Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Thing that annoys me is if he just said not getting a ticket i would of been fine with that, i hate hypocrisy you can't walk round those lakes in the summer without getting a nose full of several different varieties of green  i wasn't even smoking, my pipe was on show i don't smoke tobacco so i don't roll ciggies like everyone else. he has at least four guys on those lakes that sell the stuff full time one of them is a big grower in Coventry another guy is pretty much supplying that area around the lakes, little team from up north, then there's me don't sell nothing never have and i get mine legal one of the few people that can it's why i don't feel the need to hide away or mix with tobacco, perhaps i should just get the sativex mouth spray you know, the GM pharmacies brand they grow in the south of England and export all over the world.  

So if you live in and around Welly and you noticed a large increase in ten bags for sale might want to look at who is visiting the lakes down there. i know i'm a terrible guy but i'm just not impressed by such people. 

Going on a bit but.. the real rub is i got offered a winter ticket on a water in Warwickshire just back in September most will of never heard of it it a small-ish local lake run by anglers proper out in the sticks, had to turn it down due to funds and already having a ticket i don't really use in the winter, i knew i should of took it i would be in for next year guaranteed. luckily i explained my money position and already having a ticket i still would be keen for a full ticket next year, he did get back and thanked me for remembering i was on the list and how the wintre ticket worked and said i could get back to him in January for the back end of the winter, if a place is available.  

finally got a smart metre fitted as had been putting it off, pretty good i can see what's using what in watts definitely need a new kettle i was shocked when the metre shot up in to the red, due to it being a fast boil it is high wattage think they are around 3000 watts which is the limit for a domestic plug, noticed it takes longer to boil than when it was new so it is now a high power slow boil, thinking of getting a urn but it's a no so far. 

Price of gas is mental this year i only have the hot water and heating on gas the people at insulate Britain will be happy to know my house is well insulated they need not glue there faces to the roads on my behalf.

Wozza must of really chuffed bazza off just got a cheque in the post really don't want me on there come spring ?? i ain't been near the place since august/september sod knows what's up with him the moody git. literally haven't spoke to the guy since summer.

Nigewoodcock i see you run a nifty little syndicate ... just saying like 😇

7 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

sod knows what's up with him the moody git.

He doesn't like members being on there long term. He prefers a nice turnaround of members. You'll get the odd one that manages to stick around for a while (e.g. I think you've been on there a long time) but he usually likes members gone after a few years.

He gets even worse if you're doing particularly well. He completely changed with me during my time on the big lake. Started off nice as pie then got funnier and funnier with me as time went on. Same as he has with you and a number of other ex members I know.

Think if you clash with the wrong people it can go against you, me and the guy that fell out over the peg he never did get over it ex doorman likes to be real loud gets a bit whiny if you don't bring your rods in for a few hours out of bite time he even said he was gonna moan me of the lakes or blackballed as he calls it, wonder if his nick went round the lakes, deffo would of chinned me if he heard that one. 

6 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Oh my giddy ear, he is now moaning on FB never said the fishery was poop after getting turned down, he may as well just give me a ticket seems i'm living rent free in is noggin' ... jilted carp angler indeed. 🕵️‍♀️

Trying his hardest to get you blacklisted from other lakes I bet. 

3 hours ago, greekskii said:

Trying his hardest to get you blacklisted from other lakes I bet. 

I've still got the txt convo and he ain't got that kind of pull plus i will get him blacklisted for being a fascist that likes to verbally abuse those with health conditions then follows it up with a poop fit when told to do one. 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Sounds like he misses you, take it as a compliment 👍

Talking of complimentss he does give them out turned up last year full lock down look trust me it's proper charles manson a few of the lad were like wow you need a hair cut and shave, next time i turned up it was SBS and clean shave, chris let me know he preferred that look. 

Already have two syndi tickets in the pipeline for next year both with in lockdown rules travel distance and i could easily get on a third which i have been offered a ticket for in the past. then there's KWP, just waiting till the new year before dropping the hammer due to having other obligations that come first.

The numbers of anglers getting out over the next few years will be on a steady decline due to a serious change in economics and the value of money in return for goods, then there is the popularity of carp angling reached it's peak a few years back and is now on a deline, most fishery owners have based their business model on the economics of 20 years back,  it's a bit like £ shops there were expanding up until 5 years back then they closed stacks of branches as they knew it wasn't going to work in the coming change in world economics, my friendly advice to lake owners would be to get as many local guys on the lake as poss.