August catches

muftyboy

2 minutes ago, smufter said:

I'd love it to be called that Geezer. But it won't. She's not a member..... although she is now thinking of joining. It would be good because she'd be the only lady member.

That's a shame maybe she can name her next 30 out of there, 

I have done a deal with my littluns today they are doing there fishing club rudd bashing session at 11 and they are going to help me try and catch some carp first for an hour or two,it only cost me a McDonald's so far but its progress 😁

19 hours ago, smufter said:

I don't believe this!! The last time I brought Liddy up here she caught two to my blank... She's now just landed a 30.5 Linear. And it's a named fish. I'm never going to live this down!! 

received_1239669476156910.jpeg

That's a beautiful fish , Smufter .

I think it's time for you to change from a baseball cap to a woolly hat .

The earlier 'photo of you and the Common , why are you fishing on the north face of the Eiger ? .

😁

22 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Well arrived at blakemere early this morning,  did the rounds etc 5 anglers on all blanking for a couple of days so nothing out.  Set my nephew up first in the peg next door & I hadn't even started fishing & he's gone and banked a pb 24lb on the nose first 20 too for him . Already made the trip happy days 😎

20190820_130110.thumb.jpg.dc63c82ca55e1f58e04a33e2d8c95964.jpg

That's a handsome Carp to have as your personal best , Chill .

😃

25 LB common or just a tad under 12 kilo as the Lithuanian fella  who took the pic called it, That's the hardest i have worked for a fish in a long time, the weed on the lake was ridiculous that horrid candy floss  stuff, just had the urge to fish a more difficult water than Swan.

Had the marker rod out found a clearish area about 50 yards out, but there was still a carpet of floss on the bottom, it was a case of trying to get a rig to sit on it put one rod out didn't get a solid donk from the led but i left it. put the other rod out and got a lovely solid reading back from the lead, donk. I was happy, all day thursday came and went nothing, knew I needed to change something, so i peeled out a foot or two of line and clipped up, really didn't want to move it as was on a tiny patch of something hard, i'd say gravel. Brought it in changed the bait for a bigger popup and threaded two foam packing nuggets along the hook length like a stick and put one on the hook, now i just had to put the rod back where it was. cast out the lead fell through the water and donk, right on the spot and it was a very small spot.

Settles in for the evening, nothing not even a bleep, got rudely awoken this morning at 7am by two guys stood behind my bivvy having a loud sweary moan about the amount of weed on the water.

I settled back on the bed a tad gutted nothing had picked up my bait in the night, just nodding back off and the alarm and baitrunner just started a long loud run, my alarms were still on night time volume, old school Fox MX, modern alarms don't have a patch on the sound a old Fox makes love the tone of a Fox.

After picking the rod up and switching the baitrunner off I felt what I knew was a good fish it stayed out the weed long enough for me to get a handle on things then it made it to a large patch of canadian weed  I just managed to guid into what i knew was the end of the weed bed keeping it out of the middle of the mass of weed.  It tried to stay there so i gave it a minuit see what it wanted to do, it wanted to get into the middle, it was do or cry time, applying as much pressure as I dare i slowly brought it in, it fought all the way to the bank picking up as much weed as possible, now the tricky part, netting it, to my surprise I managed to slip the net under the fish first time and leave the mass of weed on the outside of the net further up the line. Cleared the weed from my line and lifted the net out to the mat, hadn't the hook come out in the net, scary stuff. My best fish of the year.

Sorry about the poor light in the picture, i blame the lithuanian lad, lol. 

DSCF0866.JPG

18 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

25 LB common or just a tad under 12 kilo as the Lithuanian fella  who took the pic called it, That's the hardest i have worked for a fish in a long time, the weed on the lake was ridiculous that horrid candy floss  stuff, just had the urge to fish a more difficult water than Swan.

Had the marker rod out found a clearish area about 50 yards out, but there was still a carpet of floss on the bottom, it was a case of trying to get a rig to sit on it put one rod out didn't get a solid donk from the led but i left it. put the other rod out and got a lovely solid reading back from the lead, donk. I was happy, all day thursday came and went nothing, knew I needed to change something, so i peeled out a foot or two of line and clipped up, really didn't want to move it as was on a tiny patch of something hard, i'd say gravel. Brought it in changed the bait for a bigger popup and threaded two foam packing nuggets along the hook length like a stick and put one on the hook, now i just had to put the rod back where it was. cast out the lead fell through the water and donk, right on the spot and it was a very small spot.

Settles in for the evening, nothing not even a bleep, got rudely awoken this morning at 7am by two guys stood behind my bivvy having a loud sweary moan about the amount of weed on the water.

I settled back on the bed a tad gutted nothing had picked up my bait in the night, just nodding back off and the alarm and baitrunner just started a long loud run, my alarms were still on night time volume, old school Fox MX, modern alarms don't have a patch on the sound a old Fox makes love the tone of a Fox.

After picking the rod up and switching the baitrunner off I felt what I knew was a good fish it stayed out the weed long enough for me to get a handle on things then it made it to a large patch of canadian weed  I just managed to guid into what i knew was the end of the weed bed keeping it out of the middle of the mass of weed.  It tried to stay there so i gave it a minuit see what it wanted to do, it wanted to get into the middle, it was do or cry time, applying as much pressure as I dare i slowly brought it in, it fought all the way to the bank picking up as much weed as possible, now the tricky part, netting it, to my surprise I managed to slip the net under the fish first time and leave the mass of weed on the outside of the net further up the line. Cleared the weed from my line and lifted the net out to the mat, hadn't the hook come out in the net, scary stuff. My best fish of the year.

Sorry about the poor light in the picture, i blame the lithuanian lad, lol. 

DSCF0866.JPG

What a beauty monster! Congrats!

Did a day session at the local dawn till dusk,managed 3 from the margins. had 2 dropped runs (doesn’t happen much there) after the 2nd dropped run changed set up and landed the next 2. Happy with that just need to stop using blunt hooks. Some old warriors there,lovely fish. 🙄😂😂😎🎣

66211D4D-3FE1-4E1C-88AA-0DA288D28B5F.jpeg

37B5F065-E348-4C44-8633-2650B3D4DED1.jpeg

2F5B77E8-1B90-488E-A8BD-2ABBAA349474.png

Edited by snowmanstevo

48 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Did a day session at the local dawn till dusk,managed 3 from the margins. had 2 dropped runs (doesn’t happen much there) after the 2nd dropped run changed set up and landed the next 2. Happy with that just need to stop using blunt hooks. Some old warriors there,lovely fish. 🙄😂😂😎🎣

66211D4D-3FE1-4E1C-88AA-0DA288D28B5F.jpeg

37B5F065-E348-4C44-8633-2650B3D4DED1.jpeg

2F5B77E8-1B90-488E-A8BD-2ABBAA349474.png

Nice fish mate good angling. 👍 👍 

50 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Snuck out for an hour after kids bed time just when I thought the goose was cooked, after a dog jumped In and 3 kids that called each other bruv a lot decided to sit in the swim next door making noise the rod ripped off and I landed a nice little common of 8 ish lb, home and having a gin now 

#prettyurbanelmo

Those can be the best times wen u nick an hour or two...👍👍

Got back from France last night.

Tough week with Temps high 30s and not a breath of wind.

Had a 43lb 1st night and then lost 2 on Sunday morning and  not another bite until Thursday afternoon when we finally got a nice breeze on the lake.

Had 2 Thursday afternoon and then 3 in a couple of hours at 1st light on Friday. 

Then about 11, 30 I hooked into what feltlike a proper lump.

Hook pulled after a couple of minutes.

Was gutted and actually said to my mate that that was my last chance as the Temps were rocketing again.

I was right as I didn't have another bleep. 

IMG-20190830-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190830-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190830-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190829-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190830-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190824-WA0011.jpg