Bayswater Essex

Hi Neal , damn right you can't give up , this thread has had 3,561 views and they can't all be Spr and me ! .

Everyone is waiting for the next exciting episode of Neal v Bayeswater .

Did Neal's dog mistake him for an intruder and eat him ? .

Will Neal decide to sell all his Fishing Gear and donate the proceeds to the Church Roof Restoration Fund ? .

And another thing Neal , you persuaded Spr to start fishing at Bayeswater , even 6ft. plus , hairy , tatooed blokes have feelings ! .

:wink:

Well Neal  tomorrow I'm finally venturing out fishing for the first time since December , as it's finally probably warm enough for me .

However , you've been out there for months , and you're not quitting .

So I would like to think if anyone from the forum did recognise you down at Bayeswater they'd say " you're the bloke with balls that's just not giving up ! "

I do like Yonnys' idea of always having a lead about at the end of a session , especially when he has had some kind of action . 

Not competent.... What a load of rubbish!! I was told the day I looked at it the first time it is not an easy water... Which is a good thing as you know you have worked for your prize, as for not fishing/spooking fish..... You could always lead about and take notes in one swim bait it up then fish a different swim ie the shallows where you know some spots and then if you see signs in the other swim move....failing that you have gained info on another swim for next time. And I will happily share any info that I find out with you a) because I'm nice like that [emoji23] and b) because your a nice chap oh and c) because one of us if not both needs to show that infamous Bayswater carp do exist [emoji6]

Thank you chaps! Yes yonny is correct, I couldn't yesterday as by about 4 every swim was taken! Spr I will happily share any info I have, I'll pm you later RE the shallows. I also found a good video the bailiff made detailing some swim info.

Crusian where are you headed? Good luck to you!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The fish i saw caught today was a lovely mirror, dark browns and yellows, so when I do get one it'll be worth it it is funny really as I am OK not catching and currenlty I appreciate my time at a lake more and more. No stresses, no agro, just the puzzle of how to catch!!

You know the score fella. :mrgreen:

It's not uncommon to hit a new water and struggle early doors, I'd go so far as to say it's normal. I actually think that's an important part of the story on any given water - it's supposed to be difficult, that's why we do it.

All those blanks are time spent learning. At some point all those things you've learned will come together and you'll have a fish in the net.... and the longer the initial struggle goes on the better you'll feel when that happens. First fish from a tricky venue is always a massive buzz - happiness, achievement and relief all rolled into one.

You can also rest safe in the knowledge that once you've caught one, more WILL follow - because if you know what has caught before you know what can catch again......

Looking forward to the next update.

It's funny you should ask that as I was having a chat with Steve (the bailiff ) and he suggested zigs, so I tied one up to the length that he suggested then wrapped it round my zig disk zipped it up and placed it back in my tackle bag :s..... Why I do not know, I think I was just being stubborn [emoji23] I shall give it Try next time I'm there.

Neal when are you there next? Maybe try and get down there the same day or the night before

It's funny you should ask that as I was having a chat with Steve (the bailiff ) and he suggested zigs, so I tied one up to the length that he suggested then wrapped it round my zig disk zipped it up and placed it back in my tackle bag :s..... Why I do not know, I think I was just being stubborn [emoji23] I shall give it Try next time I'm there.

Neal when are you there next? Maybe try and get down there the same day or the night before

Fingers crossed I'll be there Saturday 30th, I'm expecting it to be chokka though, if no space I'll head to blassford hill round the corner. Defo meet up if you are about. I'll pack a redbull and bring some filters in-case you run out of fags! [emoji12]

Zigs are meant to work well there, I struggle feeling confident it's not tangled and always seem to tangle if I use an adjustable zig.

When it's warmer I'm going to try the gardener surface thing. (Actually a better version that was kindly sent to me by Cyborx)