Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

2 hours ago, finchey said:

I hope you managed to get your car going mate.🤞🤞🤞

Took a little while had to go and buy a booster from Halfords, I've got 2 rods out in the dark and sort of found some spots pub chucks tonight lol but I am sort of fishing 😂 got the house up now going to make the 3rd a solid bag rod and pump that into the abyss too, I'm not in a bad area to listen for signs though and I found some rudd flipping so thought if they are here there may also be carp 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Took a little while had to go and buy a booster from Halfords, I've got 2 rods out in the dark and sort of found some spots pub chucks tonight lol but I am sort of fishing 😂 got the house up now going to make the 3rd a solid bag rod and pump that into the abyss too, I'm not in a bad area to listen for signs though and I found some rudd flipping so thought if they are here there may also be carp 

Go get em Elmo 👍🎣... New Year Carp 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Glad you got sorted elmo, good luck mate, what ever happens just enjoy yourself mate and make the most of you're time on the bank. 😁🤞🎣

1 hour ago, B B said:

Go easy on them chocs you’ll never get out of your bag… have a good trip…sometimes just being out there is enough 👍

I did go fairly easy in the end, they werent very nice, I got them from work so they probably didn't pay much for them, can't go giving shareholders profits to the minions now can they 😂

It's nice to be out Ive even heard a few boshing and the last one sounded near to my pub chucked solid bag, there is slight hope anyway 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Hope you've got your Christmas hat on Elmo?.... 

Took boat for a spin yesterday withittle en, he loves and can't wait fish with it. 

Screenshot_20220102_093347.thumb.jpg.35c02e564d27e8fc6648cd99a7fbee21.jpg

Screenshot_20220102_093401.thumb.jpg.268322543dae1ac91f845905504ccea2.jpg

Yep, it's not an Actor like I've been using with my mate, but it's a boat and can get me abit closer we're i think the fish might be.

53 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Ooogh that looks like another goverment stealth tax 😭

We've got them all around Birmingham, everywhere within the Inner Ring Road. £8-00 a day for my Mitsubishi Shogun, £8-00 a day for my Transit Jumbo. So £16-00 a day before I've even begun work. They're calling it a Clean Air Zone.

Ian.

22 minutes ago, welder said:

We've got them all around Birmingham, everywhere within the Inner Ring Road. £8-00 a day for my Mitsubishi Shogun, £8-00 a day for my Transit Jumbo. So £16-00 a day before I've even begun work. They're calling it a Clean Air Zone.

Ian.

Same is planned for Cambridge, its a cop out to pretend they are trying to deal with climate change by doing nothing apart from opening their palm for your money to fall Into 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Anyone seen these signs around there area.... Behind it is a ANPR Camera. 

IMG_20220102_163210.thumb.jpg.c0776ed58de84329f9f42d03e0478e98.jpg

So called for Green Air Areas.... Charges below but our new Car is fine....£10 A DAY for Cars... But doesn't say on here. 

Screenshot_20220102_162129_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.664fa883d398ceb1afe7d456f2fc2f6d.jpg

It's commercial vehicles only to start with but if you have a van converted to a camper like a vw for example it's included. Greater Manchester areas. 

13 hours ago, Highy said:

Hope you've got your Christmas hat on Elmo?.... 

Took boat for a spin yesterday withittle en, he loves and can't wait fish with it. 

Screenshot_20220102_093347.thumb.jpg.35c02e564d27e8fc6648cd99a7fbee21.jpg

Screenshot_20220102_093401.thumb.jpg.268322543dae1ac91f845905504ccea2.jpg

Yep, it's not an Actor like I've been using with my mate, but it's a boat and can get me abit closer we're i think the fish might be.

I did have my hat on and the navitas onesie, didn't stop me blanking, I think my car felt sorry for me as that wanted me to stay at the lake longer, I had to get a jump start on the way home too, but I got home eventually, 2022 hasn't started that well, and my new bedchair is bent, 😭😭😭😭

2021 with a 99p disguise kit on so far 

11 hours ago, welder said:

Ian.

£16 before even start work 🤯🤯... Nearly £6k...id be thinking of alternatives. 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I did have my hat on and the navitas onesie, didn't stop me blanking, I think my car felt sorry for me as that wanted me to stay at the lake longer, I had to get a jump start on the way home too, but I got home eventually, 2022 hasn't started that well, and my new bedchair is bent, 😭😭😭😭

2021 with a 99p disguise kit on so far 

Maybe time for a new battery?, at least you was out giving it a go... What bedchair is it? 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

£16 before even start work 🤯🤯... Nearly £6k...id be thinking of alternatives. 

Maybe time for a new battery?, at least you was out giving it a go... What bedchair is it? 

Yeah I think so, solar Bankmaster, well disappointed with it, will see what angling direct say have emailed them About it 

My fears of rising petty crime were realized today. 😭

My garage on the other side of town was broken in to. All my mates fishing gear(10 years WORTH) , some of mine (luckily I had most of my gear in the van) several power tools and anything they could sell for a few quid! 

I'm talking a big van load of gear, not just a few crackheads! They haven't damaged the standard lock, so must of picked it! 

I avoided doubling the locks as a few others have, so as not to attract attention Do I go and put locks on now? If they think I have replaced any gear, they are likely to return & will get in anyway. 

3 hours ago, commonly said:

My fears of rising petty crime were realized today. 😭

My garage on the other side of town was broken in to. All my mates fishing gear(10 years WORTH) , some of mine (luckily I had most of my gear in the van) several power tools and anything they could sell for a few quid! 

I'm talking a big van load of gear, not just a few crackheads! They haven't damaged the standard lock, so must of picked it! 

I avoided doubling the locks as a few others have, so as not to attract attention Do I go and put locks on now? If they think I have replaced any gear, they are likely to return & will get in anyway. 

Scumbags.... Happened in Summer to a mate, he put an advert on Facebook and offered a reward, but other anglers also looked out for it, 1 guy even found out who had most of his gear and broke into (well smashed his door in) flat for it all back.

14 hours ago, commonly said:

Parasites mate. 

We've got a few pikey camps around, it's likely to be them. 

I do know a few people who know a few elders, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Good for your mate, I hope he gave him a good talking to? 

Be interesting to know what was "said".

Ian.

On 06/01/2022 at 23:23, commonly said:

Parasites mate. 

We've got a few pikey camps around, it's likely to be them. 

I do know a few people who know a few elders, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Good for your mate, I hope he gave him a good talking to? 

my mate has had a few break ins on his window cleaning van no idea what they hope to find bar a few manky scrims, he put a load of cameras up on the van just films them breaking in. 

With the cost of living literally going through the roof and the wages still the same as 20 years ago, I'm afraid that crime will increase as people can't afford anything. 

The police haven't got the resources to cope, either. They are just like the tax man, looking for easy fines to dish out. 

Sorry if I'm being a bit negative, guys. 

1 hour ago, commonly said:

With the cost of living literally going through the roof and the wages still the same as 20 years ago, I'm afraid that crime will increase as people can't afford anything. 

The police haven't got the resources to cope, either. They are just like the tax man, looking for easy fines to dish out. 

Sorry if I'm being a bit negative, guys. 

You are right and I agree with you,and you have every right to be negative, I'm sorry for your loss pal, 

I saw something yesterday that was interesting the police don't prevent crime they turn up after it has happened, crime prevention needs to be tackled and that means stopping people living in poverty and giving them better choices, 

Until we get rid of this goverment, it's not going to get any better 

Affordable housing, job creation, mental health supports, addiction treatment all work to reduce crime, and those things are enabled by all levels of government.  Who you vote in as mayor or city counselor counts just like Crown ministers or party leaders.  Having a say in who represents you is the beautiful thing about democracy (just like carp.com 😉).  A quick scan of the world news drives the point home.