Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just back from 4 Days out in Barcelona,  with the family celebrating my 40 th . Had a great time took in a lot of the sights.  But most importantly went to the game Saturday. Eddie was blown away as was myself & Kate at the stadium.  Messi hat trick & a great game ending 5-2 just topped it off .

20191207_194620.thumb.jpg.ff62d88deeb5ecbf80aadc154ea15d14.jpg

Defo can recommend it to anyone who likes there footy 😎

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Just back from 4 Days out in Barcelona,  with the family celebrating my 40 th . Had a great time took in a lot of the sights.  But most importantly went to the game Saturday. Eddie was blown away as was myself & Kate at the stadium.  Messi hat trick & a great game ending 5-2 just topped it off .

Class mate, Messi’s the best to ever play the game in my opinion... you and your family are very lucky to see him play live. 

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

I know Messi hatrick was special but what about the goal by suarez?.

Happy birthday mate.

Great goal muft the build up & the finish .... had a brilliant view of the goal as most of the action was down our wing in the first half.  Was the best game I've ever seen live mate that's for sure . 

32 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Class mate, Messi’s the best to ever play the game in my opinion... you and your family are very lucky to see him play live. 

Agree mate .... was a special trip . First time we've all been abroad together as a family too .

• 3 weeks later...

So went down to the secret lake today for the 1st time in ages. 

The water levels are up and the 3 swims we made are now under water. 

When I got to the second swim there were 6 small goldfish there, 1 dead and 5 looking really ill. 

Manged to get the dead one and 3 of the live ones out and put them out there misery. 

Must of been put in today I reckon. 

Not sure about what sort of damage goldfish can do to a lake. 

I know 1st hand what koi can do but does anybody reckon there could be trouble ahead?. 

2 hours ago, dayvid said:

That sort of thing has been going on for years , our lake has had ,

Goldfish ,they dont last think the pike love them , Bull Frog ,noisey creature ,Terrapins , Koi Carp , their just the ones that come to mind. 

Was thinking the pike would get them. 

Was more worried about the spread of disease as the goldfish had sores on them. 

After witnessing the end of a khv outbreak on a public lake in France earlier this year I'd hate to see it again. 

9 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Was thinking the pike would get them. 

Was more worried about the spread of disease as the goldfish had sores on them. 

After witnessing the end of a khv outbreak on a public lake in France earlier this year I'd hate to see it again. 

Hopefully just poorly looked after goldfish that the owners thought they may have a better life getting eaten by pike or heron or something, if they weren't looked after in the tank getting put in a lake wouldn't do them any good, 

There is a probably a goldfish website that may show there types of illness you may be able to work it out from that 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Highy said:

Well...Car has given up on me...Engine blown...too much to restore.

Hopefully get the wife around to using hers 🤞🤞

Tonight....it's myself and 7 kids for my son's "Fortnite themed sleepover"...so far all's good.

Bad luck with car.☹

Good luck with the kids. 😁

Been on the look out for a new car this past week going with something bigger than a fiesta this time, the fords such as the c max or s max are ok but i'm not an MPV type of person so i looked at the estates very high millage for the money plus i don't like them much.

So i have been looking at the Honda CRV in the 2.2 D sports, but then i looked at labour charges on a Honda wow, got to drop the front sub frame off and a load of bits out of the engine bay just o change the clutch, need to think about hat one.

What I have found and am leaning towards is the Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 D in the warrior range, got the sued lined interior manual 4x4 selection and all he bells and whistles, looking at getting something around the 80k mark with full service history 2008-2012, 

Any ideas suggestions? 

12 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Been on the look out for a new car this past week going with something bigger than a fiesta this time, the fords such as the c max or s max are ok but i'm not an MPV type of person so i looked at the estates very high millage for the money plus i don't like them much.

So i have been looking at the Honda CRV in the 2.2 D sports, but then i looked at labour charges on a Honda wow, got to drop the front sub frame off and a load of bits out of the engine bay just o change the clutch, need to think about hat one.

What I have found and am leaning towards is the Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 D in the warrior range, got the sued lined interior manual 4x4 selection and all he bells and whistles, looking at getting something around the 80k mark with full service history 2008-2012, 

Any ideas suggestions? 

20 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Any ideas suggestions? 

Is a van no good to you? They are the ultimate fishing wagons.  

10 hours ago, crusian said:

23 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Any ideas suggestions? 

Hello Carpbell

I'll try again ! .

I had a petrol , auto , CRV 2002 ; common spares reasonably priced , but a new propshaft about £1300 I think . On a long run about 30mpg .

Now I have a 5 door Civic 2003 , about 40mpg on a long run , sits much lower than the CRV and lower yourself down into it ; everything is cheaper than on the CRV i.e. insurance , road tax etc . Interestingly much more legroom , back and front .

I've always fancied a subaru , but my Wife says it's too big ☹️.

My Wife also says she thinks diesels aren't so popular these days , so maybe you could pick up a bargain ? .

I will be interested to read what you eventually buy .

😃

Edited by crusian
punctuation

I am looking at new cars at the moment my Passat tdi has been great tbh I've done 110,000 average 40+ mpg pretty much hassle free motoring in it, it's getting a little tired now but still runs like a dream, I would quite like to see how far I can go with it, but not sure been looking at more practical family vehicles, like an estate or a grande cmax, but it also needs to be suitable for fishing, 

My misses has a seat ibiza fr diesel 30 tax 50+mpg diesels are great imo, I wouldnt put you off any *** diesel, 

Don't be tempted by a b class merc though biggest pile of toot I've ever owned, 

I didn't like my mum and dad's petrol crv that much tbh bit wallowy and expensive to run and that was a decade ago they switched for a diesel one which was better 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I am looking at new cars at the moment my Passat tdi has been great tbh I've done 110,000 average 40+ mpg pretty much hassle free motoring in it, it's getting a little tired now but still runs like a dream, I would quite like to see how far I can go with it, but not sure been looking at more practical family vehicles, like an estate or a grande cmax, but it also needs to be suitable for fishing, 

My misses has a seat ibiza fr diesel 30 tax 50+mpg diesels are great imo, I wouldnt put you off any *** diesel, 

Don't be tempted by a b class merc though biggest pile of toot I've ever owned, 

I didn't like my mum and dad's petrol crv that much tbh bit wallowy and expensive to run and that was a decade ago they switched for a diesel one which was better 

Hi , Elmo

Can you post which car you eventually get pls. ? .

There was a guy on here - Dalthegooner ( I think ) , who bought a Suburu Forester , and I would love to read  his review .

😃

Edited by crusian
remove word