Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

Anyone watch the FishOmania...just watching now and i remeber my match days.....BUT the size of fish going in the keepnets was ridicoulus...what we used to do is get hold of any if the weighers around...weigh the fish then put it back..anything above 10lb was released back...

Thoughts please...

20 minutes ago, Highy said:

Anyone watch the FishOmania...just watching now and i remeber my match days.....BUT the size of fish going in the keepnets was ridicoulus...what we used to do is get hold of any if the weighers around...weigh the fish then put it back..anything above 10lb was released back...

Thoughts please...

It certainly doesn't look good for us if the general public are looking in and something needs to be said/done about it. As you've said any decent sized fish should be weighed instantly and returned. I think the biggest fish i ever put in a keepnet was a 5lb tench and that was donkeys years ago, I dislike the sacking of  carp and only do it to get camera ready/ wait for someone to do my pics but then it's only for minimal time.  The only peace  of mind I get is, i know that I and most other carp anglers do their best to treat the carp with a lot more respect than the match boys. The majority of us carry spray's / ointments etc to put on hook holds/ cuts etc and those that don't shouldn't be allowed onto a lake in my opinion and if they are the fishery / bailiffs need to look at themselves.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Haven't hardly had a cloud in the sky for weeks now.

The night I wanna watch the lunar eclipse with my little girl it's total cloud cover .

Typical that, probably be clear again in the morning...……. At least we had a couple of hours of much needed rain tonight and a bit of cool breeze. Not much chance of seeing the moon atm tho'.

17 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Typical that, probably be clear again in the morning...……. At least we had a couple of hours of much needed rain tonight and a bit of cool breeze. Not much chance of seeing the moon atm tho'.

10 minutes of rain and still sweating my cods off here mate.

I love the summer but this week has drained me.

Never thought I'd hope for cool weather.

24 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

10 minutes of rain and still sweating my cods off here mate.

I love the summer but this week has drained me.

Never thought I'd hope for cool weather.

You're not alone mate.... I've stayed in the house most evenings this week, simply because I can walk around in my pants without offending anyone...….🙂……. Put a clean T-shirt on and it's soaked through in no time...… Here's one my stepdad told me, stick a couple of fresh T-shirts in the freezer for a bit..... Nice little end of day treat lol.

6 minutes ago, B.C. said:

You're not alone mate.... I've stayed in the house most evenings this week, simply because I can walk around in my pants without offending anyone...….🙂……. Put a clean T-shirt on and it's soaked through in no time...… Here's one my stepdad told me, stick a couple of fresh T-shirts in the freezer for a bit..... Nice little end of day treat lol.

Have to.remember that one.

At 2am yesterday morning I was in the garden in a wet towel after a cold shower and I was still sweating lol.

Think I might move to a cooler country like Spain or something. 

17 hours ago, Highy said:

IMG-20180727-WA0014.thumb.jpg.fd8497d916bf7ee06d9f1f28b98425ee.jpg

IMG-20180727-WA0011.thumb.jpg.010b77ae31353355fd8638da69be198c.jpg

I tend too go for a paddle...retrieving snapped line still attached to lead clip...not mine...1 of the other anglers threw to side of tree with a wayward cast and he didnt know what to do about it so i asked the owner and he brought his boat.

I think i got that Sinkin Feeling..sorry

Nice of you to be doing something like that, not everyone can be bothered to retrieve snapped off tackle. But I have to agree with Cloud9 about the life jacket. Safety first bud, regardless of what others do. The owner should be telling them the same...…. It could be game over in a matter of seconds.

A friend joined the "Cycle to work Scheme" so bought his self a SPANKING new carbon framed road race bike £1.5k...he had his old 1 he says as going spare...i yanked his hand off for it £0.00...had a good go after work and its been years since i have really been on a bike...think ive found another hobby now...nice few cycles around soon me thinks...🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️ Carrera Virtuoso with all shimano spec breaks n gears.Screenshot_20180803-195755.thumb.jpg.25306cd7b6319cb4101b88820bb9f685.jpg

28 minutes ago, Highy said:

A friend joined the "Cycle to work Scheme" so bought his self a SPANKING new carbon framed road race bike £1.5k...he had his old 1 he says as going spare...i yanked his hand off for it £0.00...had a good go after work and its been years since i have really been on a bike...think ive found another hobby now...nice few cycles around soon me thinks...🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️ Carrera Virtuoso with all shimano spec breaks n gears.Screenshot_20180803-195755.thumb.jpg.25306cd7b6319cb4101b88820bb9f685.jpg

Very nice and an absolute bargain to boot!

i have a trek alpha 1.5  that I occasionally get my chunky but out on 🤣😂