New purchases

B B

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230616_210733.thumb.jpg.62580e9b78afd8bcd1a7a3c72c0ef556.jpg

Still a little untidy, but the rods are out, and there was quite a few carp round here today mooching about, I am hopeful they will get there heads down and have a munch tonight, time for a cuppa now. 

Looking goooood....How's was it putting up Shelter 👍👍🎣🎣

23 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20230616_213040.thumb.jpg.cba3598d3cd251dfda19747435d95bb1.jpg

Nice and simple kept moving it about to find the most shade as it was hot in this swim 

Just about to test my new Gardner G force stove on my new bivvy table 

I had to set up 2 swims down to the right under the trees on Wednesday, no shade where I had been prebaiting with Vitalin and KMG, and I was not going to let Sky overheat. Still in the same area, just the opposite end of the rushes, and out of the swan's fighting area...

I've decided to try some different line this year, KATRAN wild carp camo has just been ordered in 20.5lb  I've been looking at low stretch lines for a bit and when I read 10-12% stretch I was interested,I would use braid but it's banned 😢 this sounds pretty decent and  looks good, i have a spool of gt80+ if it sucks but it ticks all the boxes in theory. 

They do some other pretty out there lines too thag glow up and stuff. 

https://katran.eu/wild_carp_camo

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I had to set up 2 swims down to the right under the trees on Wednesday, no shade where I had been prebaiting with Vitalin and KMG, and I was not going to let Sky overheat. Still in the same area, just the opposite end of the rushes, and out of the swan's fighting area...

Yeah it's been too hot for dogs mine has been getting walked early or late or in the woods where its cooler, funnily enough the other swim I fancied was cool and had a breeze. I'm now realising the full extent of the Mozzie damage I need a tcp bath or something 😂, need a new Mozzie culling device I think. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah it's been too hot for dogs mine has been getting walked early or late or in the woods where its cooler, funnily enough the other swim I fancied was cool and had a breeze. I'm now realising the full extent of the Mozzie damage I need a tcp bath or something 😂, need a new Mozzie culling device I think. 

I was a Lifesystems 50 user for years, although it could give me a poxy headache, as well as removing plastics and logos off clothing.

I've switched over to ORIGINAL Avon Skin So Soft, and not had any problems with the buzzy things.

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I was a Lifesystems 50 user for years, although it could give me a poxy headache, as well as removing plastics and logos off clothing.

I've switched over to ORIGINAL Avon Skin So Soft, and not had any problems with the buzzy things.

When I was in Turkey other week, nearly 30 Mozzi bites and a few turned painful (needed medication) last night 4 horse fly bites.

I think the Skin so Soft attracts to me now.

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Picked up 2 nash BP 6 reels for £40 😀 gonna pair them up with my 9ft dwarf rods 👍

Also bought 5kg of sticky krill 👍

Iv owned a BP 6 and BP 4 for a couple of years and use them regularly for feeder , spinning and floater work. Had no problems with them line lay is ok and the drag is fine  👍

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

No matter what I use they seem to get me. I did use jungle formula this weekend but they still savaged my legs, tried the Avon before and that didn't seem to work that well for me either, but I know it does for lots of people. 

I went shopping for a new paddling pool this afternoon  and ended up in go outdoors, bought a fox exocet marker float kit, I decided I needed a marker float again for baiting up with the boat as it will be easier and quicker to chuck it out to my spots raise it and have a visual marker to aim at. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I think the Skin so Soft attracts to me now.

Avon changed the makeup of Skin So Soft, so if it does work for you, look for the original.

If Skin So Soft isn't the right stuff for you, and some places I know it isn't, then Lifesystems 50 or 25 is good, just be careful with it.

There is an alternative, Pyrethrin treated clothing. Might be worth a look, although I'm sure British MTP combats are already treated. Other clothing can be sprayed.

My choice, with the repellant is one of these:

https://ultimateangling.com/en/fishing-sleeping-bags/ultimate-night-fleece-cover

You need the original dry oil 

there is so many different skin so soft products but that is the correct one.

https://avon.uk.com/products/skin-so-soft-original-dry-oil-spray

i think as long as you make sure you slap what ever product you use on  all uncovered parts of the skin it should be ok and be effective 

any bits not covered the little buzzards will find it

19 hours ago, B B said:

Iv owned a BP 6 and BP 4 for a couple of years and use them regularly for feeder , spinning and floater work. Had no problems with them line lay is ok and the drag is fine  👍

I'm not happy, I've dropped a reel while cleaning it and it's broke something inside, reel won't even spin now 😭 ffs 🤣🤣

On a good note I just booked me and my dad onto a lake for 24 hours next weekend 😀

5 hours ago, jh92 said:

I'm not happy, I've dropped a reel while cleaning it and it's broke something inside, reel won't even spin now 😭 ffs 🤣🤣

On a good note I just booked me and my dad onto a lake for 24 hours next weekend 😀

Try taking the spool off and any washers etc and put them back together again sometbing may have got dislodged might be something simple hopefully. 

On 29/04/2023 at 12:55, elmoputney said:

Good aren't they. 

Get the bigger one 

On 29/04/2023 at 12:57, dalej2014 said:

I think the performance is the way to go bud. There's a carpography on YouTube where they compare and review all the spots and spombs out there.

Take away was, they all use them. Very happy with mine, and it floats.

On 29/04/2023 at 13:01, elmoputney said:

Yes they are pants. Get an x spod, opens every time 

Which Wolf Spod should I get ? Performance or Competition?

Wife is due some backpay Tuesday (2yrs worth), so she said I can have a treat (online Tackle order).