Bayswater Essex

As I posted on the day the swim was where my cousin had caught a whopper on float fished maggots about 2 rod lengths out so I put some maggots and some ground bait out here but set my rod up as a zig cast to about the same distance as where I saw the carp show but further to the left, was plagued by birds so dropped it down and actually after a couple of hours I changed it over to hinged stiff and put it on the wacker area slack lined and left it there.... no sign of fishies [emoji36] [emoji36]

My right hand rod was put to the marginal reeds with again maggots, groundbait and some boilies. Once again no fish no signs [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] lots of birds on my free bait but interestingly I had no picks up from them apart from when I put a darker coloured fish boilie. So I kept this on and moved the bait slightly further from the margins Max about 3 foot out but it was a good 4 foot deep. When ever I brought it in the rig was clear of weed with just a little on the lead so am happy it was presented OK.

I chose my swim as the one to my right was too tight to the other angler further round. I didn't want to pitch up next to the chap in the shallows as it is a decent sized area and enough for two to fish but feels to close and there is an unwritten rule that if there is someone there it is there's to fish unless asked politely so didn't want to encroach on their space.

If I could I would have followed the wind and possibly had more luck.

My mistake was I should have moved here...

a99f434951ff6258c86e0f9bacf8e467.jpg

As it became free and I didn't react quick enough as someone else jumped in.

Otherwise I don't think there is much more I could have done? What say you carp.com?

As it became free and I didn't react quick enough as someone else jumped in.

Otherwise I don't think there is much more I could have done? What say you carp.com? 

I think from what you have been describing and how busy the lake is you need to move on any opportunities you get, just think of it as learning rather than a blank as I am sure if that happens again you will be packed up and round to the vacated swim if it gives you an advantage

But now I have a sort of strategy in that if I turn up and there's not much swim choice I'm not going to grin a bare it, I'll go to a venue down the road.

But now I have a difficult choice... spoke to the owner of my previous favourite lake where the times are set at 12 hours 0730 - 1930 and the beautiful man has said I can fish until 10 at night!! Annnnnnd my boy can float fish for free

But now I have a sort of strategy in that if I turn up and there's not much swim choice I'm not going to grin a bare it, I'll go to a venue down the road.

This is the reason I shy away from busy waters, it comes at the expense that i don't get to fish fro the bigger fish in the area but nothing winds me up more than knowing where the fish are, paying good money and being able to get nowhere near them.  

But now I have a difficult choice... spoke to the owner of my previous favourite lake where the times are set at 12 hours 0730 - 1930 and the beautiful man has said I can fish until 10 at night!! Annnnnnd my boy can float fish for free so temptation and disheartedness may take me back there, feel a bit like I'm quitting but I'd be lovely to get back there and feel confident to catch. I'll have to see how things go, but bayeswater will definitely be my place of choice for the winter! 

Sounds like a pretty good back up plan to me  :)  8)

Neal . I reckon that if the only chance you get to fish at Bayeswater is day sessions at Weekends then you are going to be continuously banging your head against a brick wall and therefore up against it all the time .

Maybe it's not like it Tuesday-Wednesday time but I bet it is .

Its regional popularity puts it on a par with The linears & yateleys of this world Essex style .

And when I say that I'm referring to the fact that it's always banged out especially Spring-Autumn as I know nothing about the stock .

Not bad mouthing the place , just commenting on its busyness shall we say , but when you are only there for the day you need so much to go in your favour .

If the place wasn't owned by Nash's bait guru then you might stand half a chance as it wouldn't be so busy .

If you could fish longer sessions and arrive on a Thursday or a Monday/Tuesday you not only would have more options with regards location you may also be in with a chance of benefitting from any significant change in the weather ie setting up where a new wind is forecast tomorrow for example .

Nobody wants you to succeed there more than I do mate , you know that , but I think there have to be better options for YOU at the present time in Suffolk/Essex.

But then what do I know , I don't even go fishing

I very much dislike busy waters, even if the fish are mahoosive.

I try to avoid even Suffolk Water Park if possible, preferring quieter less busy, smaller fish waters, where I can get a choice swim without worrying about it being ram jam full.

Even though I do have a number of local commercial lakes around me, and I disagree with the local club, I do still have a couple of waters available that will show up a few fish which I prefer to being hemmed in.

Neal . I reckon that if the only chance you get to fish at Bayeswater is day sessions at Weekends then you are going to be continuously banging your head against a brick wall and therefore up against it all the time .

Maybe it's not like it Tuesday-Wednesday time but I bet it is .

Its regional popularity puts it on a par with The linears & yateleys of this world Essex style .

And when I say that I'm referring to the fact that it's always banged out especially Spring-Autumn as I know nothing about the stock .

Not bad mouthing the place , just commenting on its busyness shall we say , but when you are only there for the day you need so much to go in your favour .

If the place wasn't owned by Nash's bait guru then you might stand half a chance as it wouldn't be so busy .

If you could fish longer sessions and arrive on a Thursday or a Monday/Tuesday you not only would have more options with regards location you may also be in with a chance of benefitting from any significant change in the weather ie setting up where a new wind is forecast tomorrow for example .

Nobody wants you to succeed there more than I do mate , you know that , but I think there have to be better options for YOU at the present time in Suffolk/Essex.

But then what do I know , I don't even go fishing

This is the reason I shy away from busy waters, it comes at the expense that i don't get to fish fro the bigger fish in the area but nothing winds me up more than knowing where the fish are, paying good money and being able to get nowhere near them.  

Sounds like a pretty good back up plan to me  :)  8)

Hutch and Tim I agree, it is the opposite of what I look for. I like that I didn't really know it has some names that fish it as I ended up there by chance really. It is a very well run lake with some good and friendly anglers there and you will not find any litter what so ever

I like to think it's against me rather my ability but I think it is both and not doing myself down but how I fish it takes me time to get to know a place with a lot of trial and error. But was has been really good is when looking at going back to my other place I can see how much I have learnt at bayeswater! If I go to my other place I'll definitely be back a I do like the mission of the place but it is wearing me down a bit

Maybe this is the opportunity you have been waiting for Neal ? .

A midweek trip when families may have gone away on holiday , perhaps you will get a choice of swims ? .

Would you be fishing off your barrow , so you can move onto fish quickly ? - or get your lad to charge down to a newly vacated swim to " baggsie " it ! .

:wink:

Yes of course! Are you Mr Spr? FOLLOW THE WIND AND MOVE SWIMS! Oooh tough one though, wind changes north easterly on Friday.... chilly.... fish the back or follow the wind? Could be swim one or eight/nine, although personally I think the shallows are always a good bet!! Let me know and I can give you exacts wraps for some spots in the shallows