Bayswater Essex

Giz rig :)

Single bleeps . Couldn't be having that I'd have been hitting every one of em :)

Or ditching the lead clip .

*speaking from distant experiences. :)

Edited by newmarket

I can't believe I am "that bad" to not catch. I have made silly mistakes but it does seem like a place that even though they come out in the day an over nighter or longer sessions are a real advantage. I'm also pretty sure as they see so much bait that boilies are a very much recognised part of their eating. But I'm convinced other baits give a more instant response, maggots, worms, luncheon meat.

In two swims I am now confident in some spots to get a bite. On the advice of a respected member I will either go subtle chods as they do suit what I'd be fishing over or have something a bit different like a bubble float with worms.

I've done my head in a bit as I tend to fish sweet boilies. But having seen a chap rock up cast in and catch almost straight away using fishmeal boilies. I am now worried that is my problem (common sense says it isn't) so I'm thinking if I go chods across the board I will have live system, some fishy boilie and then maybe something silly like a popped up muscle or prawn!

Neal, are you certain you've been on fish and not caught? By sound of it, you've been picking swims based on where you can fit in. Which is always going to make it difficult. I've changed bait this season, rolling my own and also a tweak to a rig I've been confident in for the last 2 seasons. I've had a number of blanks but eventually had one yesterday and it was the first time, I was 100% confident I was on fish.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes fair point androoooo, yes do have to for in where I can. 100% on feeding fish, no I can't say that, closest has been casting where I've seen them. I'm purposely now focusing other least fished area as it gives me the best chance of a swim. There are two swims in the area that I am now confident I know some feeding spots. So I'm getting there. Just got to have a bait there at the right time!!

I'd say forget it and don't massively change what you're doing just for the sake of it. You'll likely just go round in circles and end up back where you were anyway.

I'm not saying don't change but don't react hastily based on a few blanks. Certain it will come good for you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Part of the problem with Bayswater is that the fish are notorious for not showing themselves, In all the times I have been down there I have seen two shows....... And only personally seen one fish come out. It's a difficult water but we will crack it!! WONT we Neal [emoji6]

Edited by spr1985

Androoooo yes true. It is a confidence thing, to sit knowing I'm doing it right but just wait is tough! Part of what I enjoy though is the working it out and what I can do.

Spr - yup we'll sort it! Looking good for me to go sat 30th! Expecting it to be crazy busy though!!!

I'm sure it will come good for you both.

I used particle and chopped boilie in pva bag with whole boilie on the hair first time I went with no action at all not even a beep, second visit fished popped up boilie over normal boilie (about 15 to 20 boilies every couple of hours) and was getting single bleeps all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be referring to a Jim by any chance would ya? As Jim popped up on my Instagram feed with the exact same parameters.... Day session boilie over 5kg bed of boilie 4 fish up to 34lb 10. I'm gonna try similar next time I'm there and try zigs as well after getting a pointer from Steve the bailiff

Edited by spr1985

Lol don't blame ya he's only on mine because I know he fishes bayeswater and its extra info for me [emoji14] but yeah two seperate people with very similar parameters would say it's worth a shot in that direction and see what occurs, I'm trying to get a pass for an overnight on Friday so if it happens I shall report back with results

It is funny those that do well do seem you be generous with bait. Yet the bailiff says there's no need. I'm pretty sure location and presention is much more important than bait. But it does seem to work. I follow their facebook page and do have to remind myself for every fish posted there is probably a lot more blanks that we don't hear about!!

No that I'm a fan, but Mr Shelley did say he'd put 5kg in but he had purposely not put any lines in the water for 9 hours ! Not sure I could sit on my hands that long.

Saying that I'm sure I've not put enough bait in so will be changing that.

I'm going on Sunday now so of there is a swim going I'll update with how I get on [emoji3]

Mate anyone will tell you that fishes with me .... It's one of my pet hates, bailiffs telling you this that & the other & I stop them in there tracks ,all it ever does is cloud your own personal judgement & makes you second guess .

Only ever had it on socials but it does my head in lol

Edited by chillfactor

Mate anyone will tell you that fishes with me .... It's one of my pet hates, bailiffs telling you this that & the other & I stop them in there tracks ,all it ever does is cloud your own personal judgement & makes you second guess .

Only ever had it on socials but it does my head in lol

I've never had it before, that what i see is so different from the advice! I'm not being stitched up but it definitely makes things confusing. I couldn't say a bad thing about the bailiff, he is a good bloke, and his swim knowledge is impressive and accurate. Could almost go with what he says without checking out the area!

For bayeswater though am sure particles and alternatives work but the ammount of boilies that go in it must be the most common food the fish eat. So rather than trying to be clever and different I may just get one rod and spod the granny out of it!! (Joke! There's more chance of me not casting in for 9 hours)

Edited by nealjt