Fantastic bit of kit here.

Only beaten by the power porter, in my opinion (Which is too expensive for my taste (At the minute :wink: ))

Yep i got the pre Camo one which to be honest has transformed my Logistics, I can hump alll my gear in one go without stopping for a rest.

I have however got a few Camo replacement's saved in my E-bay lol

new%20big%20boy%20cammo_zpszky2zces.jpg

i need one like yours snoozer, my arms seize up after 200 yds so its stop go all the way to the car park :lol:

Mate it's sooo handy to lug everything inc Jims bivvy & rod holdal round to the swim without stopping, Jim had to give me a shove up the hill last time out when she was fully loaded but it was very slippery with all the wet stuff lately and i didn't want to spin out on the turn.

Your welcome to watch me push on bye your camp next time out :)

Ahh..... i see my post has gone , no explanation though ..........................

It was subtle but there was buried deep within the post that now no longer resides these hallowed pages an inferance that you might should someone wish to buy and you sell a certain Barra which you have in your possession.

As per the rules it should be of no surprise it got erased, But that's just my humble opinion :)

Edited by snoozer

Always found the nashy trax barras to be sturdy beasts if not the cheapest. Things may have changed over the last couple of years but they always looked as if you'd get some mileage out of them baby's. Depends on the terrain as well when deciding how many wheels you want on yer wagon :)

It's nowt to do with offensive and everything to do with No buying or selling on the Forum...And despite the clever wording so as to appear not to openly say this is for sale at **** do you want to but it it was obvious that was implied lol

I assume a mod looked at that post and though tut tut.....Delete.....Simples

Edited by snoozer

My view is that the best barrows going are the Carp Porter range. I have used the Mk.ll and it made short work of a mile walk to the swim at Taverham. If anyone knows Taverham, I am not joking on the distance from the car park to the swims on the far side, even the swims closest to the car park are probably 1/4 of a mile, and it is not fun lugging the gear for a week.

I am currently using a 'borrowed' Theseus Carp barrow, and for the RRP of £49.99 it is a good deal, although I do still have rucksack on my back, and I don't open out the side holders.

I found it very important to load a barrow correctly, everything needs to be stable, and you don't want much of the the heavy stuff at the back or it will kill your arms, you want the weight as far forward as you can (same with any wheelbarrow to be honest, and I have pushed a few of them over the years :!: )

Water container and ancillaries like books, camouflage net, iPad etc go into the underbarrow bag. I put my spare Chub Eazi Mat with chair on the bottom, then bedchair with legs opened out on that as far back on the barrow, actually resting on the handles before the swan neck. The bedchair legs hold stuff in middle of barrow :wink:

My tackle box and bait buckets go at the front of the barrow

My Bigger unhooking mat with pod/banksticks and buzz bars inside sits on top of bucket and tackle box, then rod holdall goes on the top, again positioned as far forward as possible, and is strapped down with decent bungees.

My view is that the best barrows going are the Carp Porter range. I have used the Mk.ll and it made short work of a mile walk to the swim at Taverham. If anyone knows Taverham, I am not joking on the distance from the car park to the swims on the far side, even the swims closest to the car park are probably 1/4 of a mile, and it is not fun lugging the gear for a week.

Just google mapped Taverham and i see what you mean !

I wonder how many trips were made to that far side pre Barra's before you were to tired to setup ?

Edited by salokcinnodrog

Just google mapped Taversham and i see what you mean !

I wonder how many trips were made to that far side pre Barra's before you were to tired to setup ?

We did make sure to minimise the amount of gear we took.

Before the advent of carp barrows, an ordinary wheelbarrow often made the journey :wink:

Plus there was also a time when gear was put into the boat and rowed across the lake :o

If we couldn't or didn't have those, then it was often a two trip job.

try and make sure you have a puncture proof tyre. I once had to walk a mile with a barrow full of kit with a flat tyre. Luckily I carried a pump with me for such occasions. took me three re-inflations to get back to the van! 

That happened to me too fella. Nightmare.

Don't get the Carp Porter puncture proof wheel though.... it's utter, utter pants. No tread so it slides all over the pace when it's muddy! Costs a fortune too. One of the worst buys I've ever made (shame as my Carp Porter was one of the best!). You're better off just getting a half decent wheelbarrow replacement wheel from the garden center for a tenner.

Then you've got to run the wheel at 30mph for a couple of miles to get it to run all round the wheel  :wink::P:lol:

Yep what he said.

We use or should i say my customers get me to put in their motorcycle tyres  "Goop Tyre Puncture Sealant Puncture Preventer"

This is a liquid that is designed to prevent your tyre deflating in the event of a puncture which i could see working well with some Barra tyres with shallow tread.

Its put into the tyre and sits there as a liquid until a puncture occurs in which case it plugs the hole and keeps you going..

Similar products are Slime & Ultraseal all 3 are preventers rather than trying to get you outa the poop after the tyre has deflated !

goop_zpssg38ugpf.jpg

I've seen something very similar to the above.... Demonstrated with a Philips screwdriver being stabbed into the tyre of a motorbike shortly followed by an orange coloured substance oozing out and hardening seemed like good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk