Jump to content

2023 social- who's up for it??

Recommended Posts

Any news on this guy's? Were exactly 12 weeks out which will disappear in no time.

I've already booked the Friday (22nd) off work so I can attend. Tbh it's getting a bit frustrating (and concerning) to keep chasing this.

A few posts back it was all supposed to be booked and confirmed by now I thought?

Rob @ fishery wanted everything paid up and booked in June?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, framey said:

Isn’t it a pain in the rectum trying to organise stuff like this 


56 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Yep, hoping he calls back soon tbh I want this monkey off my back now 

I gave up pre pandemic. 

If we haven't heard by the weekend, may I suggest we find an alternative??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, commonly said:


I gave up pre pandemic. 

If we haven't heard by the weekend, may I suggest we find an alternative??

It's sounding more and more like a good idea to have a plan b.

Only issue I can see is where can you book  at such short notice? Plus cancelling original venue (although that hasn't been officially confirmed yet, not for lack of trying) and re-arranging, communicating to all interested, many of whom may not have seen the forum is back up etc.

Not easy...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the issue is, if he doesn't respond at all, where does that leave us? Need to get something confirmed as only, what, 9 weeks out now?

I've booked a day off work so I can drive to the social, wherever it is, so be reassuring to have venue confirmed soon.

I realise you're trying your best @elmoputney, so not picking fault or blame.

I thought anyone running a lake as a business would be keen to confirm bookings and get paid deposits and stuff. Seems a funny way to run a business, being so casual?

Have you tried phoning the venue at all, or just email? I've found at work the phones a lot better for anything urgent.

How long do we wait for him to confirm, or organise another venue? Give it a week? Two? There were less than 8 of us, so the place near M25 ?

What's everyone's thoughts guys?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just tried to contact Ashmire via their contact form on the website. Hopefully this gets a reply. I've left my email and phone number. My hope is a second person contacting regarding the social will prod a response. Fingers crossed.

Otherwise are we looking at a plan B?

Have to say, if that's the case I'd prefer the M25 venue, (where is that exactly @InteraX?) as it's nearer to me, but can do Horseshoe, although it's nearly four hours drive away.

I've looked at videos of the (Horseshoe) lake and it's a monster at 62 acres, and quite weedy apparently? Personally I'd like somewhere with a better chance of a fish; then again that could just be because I'm not used to fishing in big weedy lakes!?

Sill, Ashmire may come through yet, but it'd be good to have somewhere booked, paid and confirmed as we're so close now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...