Bayswater Essex

Hi Neal 

Thanks for the reply .

Spock ( the one with the pointy ears ) couldn't fault your logic as to how you ended up at Bayeswater ! .

Like Spr I don't fancy fishing in this weather .

It all looks rather bare down the lake and there's only usually a Robin and a few Pheasants for company .

So it's all down to you Neal to go fishing on behalf of Spr and me , and report back - no pressure then ! . 

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing ventured nothing gained! Without trying to sound like an a hole you've not caught from there yet if I have remembered correctly..... So look at it as a lesson you'll learn a bit more about a different area of the lake and if things go in your favour you will break the blank....if you go home all you have achieved is spending money on fuel for no reason. Fingers crossed for you [emoji16]

Does the "shallows" get much sun ?

I'm further up the country than you,but my forcast is for a cold night but a bright day. The fish may ? go the shallows for a bit of a warm. A zig wouldn't look too much out of place

Edited by snowmanstevo

Hi Neal 

Like Spr says don't waste your petrol if you are there already .

If the lake's very busy why not  watch what the other anglers are doing like a hawk , and not try and be noble i.e. if someone catches go and congratulate them on their catch while getting a sneaky look at their rig and / or their bait . Is that so bad ? , the angler who catches may be chuffed that you are happy for him and you've got an idea what to try when you are in a " better " swim - it's not as though you are going to cast into their part of the lake ! .

Keep warm , and tight lines .

:wink:

Oh god no! I'm not there already!! I messaged the bailiff and he said what swims were taken. I'll be there early tomorrow. If there's space I'll fish. If not there's a back up lake down the road I can go to.

Either way if I end up in the shallows it'll be good to get an idea of the area for summer as I'll be mainly fishing there! Purely because no one else does!! I've wondered if the shallows are worth a go when it's cold and bright but never been brave enough to break the mould.

I will update tomorrow with what happens

Oh I see mate.... best of luck :wink:

The thing that would put me off the shallows more than anything is the lack of bait that's been going in that area .

But you won't know unless you try them, people are still catching in summer bay up Horseshoe have been all winter so don't let the lack of depth put you off.

Like the others have said I wouldn't right it off,  angling pressure in other areas bit of sunlight in the right area, I  would have a creep along your far margin if that's where the sunlight hits also try exploring the edges of the shallows where it starts to meet the deeper water if you have access to that piece of water.

Oh and tight lines fella :)