New purchases

B B

On 27/08/2023 at 13:05, B B said:

This must be the 1st time I bought shelve life  🤔

My go to bait mate, been using shelflife krill in 20mm and 16mm for the last couple years now and has always done me well. What I love is I know they put fish on the bank for me and the confidence is always there so its one less thing to worry about 🤣

5 x 10litre buckets

Pack of korda hook klips

Size 4 korda kurv hooks

Size 6 korda kurv hooks

They have always been my favourite pattern but the shop was running low so picked up a pack of korda klor hooks in Size 6 to test out. 

25kg sack of maize

10kg sack of hemp

10kg sack of tigers

Korda long chuck line 1000m in 15lb

.6mm krimps

Korda dark matter tubing 

Still got a few more things I need to purchase before my big sesh 🤣

32 minutes ago, jh92 said:

My go to bait mate, been using shelflife krill in 20mm and 16mm for the last couple years now and has always done me well. What I love is I know they put fish on the bank for me and the confidence is always there so its one less thing to worry about 🤣

5 x 10litre buckets

Pack of korda hook klips

Size 4 korda kurv hooks

Size 6 korda kurv hooks

They have always been my favourite pattern but the shop was running low so picked up a pack of korda klor hooks in Size 6 to test out. 

25kg sack of maize

10kg sack of hemp

10kg sack of tigers

Korda long chuck line 1000m in 15lb

.6mm krimps

Korda dark matter tubing 

Still got a few more things I need to purchase before my big sesh 🤣

Yup that’s a shopping list alright… for me it’s got to be Korda Kranks , il blitz some of the Krill I got with some hemp in the blender add a good glug of cloudy kill with handful of dried skimmed milk with porridge oats. Il mix it on the bank if the carp are showing themselves  🤞

1 hour ago, B B said:

Yup that’s a shopping list alright… for me it’s got to be Korda Kranks , il blitz some of the Krill I got with some hemp in the blender add a good glug of cloudy kill with handful of dried skimmed milk with porridge oats. Il mix it on the bank if the carp are showing themselves  🤞

If you like kranks you will love these, he does do them unsharpened and they are still sharp. But those next level sharp. But need rust proofing 

https://www.jprecisionhooks.co.uk/products/gapex-1

We've been to smyths toy superstore /angling direct this morning 

2 rainbow high dolls and an advanta sleeping bag ccx4 season, my cyprinus one has seen better days and it's heavy I already have a cover that I use mainly in the warmer months but thought its going to soon be time to want a bag also , looks alright for £67 peachskin and it has a shiny inner rather than fleece that I always seem to get stuck in 4 season and it only weighs 3kg my cyprinus weighed an actual tonne. 

On 28/08/2023 at 16:46, ouchthathurt said:

Just got 10kg of premier superaminos base mix with their shellfish sense appeals flavour

Just mixed up a 6 egg mix with the new ingredients, after 20yrs+ of using the premier aminos, I fancied updating it, so brought the superaminos base which is the aminos with added kelp, robin red, liver with a spicy note, I’ve finally had to retire the smoked ham flavour as I’m struggling to find a supply from a reputable manufacturer that I trust, so I got a bottle of the premier shellfish sense appeal, which is quite pungent! So 2ml of shellfish sense appeal, 2ml of original sense appeal, 15ml of salmon oil, cream palatant, robin red and six eggs have produced a lovely firm bait which a savoury, spicy aroma with a note of shellfish. They certainly smell good, they have a totally different smell to previous mixes I’ve made up, yet on the aminos base I’ve got so much faith in. I crumbled up a few baits into the garden pond and the carp went mad for it, so that’s a good start I suppose! The test will be tomorrow night when I slip out for a quick overnighter 

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Just mixed up a 6 egg mix with the new ingredients, after 20yrs+ of using the premier aminos, I fancied updating it, so brought the superaminos base which is the aminos with added kelp, robin red, liver with a spicy note, I’ve finally had to retire the smoked ham flavour as I’m struggling to find a supply from a reputable manufacturer that I trust, so I got a bottle of the premier shellfish sense appeal, which is quite pungent! So 2ml of shellfish sense appeal, 2ml of original sense appeal, 15ml of salmon oil, cream palatant, robin red and six eggs have produced a lovely firm bait which a savoury, spicy aroma with a note of shellfish. They certainly smell good, they have a totally different smell to previous mixes I’ve made up, yet on the aminos base I’ve got so much faith in. I crumbled up a few baits into the garden pond and the carp went mad for it, so that’s a good start I suppose! The test will be tomorrow night when I slip out for a quick overnighter 

Is he still doing bait ,as i thought he had stopped doing bait from what my mate told me. 

Me and a few mates were on the supaminos for the last 12 years, well I was until I started the sea fishing. 

11 minutes ago, framey said:

Stopped rolling I thought 

still selling bits and mixes

I got an order for my mate off him  back in May and that was rolled although not by him. My mate will be gutted as he has no place/time to roll his own. I'll have to call Tony I guess and find out straight from the horses mouth as it were. 

2 minutes ago, framey said:

I haven’t bought a shimano reel since the XTB  came out 

most of them now feel “plasticky”

I've been looking at the XTB 10,000, the Daiwa Crosscasts are to big (I think) for my transporter. 

If you zoom in, you can see the rear body odlf the 45 crosscast pushes right back into the rear pocket, but the Vader X Spod reel is bang on, so something along that size I'm thinking.....XTB 10,000...Uktegra 5500 ??

Screenshot_20230811_091213_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cdbb0be72dbd06160ac716c9fce512fb.jpg

Edited by Highy

It’s crazy how they keep their prices…I use a set of 3 for years really abuse them on  horseshoe dragging lots of weed in. If you can have a play with them give them a spin check the spools got no nicks on them …talking of spools I should have a spool or two handy if you get the reels. 

9 minutes ago, B B said:

It’s crazy how they keep their prices…I use a set of 3 for years really abuse them on  horseshoe dragging lots of weed in. If you can have a play with them give them a spin check the spools got no nicks on them …talking of spools I should have a spool or two handy if you get the reels. 

3 minutes ago, B B said:

Got my set off the eBay about the same price as yours used them for around 5 years then sold to my mate who uses them regularly, I had no trouble with them 👍

He's just messaged, he didn't see where I was, he's in Surry 🙄🙄

1 minute ago, B B said:

The reels are going to be quite old mate so you’ll be taking a chance with them … can you sell your cross casts ?

I've beennofgered £110, but I paid £120 each beginning of year, then extra £12 per reel for ice washers, but I'm.looking for smaller reels and the Sonik Insurgents are on offer at A.D for £39.99 5000 & 6000.

9 hours ago, B B said:

I can recommend the okuma 6000 inc great line lay,  nice size spool,  good drag and around £60 got a 5year warranty. I use them with esp 10 rods 

I would look at those too, i have a shimano baitrunner and I don't like it, poor line lay and I really don't like the double handles, feels a bit like a toy to me.