Anyone else winter fishing

Jordz611

I'm back at the syndicate from Wednesday. The last fish out was in December and I think I know where they have holed up. It is definitely not the deepest part of the lake! 

The maximum depth of the lake is 8feet, but the spot I think they are in is 5feet deep. 

Me and winter fishing? oh heck no i will be calling into a tackle shop today for a few end tackle bits those things that add up when you leave it to the last, that's about all the fishing for me till mid march might drop on mallard for a few days here and there. If i can get the money together i might get a year ticket for stanwicks, that will give me a few nice options in the same area. 

1 hour ago, JordanNW said:

Exactly mate nothing worse then being stuck in the house 

I hate it me... Yesterday was a wasted day sat in waiting for 3 ton gravel to be delivered, also waiting for car to be fixed (new fuel system).... Both happened to be ready at same time this morning. 

So went and picked car up, while was there, driver phoned and said I'm at your property... 

Got back and put 3 ton gravel down over the wire mesh on drive, whackered that down, just need gates arrive now. 

Can't be stuck inside me, I'm out walking at least everyday, I'm hoping be on the bank Friday night (will be after little ens footy training, so will be setup in dark), doing till about 1pm Saturday. 

Edited by Highy

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Lodge pal... Last time was there was the Carp Match when you came down... 5 MONTHS GO 😳

Need get back to normality with that place. 

I might be doing 24hrs on Saturday till Sunday myself. My wife finally starts her treatment tomorrow for 3 days this week, so it all depends on how she's feeling, if she's not too good I won't go. So I might see you Saturday morning. 🙂👍

2 minutes ago, finchey said:

I might be doing 24hrs on Saturday till Sunday myself. My wife finally starts her treatment tomorrow for 3 days this week, so it all depends on how she's feeling, if she's not too good I won't go. So I might see you Saturday morning. 🙂👍

I'll be there about 6/7pm Friday to about 1pm Saturday. 

Hope all goes well/OK for your wife Keith. 

1 hour ago, finchey said:

Best wishes from me, hope it all goes well 👍 

And good luck if you do get out Highy, 

All my bait came today, 6l of lovely liquid and 15kg of lovely boilies, now have a nicely stocked freezer again, I have asked the question about going Saturday night but that's been largely ignored as of yet just waiting to find a good time to ask again 😂 

I still haven't tested the boat out 😳

19 hours ago, Highy said:

I hate it me... Yesterday was a wasted day sat in waiting for 3 ton gravel to be delivered, also waiting for car to be fixed (new fuel system).... Both happened to be ready at same time this morning. 

So went and picked car up, while was there, driver phoned and said I'm at your property... 

Got back and put 3 ton gravel down over the wire mesh on drive, whackered that down, just need gates arrive now. 

Can't be stuck inside me, I'm out walking at least everyday, I'm hoping be on the bank Friday night (will be after little ens footy training, so will be setup in dark), doing till about 1pm Saturday. 

Id be mega annoyed  I wanna try the other lake near me  but it’s further then the other and not driving atm isn’t good but I do want to get few nights on that lake in spring  park just need get a new bivvy ha I deffo want to get on the other pond near me like http://www.ulverstonangling.org/sandhall/sandhall.aspx

18 hours ago, finchey said:

Best wishes from me to your wife, hope everything goes well. 

I'm at the syndicate lake now, set up and settled down with a good hot coffee. Sky is laying down outside watching the world. 

16456354622866680312585728338427.jpg

19 hours ago, finchey said:

Hope things go well for the Mrs matey and for you too 😉🤞🏻

12 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm at the syndicate lake now, set up and settled down with a good hot coffee. Sky is laying down outside watching the world. 

Good luck Nick .

interesting Coffee pot .

21 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Thanks very much mate and good luck with the fishing and enjoy your time on the bank, sky is looking well chilled out there.🙂👍