Anyone doing evening sessions at the moment?

jh92

I did all through the winter last year.

My biggest fish from my local lake came from a wet and cold evening back in march.

Just can't be arsed to do it at the moment.

Doing a lot of overtime as I have a family holiday in Greece and a fishing trip to France to pay for so when I do get an evening to myself I'd rather spend it at home with the family.

Probably start again around March time.

I've always done loads of short after dark winter sessions, sometimes as short as two hours. I don't do midweek overnighters anymore though.

I've caught lots of fish in the first two to three hours of darkness in the colder months.

This year I've been fishing very little, but I'm still doing my best to get to the lake at least once a week after dark to put a bit of feed in.

I fished Rushes Lake in France from 11th November to the 19th, this year. It was dark longer than it was light and when it was light it was freezing!

I was there because I'd promised the owners that I'd keep an eye on the place and feed their dog and cat while they were at their son's wedding in Dubai. My son was supposed to be with me but was admitted to hospital suffering from pneumonia on the day of departure and was in for 5 days.

Never, ever have I felt so isolated or lonely. Won't be doing that again, trust me.

Ian.

16 minutes ago, welder said:

I fished Rushes Lake in France from 11th November to the 19th, this year. It was dark longer than it was light and when it was light it was freezing!

I was there because I'd promised the owners that I'd keep an eye on the place and feed their dog and cat while they were at their son's wedding in Dubai. My son was supposed to be with me but was admitted to hospital suffering from pneumonia on the day of departure and was in for 5 days.

Never, ever have I felt so isolated or lonely. Won't be doing that again, trust me.

Ian.

My Wife's just said it's a good job your Son didn't fall ill while you were away in the middle of nowhere .

So how's your Son doing now ? .

🙂 

3 hours ago, crusian said:

My Wife's just said it's a good job your Son didn't fall ill while you were away in the middle of nowhere .

So how's your Son doing now ? .

🙂

He's still not 100% but came back to work with me last Friday. Your wife is quite right, he planned to fly to Le Mans with me collecting him from there when released from hospital. He told one of the doctors as much and was told, in absolute terms, that it would probably be the death of him. He's since told me that he thought his demise was near, for a strapping, muscular 37 year old this was something of a shock. He'll get well, he's got to. We've got a backlog of wrought iron gates, railings etc to catch up with...………...

Crusian, thanks for your concern and show this post to your wife, please.

Ian.

3 hours ago, dayvid said:

I would have loved that , all on my own, middle of know where , butt ….did you catch.....

Dayvid, you and I have fished together, albeit in decent weather, at Horseshoe. This experience was the polar opposite of that.....

Whatever, yes I caught. Best was a 32lb common which came to the net like a defeated bream. The lake hasn't been fished in November for over 15 years so who knows what goes on.

Most interesting element? Sitting reading a book with Mylo, the resident dog at my feet. He sat bolt upright, staring at something behind me. Two wild boar from the woodland behind the swim. They helped alleviate the loneliness...…………..

Ian.

17 hours ago, welder said:

He's still not 100% but came back to work with me last Friday. Your wife is quite right, he planned to fly to Le Mans with me collecting him from there when released from hospital. He told one of the doctors as much and was told, in absolute terms, that it would probably be the death of him. He's since told me that he thought his demise was near, for a strapping, muscular 37 year old this was something of a shock. He'll get well, he's got to. We've got a backlog of wrought iron gates, railings etc to catch up with...………...

Crusian, thanks for your concern and show this post to your wife, please.

Ian.

Hi Ian 

My Wife and me are very happy to read that your lad is on the mend , it's a shock to learn you're mortal even if you're built like a brick outhouse ! .

You didn't fancy some wild boar for dinner then ? .

😀

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Ian 

My Wife and me are very happy to read that your lad is on the mend , it's a shock to learn you're mortal even if you're built like a brick outhouse ! .

You didn't fancy some wild boar for dinner then ? .

😀

I'd gladly have eaten wild boar but the catching, killing and cooking bits would have been complicated and too gruesome to contemplate.

I settled for a microwaved Chicken Provencal in the end. Hardly any bloodshed...………….

Ian.