Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Would like your thoughts guys. 

All my fish have come off the same spot, haven't even had a sniff on the other two rods . The spot is tricky as it's in a channel between lillie beds at 100 yards but the lillies are still below the surface so you have to be on the money with no visual aid . 

Do I try & put a second rod on it ? Also worried it will really hinder me if I have a take , with two lines out there . Sat here wondering what to do . 

Thoughts? 

I think it would depend on if you are comfortable getting 2 rods on the spot, personally I have started thinking I may use this approach having one big baited banquet spot with 2 rods on, but I guess it depends on how easy it is to achieve and whether you will be confident landing them, and whether you can get your rig presented well ? 

That's probably only a call you can make though :)

but I will be interested in hearing what you decide ?

You know what lads, I gave it some time , what it did do is convince me the fish had moved away , so my gut was telling me to reel in and give the spot a rest.  So had a walk around the lake & had a chin wag with the Dutch guys fishing & my mates.  Picked up another 15 k on my way round & am now back in my swim pondering my next move . 

Phil, have you considered putting a rod close under your feet, in the near margin? Easier to bait up and I remember having a conversation with you at one of the socials about never overlooking the margin. As you know, I always have at least one rod close to the edge.

Ian.

6 hours ago, welder said:

Phil, have you considered putting a rod close under your feet, in the near margin? Easier to bait up and I remember having a conversation with you at one of the socials about never overlooking the margin. As you know, I always have at least one rod close to the edge.

Ian.

Funny I did make that change yesterday evening mate after sitting/ watching & trying to work out where they might want to be  .... the weather was due to change over night.  Wet & cold windy NE ,  I baited up down my left margin where it will be sheltered from it . Did me a take too but I lost it after a short battle with it in the lillies !!! Nearly got it right !!!  . They definitely seem to have moved off from where I had them from though , so more thinking needed today , just waiting for the sun to come up & see what today brings .already on my second brew proper carp pile if tbags building up 😁

24 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

really cold here today & wet which could turn to snow , hailed in the night , got drenched playing that one I lost.

So I hear, my mates are down at Cherpont in the Limousin region, they reckon it was absolutely savage last night! They moved to the deeper water yesterday and it seems to be paying off, a fish a piece I'm told.

Gutted for the loss mate. Keep at it.

Well today ended up being a right off... Sat eating my breakfast roll , reach down to get a wipe to clean the egg off my chops & ping my back goes into spasm !!! So couldn't even drive to get supplies .

The owner had some tramadol so reeled in boshed one & have only just come round lol , still in a lot of pain but has eased a little . Had to hire a boat as I can't cast long now absolute nightmare lads . If I'm lucky enough to catch another it will be a mat shot 😁

Decided to drink & bosh pain killers & get on with it 😇 . 

Had a re think on the swim moved things about . Put two rods tight on the spot that's done me fish . One rod on the margin spot I lost one from last night . And set up a forth on a spot to my left that I've been baiting since Saturday but not had any joy from , one of those where you just to have  a rod on just in case now.... you know what I mean . On an upside my arm feels better 😂20190403_175943.thumb.jpg.2233e89b4af23de0674dbdbbcb5ba6b7.jpg

Thanks for all the encouragement & banter lads. Feels like the c.com of yesteryear 😎

its not a rowing boat is it ? you would go round in circles with your knackered arm :)

sorry to hear about your back though that's no fun while you are away, hope it gets better soon so you can land another whacker, I get a similar thing quite often, sometimes it goes quite quickly, If you know any good yoga type stretches they can really help, otherwise more beer can do wonders for the pain especially with the tramalols 😵

5 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Well today ended up being a right off... Sat eating my breakfast roll , reach down to get a wipe to clean the egg off my chops & ping my back goes into spasm !!! So couldn't even drive to get supplies .

The owner had some tramadol so reeled in boshed one & have only just come round lol , still in a lot of pain but has eased a little . Had to hire a boat as I can't cast long now absolute nightmare lads . If I'm lucky enough to catch another it will be a mat shot 😁

Can you get hold of a hot water bottle?.

Dont get me wrong i love tramadol but it only masks and could make it worse if you over do it.