2023 social- who's up for it??

Scratch that I have had a reply 😊

Hi Elmo,

Sorry for the slow reply I have been laid up with Covid.
All good for September booking thanks very much, it is £25 per person per night. I will do the Sunday night as an exclusive still anyway.
We normally ask for payment in full 3 months before the booking please, so I will contact you in June to arrange payment.
Any questions in the meantime please send me a message or check the website for full lake rules, boat use etc

Many thanks
Rob🎣

Hi Elmo,

All good for September booking thanks very much, it is £25 per person per night. I will do the Sunday night as an exclusive still anyway.
We normally ask for payment in full 3 months before the booking please, so I will contact you in June to arrange payment.
Any questions in the meantime please send me a message or check the website for full lake rules, boat use 

On 31/03/2023 at 19:25, elmoputney said:

Scratch that I have had a reply 😊

Hi Elmo,

Any questions in the meantime please send me a message or check the website for full lake rules, boat use etc

Many thanks
Rob🎣

Hi Elmo,

Any questions in the meantime please send me a message or check the website for full lake rules, boat use 

Glad you're OK and had a good break, @elmoputney

Would it be worth asking if we can pay the fishery directly? Into the pot as it were?  Carp.com bash

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Yes I think that can happen I will arrange it so it can be done that way and we can hopefully add a code word to let them know it's us 

Since we've got the lake exclusive can't we just say it's a booking for the carp.com social, and the dares? Seems the easiest way forward to me.

13 hours ago, commonly said:

I'll make payment straight away @elmoputney

There's talk of the island and boat, yet nothing on the website???

Any info appreciated buddy

There's definitely an island; it's on the prices/booking page. The home page of the website shows an island too. https://www.ashmire.co.uk/book-a-swim#/search

53 minutes ago, commonly said:

Personally, no thanks mate. Its very hard to capture my good side😉

Its not a modelling shoot don't worry 😂

Its someone I know  who's very good at fishing photography who lives quite locally, this is the blurb. 

Improve your carp catch photography skills with a 1-2-1 tutorial!

Sessions tailored to your needs, and can include topics such as photography basics (for example, composition, getting sharp photos, controlling exposure, depth of field), shooting in different light/ at night, mastering self-takes and using Adobe Lightroom to create stunning photos.

2 hours ago, dalej2014 said:

I'm OK for that personally, but thank you. Glad to see the site is back up and runnng. Was getting certificate errors for a couple of days, and worrying about missing our social!

Same @dalej2014. Must of been hacked, or whatever it's called nowadays. 

@elmoputneyany news on paying for this pal? At least if we're paid up, we know it's a done deal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 18:02, commonly said:

don't think I will have a car by then, it sounds like it's onnits last legs 

just too many things wrong with 

So tired of always feeling ripped off on everything we buy

On 17/03/2023 at 17:59, Highy said:

Current car - Peugeot 208 (clutch, fropped gear linkage, oil filter, oil sump, oil seal, exhaust, all bulbs)....spent the most on this car to fix 😭😭

Welllll.....The Day has come.....RAC has just towed me home....

Any 1 if not a few of these below

Alternator Belt....Turbo is declining...Air/Fuel Leak / Supply System....vacuum leak from one of the small hoses around the engine's air intake....Compressor Pressure....Cooling system, a leaking exhaust system, a faulty hose...

Scrap Yard here it comes.....

• 1 month later...
On 15/06/2023 at 16:13, elmoputney said:

I will drop him an email as he hasn't sent me anything yet will let you know once I hear anything. 

Hi Elmo,

almost another week gone by and no news? Do you have a mobile number for him? I'm happy to ring tomorrow and confirm what's going on. Unless he has emialed yu back already? It's drawing fairly near now and I thought we were supposed to have paid deposits and so on by end of July? LMK bud. CHeers.

On 21/06/2023 at 20:51, dalej2014 said:

Hi Elmo,

almost another week gone by and no news? Do you have a mobile number for him? I'm happy to ring tomorrow and confirm what's going on. Unless he has emialed yu back already? It's drawing fairly near now and I thought we were supposed to have paid deposits and so on by end of July? LMK bud. CHeers.

Just emailed him again, I just looked and have his number so if I don't get a reply I will give him a call over the weekend