Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

18 minutes ago, commonly said:

Get on that Highy. 

I've wanted to get one, great way to find the fish on a big water, then using a hook or claw type thing drop the rig!! Excellent use of technology, some may say cheating, but it's an advancement of the Bait boats. 

I've noticed a few fisheries have banned them already, can't say as I can see why? 

1. people will be swimming out to retrieve downed drones in the middle of the lakes because of their value which has huge H&S implications
  2. flying them around too low and crashing them
  3. being an idiot with it to annoy others
  4. drone wars in the sky between anglers
  5. using them to fish out of you swim and unsafe areas as people do with bait boats
  6. privacy issues
  7. noise
  8. its illegal to do without the proper permissions (leaseholders dont cut it I dont think, has to be the landowner)

looks like there is a few reasons..

4 minutes ago, greekskii said:
  1. people will be swimming out to retrieve downed drones in the middle of the lakes because of their value which has huge H&S implications

There's a £2k drone on the deck of a big pit in France I used to fish once a year. Of course if the "angler" could actually cast a rod (he used a bait boat too) he'd have stood a chance of retrieving it on rod/line😂

3 hours ago, finchey said:

Dads new toy now me thinks. 😁😁

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Get on that Highy. 

I've wanted to get one, great way to find the fish on a big water, then using a hook or claw type thing drop the rig!! Excellent use of technology, some may say cheating, but it's an advancement of the Bait boats. 

I've noticed a few fisheries have banned them already, can't say as I can see why? 

No not me...went back to shop for some Footy Cards

• 2 weeks later...

All packed ready for France.... heading down to folkestone later this evening,  stopping in a hotel over night,  then its just a matter of getting up & getting on the train . Will be around 6 hours the other side so a bit of a road trip. 

Fingers crossed for a good weeks fishing .... two of us with 20 odd acres to go at & some Big commons to try & trip up 😎 

Proper in the sticks so not sure about 4g etc , but will hopefully keep you posted through out the week . Was good banter back in March at a different venue & bounced a few ideas off you lot which helped bank a couple of bonus fish  😎

18 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

All packed ready for France.... heading down to folkestone later this evening,  stopping in a hotel over night,  then its just a matter of getting up & getting on the train . Will be around 6 hours the other side so a bit of a road trip. 

Fingers crossed for a good weeks fishing .... two of us with 20 odd acres to go at & some Big commons to try & trip up 😎 

Proper in the sticks so not sure about 4g etc , but will hopefully keep you posted through out the week . Was good banter back in March at a different venue & bounced a few ideas off you lot which helped bank a couple of bonus fish  😎

Good luck will keep an eye out for updates on your progress 

I've always found I get better 4g signal if I stand on 1 leg on a bucket  and sing Angry Anderson's timeless classic Suddenly whilst wearing waders and a dress 😄

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Good luck,Phil. Who you going with mate,do we know him.

Im sure you’ll work hard at finding em and catching em ! Look forward to possible updates 😬😎🎣

30 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Still on the road .... you know it's a long trek when you start seeing signs for German cities 😁 

Hopefully be at the lake by 3 pm 😎

Watch out for throwing stick shoulder , Chill. , and hopefully your back is nice and supple as well .

Have a great trip , and show us the big kippers ! .

😃

6 hours ago, crusian said:

Watch out for throwing stick shoulder , Chill. , and hopefully your back is nice and supple as well .

Have a great trip , and show us the big kippers ! .

😃

Cheers mate .

Haven't been able to get sorted before dark so will start at it tomorrow,  done a bit of baiting & found some area's of interest .  Absolutely knackered tbh so going to get my head down . Didn't realise just how close to Germany we would end up.  Lots of remnants of the war etc very humbling . 

13 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Cheers mate .

Haven't been able to get sorted before dark so will start at it tomorrow,  done a bit of baiting & found some area's of interest .  Absolutely knackered tbh so going to get my head down . Didn't realise just how close to Germany we would end up.  Lots of remnants of the war etc very humbling . 

Hope you've had a good sleep - did you put your bivvy up , or is their a lodge of some kind for the weary traveller to crash out in ? .

When the guys on the forum describe arriving at their lake after dark , finding the fish , casting out baiting up , bivvy up and finally getting to eat when I would have been asleep for an hour , well hats off to them I would have cast 2 rods into trees and had a massive hissy fit ! .

😃

9 hours ago, crusian said:

Hope you've had a good sleep - did you put your bivvy up , or is their a lodge of some kind for the weary traveller to crash out in ? .

When the guys on the forum describe arriving at their lake after dark , finding the fish , casting out baiting up , bivvy up and finally getting to eat when I would have been asleep for an hour , well hats off to them I would have cast 2 rods into trees and had a massive hissy fit ! .

😃

Words from my mouth! I've done France many times, often after travelling well into the night. My list of priorities upon arrival:

Erect bivvy.

Install bedchair , sleeping bag and/or peachskin.

Get onto bedchair.

Sleep. Like a log. Several logs if necessary.

Ian.

Still trying to work this lake out .... I did the first 24hrs of fishing from the chalet as the wind was pushing down that end & Dave had first pick & quite rightly set up where a few were showing further up the lake . I know I've only been fishing really for 24 hrs but just not feeling it . It's screaming out to fish tgat end because of the wind but there absolutely nothing showing . With the couple of days being here it would appear that night time is when they give them selves up.  So spent the day out in the boat finding harder spots in amougst the silt further up the lake where I heard a few crash out last night.  All set know & just hoping moving off my bait & starting a fresh so early in the session will pay off . I've still got a visual on my original spots so in effect I'm still fishing them (if you get what I mean ). The winds still pushing nicely down there , so they might turn up . 

Dave had a nice grassie in the night so we are off the mark as a pair.  

8 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Lost one right on dusk 🙄... wasn't on for long,  so couldn't of got a good hook hold !  . Still it's back on the money & hoping for a bit more luck . which seems to of deserted me of late.

Unlucky,mate. Keep at it I’m sure it will come good,Phil.