New purchases

B B

I bought a thermocell backpacker in the end, the only time I got savaged was when I needed the bivvy light on, I'd taken my t shirt off and was trying to thread rig tubing after some carnage was also hot and sweaty, and they chose that time to get me. Although I don't feel that bitten so open fronted shelter + thermocell seems to work in normal Conditions I think, also the hooky pads off amazon seem to work better than the thermocell ones that came with it. 

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Open banks with no trees or rushes are often mozzie free, they don't seem to be a problem, any breeze blows them away or past. Add trees or rushes, and they have somewhere to hide.

The other thing is that disturbing the ground and you end up with mosquito or other insect bites.

You (usually) put your groundsheet on the ground stopping the little blighters getting to you, so as you packed up it's quite possibly you became fair game.

And possibly sweated a little more also

9 hours ago, InteraX said:

I bought one of those OMC Touch Me Up things. I can't be arsed with hook sharpening the normal way, but with that it makes it easy to hone the point if you need to.

I tried it on a used rig and it felt sharper after using it as instructed. Maybe it'll help.

Might be a good product, but OMC do some terrible product names 😬

A trip to local GO Outdoors to see what Stove and Kettle/Pan set wife can get me for my Birthday next week, walked out with....😬😬

Trakker 13ltr Bucket + Tray, 2kg Maniline Bag Mix, 1kg Manills Stik Mix, Manilla liquid Food, Pot of Sticky Pineapple (Bait spray too), Mulbz & Manilla all in 12mm, Few small (1oz) leads, Pva Bags (forgot the loader) Few bits of Terminal to top the Box up....

Will only be using 6ft Rods, so small intimate close in fishing will be done, Running Rigs on 4/5 inch hair rigs, all inside PVA Bags.

This will be my go to method for a while now, Rucksack will have Food Bits, Cutlery, and some oddities, Rod Bag with Landi g Net, Banksticks with Alarms down side, Chair and Beamie Matt, also got the shelter if needed.

Screenshot_20240903_105101_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8047e4755eb92b3fcc7aecf8ba066eea.jpg

The Landing net below has been put with the 6ft Jig Setup I've also got, and replaced with a Sonik 2pc Handle and Net.

Screenshot_20240515_115142_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9bb6d4df573c60ca889762882120945d.jpg

That now is ALL my Gear.

1 hour ago, Higham1987 said:

A trip to local GO Outdoors to see what Stove and Kettle/Pan set wife can get me for my Birthday next week, walked out with....😬😬

Trakker 13ltr Bucket + Tray, 2kg Maniline Bag Mix, 1kg Manills Stik Mix, Manilla liquid Food, Pot of Sticky Pineapple (Bait spray too), Mulbz & Manilla all in 12mm, Few small (1oz) leads, Pva Bags (forgot the loader) Few bits of Terminal to top the Box up....

Will only be using 6ft Rods, so small intimate close in fishing will be done, Running Rigs on 4/5 inch hair rigs, all inside PVA Bags.

This will be my go to method for a while now, Rucksack will have Food Bits, Cutlery, and some oddities, Rod Bag with Landi g Net, Banksticks with Alarms down side, Chair and Beamie Matt, also got the shelter if needed.

Screenshot_20240903_105101_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8047e4755eb92b3fcc7aecf8ba066eea.jpg

The Landing net below has been put with the 6ft Jig Setup I've also got, and replaced with a Sonik 2pc Handle and Net.

Screenshot_20240515_115142_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9bb6d4df573c60ca889762882120945d.jpg

That now is ALL my Gear.

Welcome back mate,I knew this day would come. 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Just sleep walking back at moment, need a licence also....

Just waiting on a few Family things then hopefully get a few Day/Evening sessions in.

Had alot (and I mean alot) going on in last 12/14 months, but things are starting to flatline out instead of up n down like the himalayans.

1 hour ago, Higham1987 said:

That now is ALL my Gear.

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Fishing gets in the blood

We're loving this bivvy (Aqua Ultralite) - good headroom for sitting inside, bigger than my brolley and quality.  We broke one of the side sticks so replaced the 4 wiv Prolite obvs 🤣

Taking it France for a week - already done a 5 nighter in there so not feeling like I need to go to my bigger one.

No complaints yet and bought in the bundle deal which seems great value IMO

Screenshot_20240906_162826_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a859be7469a02e683f39d10e30b1a3a1.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor

On 04/09/2024 at 12:41, jh92 said:

15kg of 20mm krill for next weeks session 👍

@Higham1987 I have the stove you've got on order, wicked bit of kit 👍 I use it with a little wind shield and it boils a kettle in a minute or two 👍

On 04/09/2024 at 12:47, Higham1987 said:

Belting, was thinking of a cheap windshield (off Shein) with wife's next order 🤣🤣

Funny you should mention that, as I ebayed myself a new Stove Windshield this week.

Then we have another 10kg of Rod Hutchinson The Nutty Bait in 18mm, yellow 16mm pop-ups and another tub of Monster Crab pop-ups in 15mm.

18 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Funny you should mention that, as I ebayed myself a new Stove Windshield this week.

Then we have another 10kg of Rod Hutchinson The Nutty Bait in 18mm, yellow 16mm pop-ups and another tub of Monster Crab pop-ups in 15mm.

I wouldn't be without my windshield now mate. Game changer 🤣 

So 3 x 5kg bags of sticky krill in 20mm arrived today, only paid £84 for it, happy days 🤣 spomb rod gonna get a thrashing next week 🤙🤣

2 hours ago, jh92 said:

I wouldn't be without my windshield now mate. Game changer

I put off getting one as I usually manage to position my bivvy so my stove is sheltered just outside the door. The past few trips though, it's been a bit gusty.

19 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I put off getting one as I usually manage to position my bivvy so my stove is sheltered just outside the door. The past few trips though, it's been a bit gusty.

I'm also mmm n highing about getting 1....

My uncle is on a local.pond tonight, caught 2nd biggest carp in lake after 20mins 🎣🎣🎣

10 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

20k of Odyssey XXX for my France trip at the end of the month and 2 Wolf Spods, wanted to be throwing sticking it out but my right arm is playing up again so the spods are backup.

You can get hooky x spods now, and unlike the hooky spombs they actually work nearly as well.i probably wouldn't run one over but they do cast well and open. I got one off ebay for about a tenner. 

15 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You can get hooky x spods now, and unlike the hooky spombs they actually work nearly as well.i probably wouldn't run one over but they do cast well and open. I got one off ebay for about a tenner. 

I've started struggling to get the spomb to open on every cast since changing to braid, and maybe the spombs are getting on a bit, I have to catch to spomb up high and follow it down otherwise it won't open, mono just stretches and carries on with the same trajectory.  With a bad arm I dont want to be doing double the effort so easy to open spod seems the better option.

Nice one for the suggestion 👍