September catches.

finchey

On 12/09/2019 at 07:57, emmcee said:

Had the chance to get an over nighter in so as it was one of my baiting up nights I thought I'd see how the pre baiting was coming along. The lakes been fishing slow of late so didn't have great expectations but I found a few fish showing in an area so that's good enough for me. Just after first light and one of the rods ripped off and I landed this 21lb 10oz mirror. I'll take that as it's my first trip back since june. 

20190912_072423.jpg

Lovely looking Carp, Emmcee .

😀

3 hours ago, yonny said:

Couple of twenties from a morning session on a tricky little reservoir last week. 20.08 and 24.08.

Not an easy water so I'm happy with these stockies. Now where are those big old originals?

20190913_084823[1].jpg

20190913_084920[1].jpg

So that slightly pained ,  frowning look is because you are thinking " where are those big old originals ? " , and not because you are a miserable [censored] ? .

😁

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Couple of twenties from a morning session on a tricky little reservoir last week. 20.08 and 24.08.

Not an easy water so I'm happy with these stockies. Now where are those big old originals?

20190913_084823[1].jpg

20190913_084920[1].jpg

I would be happy with any of those...specially a 20...love nor money cant get passed 17lb 😰😰😰

Edited by Highy

8 minutes ago, crusian said:

I wonder , Highy , the waters you fish do they have lots of 20's in them ? .

😀

Yep...even 30's...

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Keep plugging away Highy It will come,

Do you ever fish a single bait off a baited area that can work wonders selecting the larger members of the group 

Yep...bait a spot and some times even fish a completely different colour to be inquisitive...

20 minutes ago, Highy said:

Yep...even 30's...

Yep...bait a spot and some times even fish a completely different colour to be inquisitive...

Oh well , I guess you're just a hopeless case then , Highy 😁.

I've had a few , literally , 20's , and for me the most exciting / successful method was to stalk them off the top so I physically only presented my bait to the biggest fish I saw - even then a sneaky much smaller Carp can zoom in out of nowhere and snaffle up my bait .

I hope the search for the elusive 20 isn't spoiling your angling enjoyment , Nick has touched on the subject of targets before , and I think he said something like go with the flow and enjoy the journey .

😃

1 minute ago, crusian said:

Oh well , I guess you're just a hopeless case then , Highy 😁.

I've had a few , literally , 20's , and for me the most exciting / successful method was to stalk them off the top so I physically only presented my bait to the biggest fish I saw - even then a sneaky much smaller Carp can zoom in out of nowhere and snaffle up my bait .

I hope the search for the elusive 20 isn't spoiling your angling enjoyment , Nick has touched on the subject of targets before , and I think he said something like go with the flow and enjoy the journey .

😃

I enjoy it everytime...it will happen eventually 🤞...i know i lost a GOOD easy 20lb a feww weeks ago...but thats fishing...my targets are a 20lb and a (Decent) Mirror Carp out of my local lake (only a handful in) maybe even the "Named sturgeon" out a lake i go...

Mate had it last week.

20190915_141140.thumb.jpg.52b80795536461161207f9f2bcc76358.jpg