Bayswater Essex

So yesterday I accidentally stumbled into a tackle shop and purchased the Bayswater ID/key/ membership and was wondering if there is anyone on here that fishes the day ticket lake that would offer up some advice/ tips re baits and rigs and the like?

There's some info on here and also some more threads on BayEswater if you use the search facility .

https://forum.carp.com/topic/21730-days-only-in-the-winter/?fromsearch=1

I've got to say, from what I've seen (not loads) the video above is a pretty standard bayeswater session, find a spot, spod a bit, land a few... if you have done it right! It gets fished a lot and the carp in there don't get a break from anglers, so I can't help but feel a different approach is in order.

I watch the video and think "yeah I can do that" it seems easy and simple, BUT that guy knows his stuff and it is the small things he probably does without thinking is what helped him catch. On that day there was probably 5 other anglers that caught nowt!

As I said I'm looking forward to summer on there and I'll be fishing the opposite to that example, whether I'm right I will have to wait and see

Looking at the size of that place there is no worries if me going past the half way mark lol, although I have fished for years I'm only just getting back into it and pretty much learning from scratch so I'll just go about it my own way and take on board any pointers and see how I get on....nothing ventured nothing gained

That would be a great plan, I am sure somewhere there is another universe where there is a Neal that will be doing just that! This one however has to be content with the scraps that get sent my way! To be fair I am away with work, Sunday to Wednesday this week so I am amazed I've been allowed a day pass

That would be a great plan, I am sure somewhere there is another universe where there is a Neal that will be doing just that! This one however has to be content with the scraps that get sent my way! To be fair I am away with work, Sunday to Wednesday this week so I am amazed I've been allowed a day pass [emoji4] my brother is over from Greece again and one of the main reasons we are going to bayeswater is because he has brought some waders and the margins are shallow!! Bless him, I'm sure he's going to scare all the fish away, probably fall over and I'll have to take him to hospital with hypothermia! But hey ho, as Spr1985 says nothing ventured nothing gained!

Greekski - maybe if he does fall in I can put my danger rig to good use and drag my brother out!!! [emoji32](I promise it won't be used for carp)

I'm actually thinking a maggot feeder, clipped up to a spot I find that feels fishy, alongside a roaming pop-up, and a zig on the last rod, figure if I'm recasting each rod every half hour or so I definitely won't be bored.

I believe the closest a&e is Broomfield hospital....the other side of Chelmsford to Bayswater [emoji23]

Edited by spr1985

• 2 weeks later...

So I didn't need to go to a and e! But my brother kindly brought me a set of waders also woo hoo! On the fish front I'm getting better but very slowly and painfully, I managed to hook something but very quickly lost it! Argh!!! So demoralizing! Very much feel like I need to take up golf!

It is a funny place, it feels above my ability! But i know when I catch i will be very pleased. It definitely seems to be a place where you can't just chuck a rod out anywhere and hope for the best. I need to get a lead and find clear areas as that'll be where fish feed, either due to some natural food or regular bait but and it is a biggun.... it is a pressured lake and I just can't bring myself to spend time casting about with a lead for fear of spooking the swim.

There were five other angers when I arrived so I didn't have much choice for swims, and so was as quiet as I could be with no leading. However I feel if I had found a spot I would have caught more. So what ever happens next time I go I'll spend time getting a feel for the swim. I'm not catching so disturbing the water won't make my results worse!!!

This time of year I think there are very small windows of feeding as the only two fish caught where in adjacent swims and about 10mins apart, and the chaps that had been there since Wednesday with no bites

Hi Neal 

So how was your McDonalds breakfast ? :P  .

It sounds like you are getting closer each visit to catching some .

I guess  now you have invested  time and effort into Bayeswater you are  committed to fishing there long term , but I wonder why you chose Bayeswater over say Suffolk Water Park which would presumably be closer to you ? . 

:wink:

Yes Suffolk water park is about 10min drive from me! But the main lake doesn't interest me, to big and too open! Traditional lake maybe but for a day only I'm not keen on the opening times.

I arrived at bayeswater by chance really, as my brother wanted to night fish and our usual lake of weybread carp fishery was fully booked.

When he is in England he stays in colchester and we ended up trying bayeswater. My interest is it is the first lake I've found where I've a good chance of catching a 20 and also I can fish 5am until 10pm on a day ticket