April Catch Reports

elmoputney

Decided to try and fish one of the new lakes on the complex this year, first time out had a walk round and found the motherload of the fish all tucked away and chilling had to barrow through a swamp and lots of flooded pathways but when my rod ripped off this morning I knew it was worth it, what I realised pretty quickly though was it felt pretty heavy, when I saw it I knew it was quite heavy, I chucked my other rod in the reeds and made sure I wasn't going to lose it by playing it as delicately as I could, I needn't have worried it was nailed on the ever faithful spinner rig, as I sit here contemplating what just happened I've realised I still haven't had a proper cuppa yet today so kettle on and chill time. 31lb not bad for a first night on a new lake 😊IMG_20240413_100804.thumb.jpg.dc6b928f4c2350dc88c57ea169599937.jpg

On 13/04/2024 at 10:31, elmoputney said:

Decided to try and fish one of the new lakes on the complex this year, first time out had a walk round and found the motherload of the fish all tucked away and chilling had to barrow through a swamp and lots of flooded pathways but when my rod ripped off this morning I knew it was worth it, what I realised pretty quickly though was it felt pretty heavy, when I saw it I knew it was quite heavy, I chucked my other rod in the reeds and made sure I wasn't going to lose it by playing it as delicately as I could, I needn't have worried it was nailed on the ever faithful spinner rig, as I sit here contemplating what just happened I've realised I still haven't had a proper cuppa yet today so kettle on and chill time. 31lb not bad for a first night on a new lake 😊IMG_20240413_100804.thumb.jpg.dc6b928f4c2350dc88c57ea169599937.jpg

What hook bait did you get it on ?  

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Good ole fashioned match the hatch actually, I went with a white choc orange, match the hatch and a yellow tutti as my opening gambit, so far this year I've caught on matching and choc orange. 

Love the smell of chocolate orange…I use a 6mm and 8mm wafter for my feeder fishing. 

1 hour ago, mrmud said:

These things are a pain. Last time I went I must have had 20 of the things, They're like the bream of the sea lol. 

On 13/04/2024 at 15:23, ouchthathurt said:

Had quite a few dogfish too 🙄IMG_9729.thumb.jpeg.1a90d2ae294496b17e5a124df01ac949.jpeg

Away on holiday a few years back, I had a sea food dinner and thus was the main course, nice going down....horrible coming back up 🤮🤢🤮🤢

12 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

Away on holiday a few years back, I had a sea food dinner and thus was the main course, nice going down....horrible coming back up 🤮🤢🤮🤢

They call them Rock salmon on the menu…difficult to skin you need a Stanley knife and long nose pliers, couple of slits down the side of the dog then use the pliers like a tin opener…. Not to my liking 

3 minutes ago, B B said:

They call them Rock salmon on the menu…difficult to skin you need a Stanley knife and long nose pliers, couple of slits down the side of the dog then use the pliers like a tin opener…. Not to my liking 

Don't get me wrong, it tasted nice, but on the plane home day after 🤢🤮