This forum

B B

20 hours ago, B B said:

I haven’t been able to get on to this wonderful site for a while but just managed to log in …has then been trouble at t mill 🤔 ??

I had the same problem for a while. Eventually I contacted Nick who had a word with Richard, the site owner. It seems that a couple of formats couldn't support this site. Now resolved I'm pleased to see.

Ian.

3 hours ago, welder said:

I had the same problem for a while. Eventually I contacted Nick who had a word with Richard, the site owner. It seems that a couple of formats couldn't support this site. Now resolved I'm pleased to see.

Ian.

Fancy going fishing Ian?

I hope you're well mate?

On 30/01/2024 at 22:56, commonly said:

Fancy going fishing Ian?

I hope you're well mate?

Yes, I'd like that. I wouldn't enjoy it so much in cold weather as some of the medication I take to keep my heart working thins my blood so I really, really feel the cold.

So I'll attend if it's warm ish. Oh, I haven't been able to access this site for several days. Again. What's up now?

Ian.

1 hour ago, welder said:

Ye, I'd like that. I wouldn't enjoy it so much in cold weather as some of the medication I take to keep my heart working thins my blood so I really, really feel the cold.

So I'll attend if it's warm ish. Oh, I haven't been able to access this site for several days. Again. What's up now?

Ian.

Fair enough mate, totally understand.

We're booked early March @ Booneys.

See spring social.

I'm sure we'll do something in the summer.

That's if the forum is still working?? 

Is that tumbleweed??

Seems as though there's only a handful of survivors left after the apocalypse? 

What's going on mods???

Strange the shop remains online, without any stock??

Personally, I can't see the shop and forum working out, Nice try, but sort the forum out please? The other one is pants

I hope it doesn't go but I do understand that a Site like this needs traffic or sales to survive.

I was in the market for some reels a while back and got each one £44 cheaper somewhere else but it wasn't in stock anyway. I just had a look at the shop and on the bait page, the first 24 items on the page are out of stock! Unfortunately I couldn't be bothered to search any further, a classic case of not expecting to find anything and going somewhere else.

Unfortunately the Site does seem to suffer from Safety Certificate  issues and it has been down for at least a week about 3 times in the last 6 months at my reckoning.

I prefer this Site as it is smaller and friendlier.

I think that a subscription model would kill it (isn't everything on the net free?) but it might stop the spam messages that seem to pop up regularly but take an age to get taken down.

This isn't a pop at Nick or anyone but a genuine request for idea's that would secure the future of the Site. Any suggestions?

I belong to a different forum on scale models. The free version is available to all, but you can also sponsor the site for just £10 a year. There are a good few hundred users who do just that, and it more than pays hosting fees etc.

Is that a way to go?I t's less than a kilo of boilies to keep the forum going all year. Of course you'd want reassurance that the issues would be resolved, but it's an idea anyway.

2 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

I belong to a different forum on scale models. The free version is available to all, but you can also sponsor the site for just £10 a year. There are a good few hundred users who do just that, and it more than pays hosting fees etc.

Is that a way to go?I t's less than a kilo of boilies to keep the forum going all year. Of course you'd want reassurance that the issues would be resolved, but it's an idea anyway.

I think people would buy tackle from the shop to show support if it had stock 

On 30/01/2024 at 18:57, welder said:

Ian.

Annoyingly Google is the worst, I was able to still access the site through Mozilla Firefox.

Every time we update the site, including trying to put stock on, it blows the SSL certificate so that has to be updated again.

I'm not on as much as I was due to my health and father care issues, so don't always get to spam. Please if you spot any, give a report post, the mods and myself get an email with a link.

The shop, I wish I knew more about it being fully up and running.