• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, commonly said:

Had a couple of nights on the res.

No fish, again. 🥺

Always nice to get out, even when the bivvy decided it was going to leave without me, a few times in the wind this morning😳

20231111_150108.jpg

IMG-20231111-WA0006.jpeg

Two things spring to mind when I gaze at the lovely pics…one if I had a bite il be out of breath by the time I managed to get to the rods and two that is a proper bait boat !   😉

2 hours ago, commonly said:

Yeah, bivvies a lot further back the normal, as it's being filled up. I had to bring the rods back about 30 ft in 48 hrs. It's very, very muddy.

I can get all my kit in that boat for the 15 minute journey to the swim. 

This weekend was the toughest yet

Sounds like an adventure every trip…. I envy you  👍 

• 3 months later...

4 night blank to get me into the swing of things, lots to learn and a new playing field as the water is up 4ft on last year's drought level.

Great trip loved it - spring is in the air, the birds are at it, frogs in the margins being hunted by pike and masses of bugs crawling out the lake especially during rain - so many caddis or whatever they were that it freaked me out - all coming under my door by the dozen.

Can't wait to get back down asap.

Screenshot_20240318_195420_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7a298f7a6fc9cdc4a3677d643a11bf9e.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor

2 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

4 night blank to get me into the swing of things, lots to learn and a new playing field as the water is up 4ft on last year's drought level.

Great trip loved it - spring is in the air, the birds are at it, frogs in the margins being hunted by pike and masses of bugs crawling out the lake especially during rain - so many caddis or whatever they were that it freaked me out - all coming under my door by the dozen.

Can't wait to get back down asap.

Screenshot_20240318_195420_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7a298f7a6fc9cdc4a3677d643a11bf9e.jpg

Well , Kev , I have just quoted your post to my Wife , but I think she already understands why I don't go fishing / have to catch a fish to enjoy myself .

😃

• 2 weeks later...

Back down for another 3-4 nights potentially, picked back of the wind based on what I saw last trip and after setting up I saw several shows to my surprise, showing me where to put the rods, fingers crossed might get lucky - think I've dropped right on them unless they're passing through, some chunks to - fingers crossed 🤞 

Screenshot_20240328_152826_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e034b6c15f912d3feafc2334559f1c12.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor

26 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Back down for another 3-4 nights potentially, picked back of the wind based on what I saw last trip and after setting up I saw several shows to my surprise, showing me where to put the rods, fingers crossed might get lucky - think I've dropped right on them unless they're passing through, some chunks to - fingers crossed 🤞 

Screenshot_20240328_152826_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e034b6c15f912d3feafc2334559f1c12.jpg

Good luck 

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Lovely looking lake that Kev, and really nice choice of spot. The weather conditions feel ripe for some fish, let us know how you go mate.