September catch reports.

salokcinnodrog

Wow, where has this year gone?

My sessions this year have been interspringled with illness, this poxy quinsy and hospital visits and a few fish and one good session. When I have fished it seems like I got mostly gremlinned...

Anyway, today is 1st September so who will beย  starting us off?

• 2 weeks later...

DSC_0274.thumb.JPG.3b54e18a15eb6888f1eef254999573fe.JPG

18lb ๐Ÿ‘Œ not the best shot I had someone take the photo instead of being on the tripod, with that it hasn't focused on the fish properly. I'm still happy with it tho, it's a memory ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿคฃ

I'm gonna put some pegs in the swim in a bit and have one where the tripod goes and one where the cradle will go. Should be able to keep everything pretty centered like that ๐Ÿ‘ it's a learning curve but I'm sure I'll get there ๐Ÿ‘

I've just had the best fight of my life, fish was kiting down the res from 100 yards out, it was a long slow plod towards me until about 40 yards, started going again, got it back to about 20 yards and it just went off, the rod went in half with it just charging off, it kept doing this for about 15 20 minutes, every time I gained some it just took off again, I didn't want to tighten the clutch anymore at risk of losing it and the rod was already going in half ๐Ÿคฃ. I eventually got it into the net and straight away knew it was a chunk ๐Ÿคฃย 

DSC_0497.thumb.JPG.a36328bae6fe661b3b7601ddcb7115e3.JPG

33lb on the nose!!! Guys i am absolutely buzzing, my adrenaline is going and my hands are still shaking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

I do have some photos on the dslr too, they came out acceptable to me but still can't get the focus correct. But it don't matter tbh I'm happy with my phone photos and can look back on them ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ fish has destroyed me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

In the middle of the fight my second rod went off, then the third at the same time. Once the fish was in the sling I lifted into the second rod and connected to a fish, starting getting it back but it Bumped off, so drops that rod and lifts into the 3rd rod and landed a little common about 10lbย 

All rods are out the water and I feel done in๐Ÿคฃ might have a chill tonight then get rods back out early with a fresh lot of bait ๐Ÿ‘

43 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I've just had the best fight of my life, fish was kiting down the res from 100 yards out, it was a long slow plod towards me until about 40 yards, started going again, got it back to about 20 yards and it just went off, the rod went in half with it just charging off, it kept doing this for about 15 20 minutes, every time I gained some it just took off again, I didn't want to tighten the clutch anymore at risk of losing it and the rod was already going in half ๐Ÿคฃ. I eventually got it into the net and straight away knew it was a chunk ๐Ÿคฃย 

33lb on the nose!!! Guys i am absolutely buzzing, my adrenaline is going and my hands are still shaking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ

I do have some photos on the dslr too, they came out acceptable to me but still can't get the focus correct. But it don't matter tbh I'm happy with my phone photos and can look back on them ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ fish has destroyed me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

In the middle of the fight my second rod went off, then the third at the same time. Once the fish was in the sling I lifted into the second rod and connected to a fish, starting getting it back but it Bumped off, so drops that rod and lifts into the 3rd rod and landed a little common about 10lbย 

All rods are out the water and I feel done in๐Ÿคฃ might have a chill tonight then get rods back out early with a fresh lot of bait ๐Ÿ‘

Great result and what ย a write up got my heart rate up ๐Ÿ‘

11 hours ago, jh92 said:

Brilliant!

ย 

30 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Over the moon lads ๐Ÿ’ช gonna do another 24hr today, there's rain forecast and the bivvy is still wet, they give a sunny day tomorrow so makes sense to pack up then ๐Ÿคฃ dropped down to two rods, got 5kg of bait left so it's all good ๐Ÿ‘

Time for a few more today good luck ๐Ÿ‘

To all those catching, some brilliant pics and write-ups.

Well done.

ย 

I've split the camera tips and advice into a separate thread in UK Carp fishing, so they not been deleted, just moved.

I'm sorry if this thread seems slightly disjointed now, but the advice I think is worth a thread in its own right.

https://forum.carp.com/topic/33337-camera-tips-and-advice-from-september-catch-reports/page/2/#comment-385983

@yonnyย thanks for the tips for all, very helpful.