June Catch Reports

salokcinnodrog

8 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Coupla hard scrapping commons... bloomin arms hanging off now🤣🤣🤣

I hear you , Blue .

I can't wait to hook one of these big carp that allegedly just plod around staying deep until it's time to land them ; these low doubles that charge around like nutters , and refuse to give up are so tiring when you are a mature gentleman .

😁

Bit of a frustrating session today. Reel packed in, Landed up snapping a rig in a tree, bending a hook fighting a common and last but of all out of the dramas I hooked a seagull. What a fight on the bank that was to get the hook out(literally only turned around to turn the kettle off n he dive bombed my surface rig).

Then along came the geese aswell so had to give up with surface fishing and just sit there watching all the nice nice fish cruising around the surface.

Went in search of a few mirrors, lost count of fish after a mix of around 30 f1s, commons & crucians but as for the mirrors I went hoping to catch only managed to land the brute in the picture somehow on a size 6 fang 🤣💪🏼

IMG20240605193442.thumb.jpg.3e900b7a539f93ccf54b2d5add4576ef.jpg

Instead of a 20lb mirror I got a 1lb mirror 🤣😂🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a local days only park lake yesterday and in 8 hours had 7 fish including 2 x 18lb'ers and a PB common from that lake of 19lb. It really was a case of "buying your fish" as I used about 8 litres of spod mix and about 2kg of boilies. Every time I topped up the swim, the bites would immediately start and then go quiet about 15 minutes, which was the cue to top up. I had to ease up about half way through as I was starting to run out! I'm sure I would have caught more if I had knocked up another pressure cooker load.

I chatted to a couple of blokes on the way out and they had struggled but they did say they didn't put in many freebies.

This time of year, the fish really are up for a good feed. I'm sure that if I had gone down the "PVA bag and one bite at a time", I would have struggled.

Went out to a local pool on me club book today... 

Had 3 of these little scrappers, pulled off early as they were starting to swim  about in groups possibly getting ready for a bit o' Jiggy-Jig.

I'll give this pool a miss for a coupla weeks now... next trip out'll be on a river I think...👍

IMG-20240624-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240624-WA0005.jpg

8 hours ago, finchey said:

A few hounds caught last night and a tope pup.

This was the best hound and my best this year. 20240624_222130.thumb.jpg.7bf6eed8cf7fc157ae5d30b10783beb0.jpg

Nice hound mate. I had my pb Friday night at 11lb 06oz and as you say the power difference with a double figure hound is something else compared to a single and the singles are like torpedoes. 

20 hours ago, emmcee said:

Nice hound mate. I had my pb Friday night at 11lb 06oz and as you say the power difference with a double figure hound is something else compared to a single and the singles are like torpedoes. 

Well done on the new pb emmcce, Have you any photos of your 11lb 6oz I would like to compare to mine as I had no scales with me. 

Just done 48 hours and struggled. The high temperature on Wednesday made them spawn again. Most of Thursday they were "sunning" in the shallows and not interested. I did catch one during the night.

I did have a bit of excitement when I sent the boat  out and dropped the rig. I started bringing the boat bait and noticed that line was still coming off the spool. Sometimes the rig gets caught up and thought that was what had happened but the line was coming off the spool at twice the rate of the boat! I struck and was in, one of the fastest bites ever. The fight was pretty strong and though I'd got one of the really big lumps but just before it went into the net, I noticed it was hooked in the tail! I did weigh it at 23-13 and did a mat photo but not claiming it.