Looking for advice

Jordz611

So I’ve been fishing the canal now quite regular since February with day sessions and night and 24 hour sessions but still nothing but they’re being pulled out as I promise it feels like everyone on the bank has had one but me me 😂😂😭😭 i don’t think I’ve been doing anything wrong I’ve tryed hinge rig , krank rig , and hair rig  with either Pva mesh or solid Pva bags and not even the nibble I  tend to re cast like every 3-5 hours depending how it landed the cast prior to recasting   The baits I tend to use are the krill and manilla  range boilies , Dumbbells and pop ups  and wafters I do bait up with a mix of pellets bread  maggots and powder and oils but still nothing  any advice on what I can do to score the fish 😂

20 minutes ago, JordanNW said:

hinge rig , krank rig , and hair rig, Pva mesh, solid Pva bags, the krill, manilla  range boilies , Dumbbells and pop ups  and wafters, pellets bread  maggots and powder and oils 

None of this stuff matters if you're not on fish. Have you been on them?

In my experience carp are not too hard to catch once you've found them. The tricky bit is finding them, especially on a canal.

If I was you I'd not even be unzipping the rod bag until I'd seen carp.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

In my experience carp are not too hard to catch once you've found them. The tricky bit is finding them, especially on a canal.

Exactly this⬆️

If you can't find them though then maybe start baiting up a spot regularly and hope they come to you. That will take time , effort and of course a few quid for bait but the rewards might just be worth it In the long run. 

2 hours ago, JordanNW said:

So I’ve been fishing the canal now quite regular since February with day sessions and night and 24 hour sessions but still nothing but they’re being pulled out as I promise it feels like everyone on the bank has had one but me me 😂😂😭😭 i don’t think I’ve been doing anything wrong I’ve tryed hinge rig , krank rig , and hair rig  with either Pva mesh or solid Pva bags and not even the nibble I  tend to re cast like every 3-5 hours depending how it landed the cast prior to recasting   The baits I tend to use are the krill and manilla  range boilies , Dumbbells and pop ups  and wafters I do bait up with a mix of pellets bread  maggots and powder and oils but still nothing  any advice on what I can do to score the fish 😂

1 hour ago, yonny said:

17 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Exactly this⬆️

If you can't find them though then maybe start baiting up a spot regularly and hope they come to you. That will take time , effort and of course a few quid for bait but the rewards might just be worth it In the long run. 

Location is key!

Find the fish first. As @emmcee says if you can't find them try to get them to come to you. Baitwise for that keep it simple and cheap, crumb, groundbait, particles maybe Vitalin and a few boilies.

Don't keep chopping and changing rigs, the chances are they are not at fault, it is simply the location. I get your point on regular recasting, but it could be that that is keeping them away. Leave one rod in place, all day, but maybe recast and rove with the other.

Your bait will work, your boilies sound good, but in my view, just take one boilie out of the bag, any one, and put it on the hook. Don't change it on your recast, leave it, stick with what you are doing. That means stick with the pop-up or the wafter, even bottom bait.

Years ago I fished a 2mile section of river between 2 weirs. The carp would move along the section, quite visible, but had places where they preferred to feed. It took 3 months of baiting with just pellets, boilies and sweetcorn to find these spots and to get them used to my boilies. 

Strangely, sweetcorn was a 'blown' bait, the carp would leave it alone for at least 2 days, although tench and eels would pick it up in certain spots.

Quite possibly simply because most people fishing the area used sweetcorn and the carp realised it would result in a hook in the lip, even if they managed to escape. (Not everyone was fishing with gear suitable for carp).

The result was a few carp to 28lb.