Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

4 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

Working wk ends should be banned !!!!

Good for the bank balance...... bad for the soul 😩😩🎣🎣

I've got to agree with you there mate I work every Saturday night😞 apart from the odd one usually only miss if I'm away on my hols or for odd dirty weekend. 😂

Woke up at 6am this morning contemplating a last minute dash....yeeeeeh...lets go...so packed just enough for a few hours fishing at local lake...3Sisters race park with a lake at the side but only has 10 pegs u can fish...arrived about 7am and every peg had a pod with 3 rods each...not happy...(reason being that full is it is a bit of a bird reserve now but FREE fishing) so had to think fast of were to go as tune was ticking....My usual mere lane fishery in Burscough.(45min away) 8am turn up...had a few on already but turning up same as me...mad dash with chair..rod bag..bait n terminal bag..just fished singles down margains...4hrs fishing caught 2 around 5lb mark each...lost about 6 though...fone read 28oC at one point..

Reason i think i lost more is to hook sharpness...left rig wallet at home and didnt fancy tying on bank..lazy..

Is there an every day Diamond tool to sharpen hooks ???

2 hours ago, Highy said:

There's a few out there buddy, Gardner do a little thing called a hook doctor I think, but if you search hook sharpener on the bay, I'm sure a few will show up...….

Ever feel like you need a "fresh page" to start on???...…. Well tomorrow is just that for me...…. Had a right dodgy few weeks, no matter what I've tried to do lately, something has popped up and kicked me in the nads……. Only mentioning it as I'm out the other side of it now, touch wood...…… Done a few bob on the van which passed the MOT last month, but a few advisories escalated into a couple of expensive jobs once the mechanic got under the bonnet.... New ignition barrel, new exhaust section, new starter motor, new tracking rods and rod ends plus tracking done..... Great, I thought as I whizzed over the lake last night for a walk( the van was off road for a couple of days and it felt like weeks)…. Everything working and feeling all good and driving and starting well...….. So, gets up this morning to attend a work party, guess what?... Flat trye….. I just laughed, it was that or pull my hair out.... So, roll on Monday..... Fresh start, new week and all that...🙂….

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Go on eBay save yourself a whole load of carp tax and normal money by doing so.

Taska :- 222847067598

unbranded :- 263837929118  (I have this one, and as you will see they are nigh on identical) 

• 2 weeks later...

Well my annual sea trip went as usual, nadda. i only do a bit on the evening tide, the only fish that were coming out were mackerel to lures. so i think i will get some bait today and see about a bit on the lakes for the end of next week.  got some new soft shell gear i picked up from the surplus store in whitby to try out. Chinese version of the snugpack range. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Turkey for 2weeks from today...heat is unbearable 36oC every day...but glad away from work till 10th September...come back on the 6th though ao maybe 1 or 2 day sesh planned..

just come back from there buddy, watch out for the touts, they rip you off.

where about you off to?

Im gonna be doing a little bit on a lake over the next couple of months that probably hasn't seen an angler for 4 years or so.

It's in the middle of a new housing estate and is technically no fishing allowed.

I've found a few spots where I'm hidden away  and have seen around 10 carp so far , all around the 20lb Mark.

Rumours of 40lb plus carp and some massive tench.

Gonna be an adventure.

haha!! no problems, me and my buddy used to do it in a canadian.

in a kayak with a skirt on your basically sitting in a big air bubble that will float no matter what you do, the only two exceptions are holing it on a sharp rock or if you are thrown out during a big drop, a canadian is an open canoe and ships water easily, less stable so more prone to capsize but way more buzz :lol:

1 hour ago, cyborx said:

haha!! no problems, me and my buddy used to do it in a canadian.

in a kayak with a skirt on your basically sitting in a big air bubble that will float no matter what you do, the only two exceptions are holing it on a sharp rock or if you are thrown out during a big drop, a canadian is an open canoe and ships water easily, less stable so more prone to capsize but way more buzz :lol:

Used to have a ranger 14 but never ventured into whitewater, love canoeing though so peacefull

1 hour ago, spr1985 said:

Used to have a ranger 14 but never ventured into whitewater, love canoeing though so peacefull

started by accident while ghosting thru Builth on the river Wye and just downstream of the town we hit a short set of rapids, end of day we were in the camper looking at maps for fast water.

we ended up in Scotland up in the Grampians, have a look at the Grandtully rapids on the Tay or the Linn of Tummel on the river Tummel, guaranteed they more scary than that kiddies playground in the vid above :lol::lol:

8 hours ago, cyborx said:

started by accident while ghosting thru Builth on the river Wye and just downstream of the town we hit a short set of rapids, end of day we were in the camper looking at maps for fast water.

we ended up in Scotland up in the Grampians, have a look at the Grandtully rapids on the Tay or the Linn of Tummel on the river Tummel, guaranteed they more scary than that kiddies playground in the vid above :lol::lol:

Honestly, more showing off the water than the idea of kayaking or canoeing it. There are far more wild and dangerous waters out there(including in this state), but there has been a few killed on this river. It's called the Tellico river, a very well-known mountain trout stream not that far from where I live, as the crow flys. Been there myself several times, beautiful. Thing is, the water in the video is high from heavy rain. Largely not anywhere as fast or rough under normal conditions.

On 26/08/2018 at 19:20, muftyboy said:

Im gonna be doing a little bit on a lake over the next couple of months that probably hasn't seen an angler for 4 years or so.

It's in the middle of a new housing estate and is technically no fishing allowed.

I've found a few spots where I'm hidden away  and have seen around 10 carp so far , all around the 20lb Mark.

Rumours of 40lb plus carp and some massive tench.

Gonna be an adventure.

Well Jel!

56 minutes ago, yonny said:

Well Jel!

Been doing a bit more research.

Apparently quite a few of the bigger fished were moved to pastures new.

But there are definitely some lumps still in there.

Went there this morning before work and had a small one feeding on bread in the lillies. 

A few were crashing too and one made that sound that only a big carp can.

Hopefully start fishing on Saturday night.