come on then, what pets you got or would like

Gaz

Although not mine as such, I have always looked after them, I miss my Mother and Stepfathers dogs. Barnaby is mad, and has caused me grief over the years, whereas Douglas is a little lap dog but both absolutely love fishing with me.

untitled_zps79cdb953.png

DSCF0019.jpg

I do also miss my childrens cat, a mostly white tortoiseshell that they have called Tallulah and their Staff, a brindle that they got from RSPCA, called Bongo

As for Barnaby putting me through it, have a read:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=31800&highlight=barnaby

After we had Kye, my old greyhound put to sleep a few years ago, my daughter has pestered me non stop for another dog, i have had to be a the big bad dad and keep saying no, then a few weeks back she changed her question........."dad can i get a kitten"............"yes, providing its all done right" so we now have Albie, a white fuzzball

• 1 month later...

Had a West Highland White Terrier, called Kimberly. The little spoiled bratt.

Now I have two Labradors called Femke and Roxy, the oldest I'd used to bring along at the bank.

I can't imagine a better suitable dog to bring along while behind the rods.

When proper trained, you don't need a leash.

Cheers

Lex

Had a West Highland White Terrier, called Kimberly. The little spoiled bratt.

Now I have two Labradors called Femke and Roxy, the oldest I'd used to bring along at the bank.

I can't imagine a better suitable dog to bring along while behind the rods.

When proper trained, you don't need a leash.

Cheers

Lex

Wow, that's got to be some kind of record. Your first post 9 years after joining the forum :P

8) sorry guys.

I've been a bit busy, and not aware of the sites I apperently already registered to.

Then I'll see a nice site to register, and guess what! They already have one registered with that emailaddress! :roll:

I will try to be a more frequent and active visitor :lol:

Lex

• 3 weeks later...

About 3 years ago I was on a river Carp fishing for the weekend when I came across a bedraggled little dog on a track not far from where we were fishing, my beloved dog had passed away that year and after going through that I didn't want another, however by the end of our weekend session that changed.

It was more like he found me rather than me finding him, he immediately made himself at home on my JRC and Helly Hansen field jacket as you can see.

2lxi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Coincidence or is it fate? Found on what have been Madison's 11th birthday and when I got him to the vets for a check up and to see if he was chipped (he wasn't) he weighed 6.4kg, Madison was 64kg.

Hawkesbury, he's named after the river I found him on, has been with me ever since. :D

Chris

About 3 years ago I was on a river Carp fishing for the weekend when I came across a bedraggled little dog on a track not far from where we were fishing, my beloved dog had passed away that year and after going through that I didn't want another, however by the end of our weekend session that changed.

It was more like he found me rather than me finding him, he immediately made himself at home on my JRC and Helly Hansen field jacket as you can see.

2lxi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Coincidence or is it fate? Found on what have been Madison's 11th birthday and when I got him to the vets for a check up and to see if he was chipped (he wasn't) he weighed 6.4kg, Madison was 64kg.

Hawkesbury, he's named after the river I found him on, has been with me ever since. :D

Chris

nice story mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would love a boxer,but with me and missus working all day it wouldnt be fair to have one. Would have to have it from a pup aswell.

My mum and dad got one 2 weeks before i was born so i grew up with him and he was the nicest softy ever.i used to sleep in his basket with him! Yet he was also the best guard dog aswell.always used to check me and my sister were in our beds before he went to bed!

I will have one one day but just not practicle at the minute!

• 2 months later...

We have a Labrador/Poodle cross called Bosley, 7 years old and still a bit bonkers but a real family dog. And a Cavalier King Charles/Bichon Frise cross called Olly, he's 2 and starting to calm down a bit from his mad puppy years although he does have a panchant for muddy puddles, water and fox poo, he's in the bath 2 or 3 times a week!

The cat is 14 years old now but you wouldn't know that to look at her, she's in charge of both the dogs!

With sheep in the back field it seems like it! Our house is cut into a bank so the back field is level with our upstairs windows. It's weird waking up to a sheep bleating at you from about two foot away! Lol

It's ace though. Buzzards nest in the woods behind the stables and have a falcon that hunts over one of our bigger field. They make a hell of a slap when they hit a pigeon from above.