Fish kissing

elmoputney

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I think it's weird 

Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

I keep seeing vloggers doing it and I really don't get it 😳

Personally think it's disgusting and very dangerous in my opinion, you've got rats and God nose what else swimming around, it can't be good for your health, can it? 🤨

Just now, finchey said:

Personally think it's disgusting and very dangerous in my opinion, you've got rats and God nose what else swimming around, it can't be good for your health, can it? 🤨

Yeah but take that out of it and it's still weird I think  😁

I also think the pb bucket is a bad idea, I am quite glad I fish on my own mainly, I wont tip one over my own head next time I get a new pb 😁

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah but take that out of it and it's still weird I think  😁

I also think the pb bucket is a bad idea, I am quite glad I fish on my own mainly, I wont tip one over my own head next time I get a new pb 😁

Yes it is weird but if we all told the truth I'll bet we've all kissed a few fishes in our time.🤣🤣🤣

I think i've only done it once, like the quickest of pecks on the top of the head. But it was a fish I cherised and was in a moment of pure elation. 

Tbh, its not like they are sticking their tongues down their throats is it, and in most pictures you cant actually see them properly kissing it, I bet the is a few mm of gap you dont see. 

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

I think it’s meant to be carpy to kiss fish. 

but being carpy is sitting on the floor in your bivvy next to a perfectly good bedchair and sleeping bag. 

I don't get either of those things tbh 😁

I think I am becoming one of those people that thinks everything was better in the good old days 😁

31 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Each to their own 😘😘😘

31 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

Every time I see it done it makes my toes curl! Even worse is when someone from Korda (you know who) says" Goodbye my Love" after kissing it!

I doubt the feeling is mutual tbh, I think if I was a carp I would feel a bit violated especially after all that get in that net domination talk beforehand  😁

• 3 weeks later...
On 18 November 2019 at 13:39, elmoputney said:

I think it's weird 

Anyone else have thoughts on this? 

I keep seeing vloggers doing it and I really don't get it, it just seems disgusting 😳

I have kissed a few fish over the years, Usually blank savers.

I can remember a week at Taverham Mills where for some reason I wasn't catching on the static rods, while Bruce in the next swim round had at least one fish every day, between 10-18lb. We were freshening the spots every day, yet for some reason they were ignoring mine, and going straight round into his area.

I had had a few smaller fish during the week stalked during the day, or on floaters, but absolutely nothing on the 'overnight' rods.

On the day we were due to pack up the weather totally changed, from dry and bright to typical wet and rainy Bank Holiday weather, I was wet, the bivvie was now wet so I was in a 'couldn't care less' mood, I'd had enough, just wanted to get away, just because I hadn't caught on my bottom bait rods.

About 2hours before we were due to pack up I decided on a 'last' recast, and within 30minutes I had a 15lb leather, 14lb mirror and another.

The 15 did get kissed as a 'blank' saver from the bottom bait rods.

I also have pucs of a 30 that forced me to kiss it. I was at Nazeing and hooked a fish from the right hand margins, about 2metres away from the rod tip. I played it away and netted it very quickly, so it can't have been totally tired out. On the bank it became a wrestling match to get pictures, as it tensed to flip, I pulled it towards me so I could 'drop' down onto the unhooking mat. The guy taking pics managed to get one as I was mouth to dorsal.

😱😆

Freudian slip typo left in place😉

image.jpeg

image.jpeg