Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

51 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Can't believe I've just watched us win a penalty shoot out..... C'mon Engeeerrrland…….. Now we lose 1-0 to the Swedes in the quarters lol

What a great performance. 

I know the football wasn't the best but the mental strength is there.

We could of folded.

We didn't.

Well done boys 

On 03/07/2018 at 10:18, yonny said:

If we get through tonight I'm expecting us to get to the semis, possibly even the final.

I do think tonight will be very, very difficult though.

And so it proved to be mate .... I just knew we would concede when he made the changes & sat deeper . Columbia were disgusting all game & the ref was weak . But we got through what could possibly be the toughest game until the final ? Dare we dream lol 

Edited by chillfactor

3 hours ago, chillfactor said:

And so it proved to be mate .... I just knew we would concede when he made the changes & sat deeper . Columbia were disgusting all game & the ref was weak . But we got through what could possibly be the toughest game until the final ? Dare we dream lol 

I think Croatia or Russia will be a very difficult semi final if we get past Sweden. 

Not to take away from the England lads but whatever tactics Columbia tried in the first 75mins were ludicrous. If they’d played like they did for the last 15mins of normal time and first 15 of extra time then they could have had the game done and dusted. Very strange management. 

On 30/06/2018 at 14:29, Highy said:

Screenshot_20180630-142610.thumb.jpg.1e631954323df606e89d7113edd2127f.jpg

Hi guys...just a quick 1...these are the exact swingers i use..but being a tackle t**t...i want to try and spray paint the silver to black..

Thoughts please

You do have other options if you want to tart them up, carbon effect hydro dipping looks nice, if you have someone local that will do small jobs, or you could do it yourself, it is very similar to the old decal transfers you get in airfix model planes and that,  My brother-inlaw is currently playing about with  a BMW that he is slowly turning into a track/road car, he puts it on wheels and body panels, so it must be quite hard wearing, i have thought about getting my fiesta wheels done, but i doubt i would get a discount, lol.

Chrome is a sod to paint, but it can be sanded back to take a paint, some paints are said to be able to cover chrome, but they don't look right and the chrome still shows through even in black

36673031_1850681241659358_2258666590218223616_n.jpg

Edited by Carpbell_ll

22 hours ago, chillfactor said:

How's everyone's lakes coping with this prolonged hot & dry period ? 

Massive algae blooms and sporadic spawning. I'm avoiding it at the mo and certainly feeling the withdrawal symptoms.

On 08/07/2018 at 08:51, snowmanstevo said:

I genuinely fancy our chances against Croatia 

Based on Saturday nights game I would agree mate.

ICH!

6 minutes ago, bigtrev said:

one of the lakes near me got hit with Golden Algae because all the conditions were right for it.  Lost all 760 of his fish.

I can imagine there's plenty of people worried about the impact of any potential heavy storms in the near future.

3 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Debating doing an overnighter between work tomorrow night.

Only thing putting putting me off is I cracked a couple of ribs go karting last weekend and don't think a night in my bedchair is gonna do me any favours. 

If it makes ya feel any better mate I did a night last night with three broken ribs and it’s the best nights sleep I’ve had since I did it maybe give ya bed a try and see how it feels 

5 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

If it makes ya feel any better mate I did a night last night with three broken ribs and it’s the best nights sleep I’ve had since I did it maybe give ya bed a try and see how it feels 

It just means traveling heavier .

My usual quick set up is just a brolly and a lightweight bedchair which isn't very comfy. 

But my memory foam one doesn't fit in the brolly so I'd have to take my bigger bivvy and the chair itself weighs over 15kg.

How did you do your ribs mate?.

I thought the pain was finally easing up bit earlier and then I sneezed lol.

5 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

It just means traveling heavier .

My usual quick set up is just a brolly and a lightweight bedchair which isn't very comfy. 

But my memory foam one doesn't fit in the brolly so I'd have to take my bigger bivvy and the chair itself weighs over 15kg.

How did you do your ribs mate?.

I thought the pain was finally easing up bit earlier and then I sneezed lol.

Yeah sneezing, coughing , getting “done over” by my three year old and played their part in making mine worse.... as for how 🤣😂🤣😂

i took some stuff to the dump and the skip was nigh on full so thinking I was clever lent my rather large frame over the side to put the rubbish further across (so it didn’t spill out) and  there was an almighty crunch followed by a few expletives and a very painful drive home...that was three weeks ago....I’ve carried on working since it happened which hasn’t done me any favours (I’m in air con/ventilation and extract - read “blooming heavy equipment”)  but bills to pay and all that. 

On a major plus I’m feeling a lot better than I have been and managed an overnighter so happy days.

hope you feel a bit better soon mate 😁

21 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

Yeah sneezing, coughing , getting “done over” by my three year old and played their part in making mine worse.... as for how 🤣😂🤣😂

i took some stuff to the dump and the skip was nigh on full so thinking I was clever lent my rather large frame over the side to put the rubbish further across (so it didn’t spill out) and  there was an almighty crunch followed by a few expletives and a very painful drive home...that was three weeks ago....I’ve carried on working since it happened which hasn’t done me any favours (I’m in air con/ventilation and extract - read “blooming heavy equipment”)  but bills to pay and all that. 

On a major plus I’m feeling a lot better than I have been and managed an overnighter so happy days.

hope you feel a bit better soon mate 😁

Yep same boat mate.

I install furniture for a living so know how you feel.

Just gonna go for it then.

At worst I'll be slipping a few tramodol down my neck.😴