a carp leap out a couple of swims down, a bit later on I got chatting and a guy had seen the otter bold as brass walk across and get in the lake near where I was so all of a sudden I don't think the carp was jumping for joy if you see what I mean, 

I dont want to moan about the complex because it is an amazing place and impossible to fence because it's so vast but the ticket I have only allows me to fish 3 lakes and these ones seem to be forgotten about by most of the anglers, as the prizes from the others are much bigger 

I just think deep down I am not that good an angler to be able to beat all those factors as well the carp,and I just want to catch a few fish 

That must be demoralising after all the hard work you've put in .

A change of venue ( for a little while perhaps ) sounds like a very good idea .

😃

9 hours ago, crusian said:

That must be demoralising after all the hard work you've put in .

A change of venue ( for a little while perhaps ) sounds like a very good idea .

😃

It's been a learning curve and Ive learnt a lot from it and I think things have changed since I was last fishing tbh, I never even worried about otters before,but I do think there visits play a part in fishes behavior and that has added to the pressure for me also as every little difference must make them nervous as hell, also with 2 little ones at home I don't really have time to be a bivvy tramp and I think that would be the way to do it,

I think I want a reasonably stocked lake say 50-100 fish with a fence that's still a challenge but one where I have a chance if I work hard at it, we shall see what turns up