Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

13 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Going to be really interesting to see just how good or bad we are (team selection dependant) tomorrow night. Dare we dream 🤔🤔🤔

No chance 🙄🙄😬

I think we have done well so far.

Having watched england stink the place out for the last 4 or 5 tournaments.

I like the fact they actually look they are enjoying it and the players all seem match fit for a change.

I doubt we will the world cup but hopefully minimum quarters.

52 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I think we have done well so far.

Having watched england stink the place out for the last 4 or 5 tournaments.

I like the fact they actually look they are enjoying it and the players all seem match fit for a change.

I doubt we will the world cup but hopefully minimum quarters.

We’ve played nobody yet so I’m still on the fence but you can only beat what’s in front of you and we’ve done that impressively...... I’d luv us to get near the semis ...... Italia 90 was amazing 😎

8 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

We’ve played nobody yet so I’m still on the fence but you can only beat what’s in front of you and we’ve done that impressively......  😎

Too right. Beating panama 6-1 was a poor result IMO. Even Rio Ferdinand said that the Panama team would struggle in English non-league! 

Belgium seemingly won’t have a full squad out so the real test for England will be in the next round. Playing for survival. 

Could be the year though, I’ve got Croatia, Portugal or England as winners with the bookies. 

As most of the older members know being a LFC fan I’m never going to be England’s biggest fan but I genuinely what us a do well in all the tournaments we play in. Italia 90 and Euro 96 gave the whole country a massive lift I remember it well everywhere was buzzing all the flags and songs ..... great times .........

its just just the expectation that kills you ! 

🙄🙄😬😬😩😩😆😆

2 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

As most of the older members know being a LFC fan I’m never going to be England’s biggest fan but I genuinely what us a do well in all the tournaments we play in. Italia 90 and Euro 96 gave the whole country a massive lift I remember it well everywhere was buzzing all the flags and songs ..... great times .........

its just just the expectation that kills you ! 

🙄🙄😬😬😩😩😆😆

That's the problem.

Our media convinces people that we have the best league and the best players which is false.

And people think we are better than we actually are.

But we seem to be hitting a bit of form at the right time for a change so you never know.

2 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I always believe mate.

I just get let down a lot.

Your a ammers fan you should be use to it 😛😛

He’s made a lot of changes,thought he would contrary what has been said. Made up TAA has got as start. Personally I’m made up he’s resting a few.although Harry Kane won’t agree with me ! 

43 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Your a ammers fan you should be use to it 😛😛

He’s made a lot of changes,thought he would contrary what has been said. Made up TAA has got as start. Personally I’m made up he’s resting a few.although Harry Kane won’t agree with me ! 

To be honest I'm more passionate about england than west ham. 

The one thing I like about Southgate is that he has actually got a certain way he wants the team to play.

And you can see game by game how the players are taking this on.

The last manager to it was probably Glenn hoddle. 

33 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Isn't it great to be watching england with no pressure on the game.

Normally we need to win the final group game and I'm a nervous wreck.

I think it’s one of the few England sides that have carried there club form into international level if that makes sense 🤔

Gareth Southgate stock has gone up 10fold..... I’ve been really impressed with him he’s handled the build up and games perfectly 😎

Just now, snowmanstevo said:

I think it’s one of the few England sides that have carried there club form into international level if that makes sense 🤔

Gareth Southgate stock has gone up 10fold..... I’ve been really impressed with him he’s handled the build up and games perfectly 😎

Couldn't agree more.

I think the fact he has worked at international youth level is a benefit.

I like the way he has the team confident enough on the ball that they don't just play a wasteful pass when nothing is on, they do back and start again.

It's a very young team so it bodes well for the future.

I quite like the England set up atm.. The youth and U21's/23's are flying..... Our first team has no fancy Dans, even Harry Kane, who is arguably our best player, seems quite level headed.... There's a good team ethic and everyone knows their job...…. The odd piece of the jigsaw imo is Sterling, but Southgate obviously thinks he brings something to the team...…. I'm not going to get carried away, but I think we can do quite well. Not based on our own performances, but those of other teams in the tournament, who, so far, all look beatable...… Just watched our second string lose to Belgium, not our best performance, but with so many changes we looked a bit disjointed at times...…..  I, too can remember '90 and 96'.... Good times 🙂 

Edited by B.C.

On 27/06/2018 at 17:00, muftyboy said:

Bye bye germany

I was working in the US last week and was sitting next to a German fella in a meeting when their match was on. I was digging him with my elbow and showing him the scores on my phone under the table. He must have loved me🤣🤣🤣

38 minutes ago, yonny said:

If we get through tonight I'm expecting us to get to the semis, possibly even the final.

I do think tonight will be very, very difficult though.

Too true. But then Sweden are always difficult for England too...no Ibra but still could cause problems! That's if they beat Switzerland!