Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

well that as a let down, the fans are really holding that team back time to remove the nasty element of the England fans, that after match show will set community relations back years doubt you will see many minority groups want to follow England from now on, time to scrap the home nations and just have British teams for these games. 

lol the week just gets better had an advert online looking to rehome a unwanted dog that is headed for the dog shelter, some idiot messages me today with a fourteen week old patter-jack needs rehoming asap due to other dog attacking it, yeah right, ok i say i can pick up today, then they hit me with the price want 300 for it reckons they paid 3500 for it, must of been all of three weeks back max.

obviously a breeder down to the last one and trying to sell cheap, 

Well didn't manage to catch .... but it wasn't for the want of trying.  Absolutely loved getting out again.  Was trying to tempt some big fish from a snag , one was defo a 40 + mirror,  finally managed to get two takes on the 3rd morning only to drop them both to hook pulls . Hopefully getting out again in September 😎

Just had a tinker with Bait, made - 
20 Krill PVA mesh Bags
20 Manilla PVA mesh Bags

Glazed a few pop ups-

Glazed Krill Pop Ups in Krill Supreme. 
Glazed Pineapple Pop Ups in Pineapple Supreme + Isotonic Supreme. (WOOOOOW STRONG) 
Glazed Manilla White Pop Ups in White Almond Supreme. 
Glazed Mulbz Pop Ups in Isotonic Supreme.

11 hours ago, Highy said:

Just had a tinker with Bait, made - 
20 Krill PVA mesh Bags
20 Manilla PVA mesh Bags

Glazed a few pop ups-

Glazed Krill Pop Ups in Krill Supreme. 
Glazed Pineapple Pop Ups in Pineapple Supreme + Isotonic Supreme. (WOOOOOW STRONG) 
Glazed Manilla White Pop Ups in White Almond Supreme. 
Glazed Mulbz Pop Ups in Isotonic Supreme.

Hopefully that will get you a bite or two good luck 👍

19 minutes ago, Highy said:

Who would risk it for next week, I'm booked on for 24hr - Weather forecast. 

Screenshot_20210718_134804_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.9366bf45a7fd6c2ca3dbea5141272a50.jpg

Screenshot_20210718_134819_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.560d6ffb43e82b521207566a27cf294d.jpg

i'm going out, love it cold drinks cold food knap during the day and be up through out the night. no need for extra clothes still take my bag just sleep on top meant to get a mozzie net kind time of year the deet might come out, i take fifteen litres of water and get cold juice and fruit while there.  i get in for a paddle if need be just sit next to the rods with my feet in the water.

6 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i'm going out, love it cold drinks cold food knap during the day and be up through out the night. no need for extra clothes still take my bag just sleep on top meant to get a mozzie net kind time of year the deet might come out, i take fifteen litres of water and get cold juice and fruit while there.  i get in for a paddle if need be just sit next to the rods with my feet in the water.

Out area has give scattered showers all weekend, but temps still above 20oC...little lad n dog coming too, but both not keen on the forecasted thunder n lightning. 

I'm not fussed but due to little lad playing football and the incident with the young lad a couple of weeks ago, he now is scared to death about lightning. 

1 hour ago, B B said:

Best leave them both at home mate you want them both to enjoy the trip always another time. 👍

That's what I thought, but wife's working, and I've got it at 36hr now for a steal of £20 for 3 rods, it's a dad n lad fishing weekend what they do every year, me n 2 mates are booked on for em with our kids too. 

can't wait to get out going for an early start to beat the heat, one rod will be a tiger pop up the other a home made pop up and a home made bottom bait on the third, also take some zig bits get all the tackle in the swim and go get some cold items and a bag of ice to go in the cool box with blocks it is an electric one you plug in the car but won't be near the car really so ice it is. pound a bag, lovely.

2 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

can't wait to get out going for an early start to beat the heat, one rod will be a tiger pop up the other a home made pop up and a home made bottom bait on the third, also take some zig bits get all the tackle in the swim and go get some cold items and a bag of ice to go in the cool box with blocks it is an electric one you plug in the car but won't be near the car really so ice it is. pound a bag, lovely.

Good luck Carpbell….don’t forget the sun lotion  🥵

On 18/07/2021 at 15:49, B B said:

Well I worked this weekend outside prepping a house for painting…god it was hot 🥵 now I got the time off for a 48hr trip at linear on B1 starting early this Tuesday, all booked up which is just as well with the kids off from schools 

We arrived at linear as the gates opened 8am on Tuesday morning and it was Scorching the forecast was for it to be in the high 20’s roll on winter lol.. we had booked the disabled swim and I had the nx swim as my mates helper. It’s the shallow part of the lake and there was a lot of fish in front of us sunbathing a awesome display 😳we were like 2 kids let loose in a sweet shop…

but they were not interested one bit 🙄we tried every floating hook bait we had with no luck with 6 rods using zigs at all levels they didn’t even spook off, then we tried just using one rod still not a sniff  😞…god we were baked  🥵 we had no cover did I tell you it was hot ? then my mate says he’s found 30 ish dog biscuits at the bottom of his bag they had seen better days I thought, quick as a flash he sets up a ESP Controller with a light rod casts out 2 of the better mixers on the hair with a pouch of green ish mixers around the float and it only goes under and he’s in 😳A carp of 28lb happy days ! …. Alas that was the only fish we had over the 48 hrs of gruelling hot not a breath of wind days the car temperature had it at 31° …. See I said it got hot …

5BF4D94F-3B30-4F23-86BF-61BDEFA8DBC7.jpeg

Need 10am to hurry up... Like a kid at Christmas for every session lately.... 

Round the local park at 5am this morning with the dog... Back now sorting food n drink for 24hr session... Pick some maggots up for little en from Fishing Republic when open at 10am. 

Another Dad n Lad session like other week. 

Edited by Highy

54 minutes ago, Highy said:

Round the local park at 5am this morning with the dog... Back now sorting food n drink for 24hr session... Pick some maggots up for little en from Fishing Republic when open at 10am. 

Good luck hope you catch some monsters 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Good luck have a good un, quality time for you and your lad enjoy lads.😁👍🎣

6 hours ago, Highy said:

The weather has cooled down a bit could switch them on for you both tell your lad to leave some fish for you 👍

48 minutes ago, B B said:

The weather has cooled down a bit could switch them on for you both tell your lad to leave some fish for you 👍

Seems bang on today and the day after a full moon, couldn't get much better considering recent weather, I'm going to the late session at an inflatable park with the kids 😭