Tying a hinged stiff rig... I am a moron!

cobleyn

Yup - it was barbed. I gave it a good twist and a pull but it was in there very well. Mr . Gardener should be proud of how sharp they are! :lol:

They x ray'd it before they started to extract it and commented that the barb didn't look too big- so they would just 'jiggle it out' rather than push it through and cut it- again well done Mr. G on putting micro barbs on.

Yeah- I trimmed it up before I took it- I did get the hook back though. It was still sharp so I'll tie it back up.

:lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if you're joking or not blanksalot :lol:

Funnily enough I was looking at the Korda Krimps yesterday as tying neat knots in hinged stiff rigs is a ball ache (and as I found out later- quite dangerous :roll::lol: ). On inspecting the packaging though- it says...

"Not for use on Braid, coated braid or flourocarbon". So what's the flipping point of it then?

:lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if you're joking or not blanksalot :lol:

Funnily enough I was looking at the Korda Krimps yesterday as tying neat knots in hinged stiff rigs is a ball ache (and as I found out later- quite dangerous :roll::lol: ). On inspecting the packaging though- it says...

"Not for use on Braid, coated braid or flourocarbon". So what's the flipping point of it then?

Pulling your leg fella, glad you survived :lol:

As for the crimps i've seen them used on coated braids which i use alot myself, just never got around to searching for any, i suppose they've evolved from pike traces, off for a google...i'll be back :lol:

I once had a barbed hook embed itself into the palm of my hand. It was very early in the morning & there was no way i was going to hospital. So i thought i'd man up & push it through.

As i pushed it through i did a little dance & almost peed myself. Not quite as manly as i'd hoped :oops::lol:

I once had a barbed hook embed itself into the palm of my hand. It was very early in the morning & there was no way i was going to hospital. So i thought i'd man up & push it through.

As i pushed it through i did a little dance & almost peed myself. Not quite as manly as i'd hoped :oops::lol:

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

My brother did the same however it was left to me to get it out applying pressure on his arm with my left hand and armed with a pair of pliers in my right. :twisted::lol:

ouch

That reminds me of the time when me, my dad, my dads mate and his grandson went fishing, now my dads mate had only got back into fishing and only just started carp fishing and about half way through the day, the grandson came over to me and my dad and said my granddad wants to see you...once we went over, we had found that he had put a baiting needle through his thumb, one of the barbed harpoon looking type ones, what he had done was instead of drilling out a bollie, he thought he could just push it straight through since he had seen me doing it with a soft bollie and he had hard bollies, so off to the hospital he went with my dad while me and the grandson carried on fishing and pulled out about 9 carp between us :lol:

I once managed to push a baiting needle straight through a boilie into the fleshy part underneath your thumb went in 10mm or so! I was sat night fishing for barbel on the wye , tried to get it out but every time i pulled at it I went green and felt sick which my mates thought was rather funny :lol: the one didn't laugh quite as much when he had to take me to A&E . They had to push it through my thumb out the other side and cut the barb off . The nurse said they see it allot fisherman with different bits of tackle in-bedded in them so your not alone mate, all the best

• 3 weeks later...

Did they put some Klinik on it?? :lol:

I once managed to get a hook in the end of my nose... I was sniffing a bait to see if was silty smelling and my mate stood on my mainline, due to the angle the bait was plucked from my grasp and a size 6 fang gave me an unwanted piercing!! Wish I could always get hook-holds like that in the fishes mouth...