March 2024 catch reports

elmoputney

Reporting from the social, I decided to move on Saturday morning had a walk round with Dale and decided it was best, I moved into Bogmageddon and after a slog with the barrow, fannied about and found some spots, it soon became apparent I had made the right call when I saw one bosh to my left, then another to my right, got the rods tried to throwing stick some boilies out as I managed to lose my spod in a shimano faulty bail arm incident, that the others didn't rinse me for at all ๐Ÿ˜‚

Of course within minutes there were a flock of seagulls trying to eat every last one. But I figured I has some in the zone, within an hour I had a weird bite lifted One bleep dropped right back then lifted again, and I was in, went right to get behind an island then went left to get behind another, then wstsyed deep to try and lose me over the massive plateau betwixt us, but I got it over, it tried to go through all my lines and eventually I netted the beast of bogmageddon, all 27 and a half lbs of it, Leon (commonly) came to assist with the photos and as actually managed to make me smile for one ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

As I write it's lashing down the swim looks like a wet Glastonbury and I'm not looking forward to packing up but it's been fun and eventful, maybe time for another but it doesn't seem as likely today, hopefully I've pushed them down for Leon to have a busy night tonight.ย 

IMG_20240309_204118.thumb.jpg.ff82883521d18555d18041c9e399b922.jpg

Cracking fish mate, well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Had a similar incident with my shimano reel when spodding, bail arm shut as I went to cast. Snapped 60lb leader only for it to whip me across my arm and neck. Made my arm bleed ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Good luck with the rest of session mate hopefully bank a few more ๐Ÿ‘

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Cracking fish mate, well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Had a similar incident with my shimano reel when spodding, bail arm shut as I went to cast. Snapped 60lb leader only for it to whip me across my arm and neck. Made my arm bleed ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

Good luck with the rest of session mate hopefully bank a few more ๐Ÿ‘

No more for me, I got a small gap in the rain and made for home,ย 

My one has done that repeatedly and cost me loads of spombs, there is a simple fix, don't buy shimano ๐Ÿ˜‚

Or you could try this, I have to manually close the bale arm now but it beats losing spombs all the time.ย 

ย 

Did a quick overnighter on my winter estate lake last night, wind hacking into my face, mild night, overcast with showers on and off. This lake is a typical mixed fishery, rather than an out and out carp fishery, but has a good head of carp to 25lb(ish)ย IMG_9493.thumb.jpeg.d400385564ad8e2bcc898d43280ad16b.jpegthe frogs were active in the margins, a sign spring is springing. I had a hectic night, with 14 carp landed plus 2 bream from 18 takes, a few low doubles, a smattering of singles and a couple of 20s to top it off.ย IMG_9451.thumb.jpeg.ac285b7b25258ae264b3630e914660bf.jpeg15lbย IMG_9480.thumb.jpeg.38890d0a99e8c6e80f701fa03de642fa.jpeg20lb ghostieย IMG_9488.thumb.jpeg.9e3e16418bdaf5691cfdcb22ebeb4afe.jpeg22lbย IMG_9456.thumb.jpeg.7b04ef80b9967996058c8f63ca874430.jpeg14lbย 

ย 

Got out today... over me club lake...ย  a nice scrappy common got in on the act and gave me a good tear up all the way in from about 30 yards out... Rod was a 9'3" Sharpe, reel is an Abu 77 Cardinal, had a smaller carp which didn't stay still long enough for a shot... also had the scabbiest Bream in the lake...๐Ÿฅดย 

20240316_144643.jpg

18 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Got out today... over me club lake...ย  a nice scrappy common got in on the act and gave me a good tear up all the way in from about 30 yards out... Rod was a 9'3" Sharpe, reel is an Abu 77 Cardinal, had a smaller carp which didn't stay still long enough for a shot... also had the scabbiest Bream in the lake...๐Ÿฅดย 

20240316_144643.jpg

Hi Blue

Were you banned from going to the Yorkshire Vintage Tackle Fair by Mrs Blue ๐Ÿ˜ย ? .

I think your Sharpe is the same as mine , so could it be used instead of a 2 3/4 t/c 12ft. carbon ? ; I guess I would need to practice if I wanted to cast ย any distance ๐Ÿค” .ย 

My back isn't up to the drive Andy... anyway, we're doing Romsey later in the year... had 8 cortisone injections in one hit last month... drove to Portsmouth for the Wally trip and I was in agony... waiting for an op on my back to de-nerve it so I'm down to a few hours fishing locally at the mo...

The Sharpe is a tough rod, I can almost cast across our club lake with a 1.1 Avid lead, but I'm holding off giving it the beans on a really long chuck... besides if I want to fish the far bank I'll go round the other side and fish the margins...๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

20 hours ago, bluelabel said:

My back isn't up to the drive Andy... anyway, we're doing Romsey later in the year... had 8 cortisone injections in one hit last month... drove to Portsmouth for the Wally trip and I was in agony... waiting for an op on my back to de-nerve it so I'm down to a few hours fishing locally at the mo...

The Sharpe is a tough rod, I can almost cast across our club lake with a 1.1 Avid lead, but I'm holding off giving it the beans on a really long chuck... besides if I want to fish the far bank I'll go round the other side and fish the margins...๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

Oh H , that's horrible about your back , I hope you get your operation as soon as possible .

I'm hoping to retire this year , and I'm wondering about going all cane with my Sharpe , selling my carbons , or selling my Sharpe ๐Ÿค”ย .

I must get down the lake and experiment .

All the best .

Andy

๐Ÿ˜ƒย 

I have 2ร—9'3" and 2ร—9'6" plus an 8 footer... all have handled 20's... the only time I struggled with one,was when I hooked a 40lb+ at Ashmead in 2018...ย  just couldn't stop it ploughing through 2 weedbeds... lost it...๐Ÿ˜ญ

I retired 6 years ago, (ill health) get my state pension this year, got my name down for one of Leszeks Masterpieces but he's getting on a bit now

ย 

43 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I have 2ร—9'3" and 2ร—9'6" plus an 8 footer... all have handled 20's... the only time I struggled with one,was when I hooked a 40lb+ at Ashmead in 2018...ย  just couldn't stop it ploughing through 2 weedbeds... lost it...๐Ÿ˜ญ

I retired 6 years ago, (ill health) get my state pension this year, got my name down for one of Leszeks Masterpieces but he's getting on a bit now

ย 

Well the waters I fish don't have anything bigger than 20's , so I should be o.k. !ย 

๐Ÿ˜

• 2 weeks later...