come on then, what pets you got or would like

Gaz

Just the one cat a new addition last November on insistence by the Mrs.

uzagyhus.jpg

esuzuset.jpg

She (the cat not the mrs) acts more like a dog and rolls over to have her tummy rubbed at any opportunity. My friends when they visit say she's like the be more dog cat of the advert.

She's also quite a good hunter and at least a few times a week we are greeted by dead birds or mice in various states when we go down for breakfast.

e9uherus.jpg

Dogs are awesome but I don't have one at the moment!

I do however keep 4 snakes

1 x common boa

1 x Columbian/common boa

1 x kayuadi reticulated python

1 x apricot pueblan milksnake

and a red footed tortoise!

There enough of a hand full at the moment with 3 of my snakes being large constrictors!

All good fun though!

yde6e6y4.jpgte3ugupe.jpgu9yguha4.jpgata9e2y7.jpggu5y6udu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,Magnificent looking dog.

However, I dont think you statement is quite correct.

Strictly speaking a Lurcher is a crossbeed of any sight hound eg whippet, greyhound saluki and any pastoral breed,eg collie, german shepherd etc. they hunt by sight, smell and hearing!

A cross twixt two sighthounds is a Longdog and normaly hunt by sight alone.

However over the last 60 years or so more and more terrier cross dogs have been called lurchers by their owners so that now it is common practice to call bush dogs like bedlington terrier x whippets lurchers .

The three types of dogs were originaly breed for completely different reasons.

If i am correct a lurcher is a sighthound i.e greyhound crossed with anyother breed to create a lurcher they can be long hair,short,broken coated.
The breeding for example the percentages of cross is important to create the dog you require for your sport for example a small fast dog for rabbiting i.e bedlington/whippet or for bigger game greyhound/saluki cross.
This is my best pal in the world manujy8e.jpg

Edited by levigsp

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

that's the only downside to owning pets that they have to leave you eventually :(

Unfortunately as a dog boarder, several of the dogs that have boarded with me regularly over the years have died, mainly through old age..and since the dogs board with me in the house (I don't believe in kennels) they are all like my own dogs and get treated that way!..It's a great loss when one of them dies..

So you might say I've lost several of my dogs over the years..It's always upsetting when that happens..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not being funny Cliff, do you know how to upload a picture?

If you can then you're half way there, it needs to be hosted externally on for instance photobucket, imgur; I wouldn't use a cloud account though.

Assuming you know how to do the above - when you post a reply, there is a icon button you click to insert an image into your post, you then just type or paste the link to the picture.

If this makes no sense at all, no worries, just need a strating point - even newmarket can do it so you'll be fine :lol:

Not being funny Cliff, do you know how to upload a picture?

If you can then you're half way there, it needs to be hosted externally on for instance photobucket, imgur; I wouldn't use a cloud account though.

Assuming you know how to do the above - when you post a reply, there is a icon button you click to insert an image into your post, you then just type or paste the link to the picture.

If this makes no sense at all, no worries, just need a strating point - even newmarket can do it so you'll be fine :lol:

Hi ianain yes i do know how to upload photos i have lots in photobucket. but i can't see where the icon button is ? 

I have a wife who I call "pet"  who is very well behaved most of the time and is loyal and affectionate, She's a great home builder and good with kids....

However.....she does tend to lean towards the jobs list a little too much especially when the weather is bang on to catch a carp or two?

Know what I mean fella's....but you love your pets right???????