Particles

On 19/11/2021 at 14:07, Carpbell_ll said:

i got mine from go outdoors they could of been shipped and stored all over the country before i got a tub, something not right about them. 

Yah me too.... 

Now I've got 19kg Particle - 13kg still to arrive, 25kg Aller Aqua Pellets. 

Should be enough for a campaign next year? 

Now Boilies.... Sticky Manilla or Sticky Krill on the canal? or should I mix both. 

I still have about 5kg of each left, but will be topping up both at Christmas. 

• 4 months later...

Argh!

I just put a cupful of maize to soak in a bucket before i add pigeon conditioner on Saturday, for boiling Sunday.

Blooming weevils started crawling out of the maize so I have had to soak my last 5kilos. Going to have to either put the lot in next week or freeze it.

Something I have started doing with particles is save my slightly salted pasta water and soak the particles in it before boiling.

20 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm out Saturday and this is a 50/60 Yr old pond/lake.... I think there's some wary wild old carp in here and will be on the naturals bait.... Corn, Hemp, Maize, Tigers.... 

Will try some crumbed up Manilla also. 

17 hours ago, Highy said:

It's Friday night now.... 

I've just Google mapped the new place I'm fishing 

Screenshot_20220421_104518.thumb.jpg.3dd21d8964cf4cd570080c6e96820dc7.jpg

Screenshot_20220421_104747.thumb.jpg.6b155b8c026dbaafddde0c659aa519a2.jpg

Both have about same stamp of fish, 1 is slightly deeper than the other.... 

I'll have the deeper out on both to see what's what on each.... I've got my gate key and card this morning.... I've phoned the owner and there's only about 20 members on this place... Mainly match guys and about 5 carers.... Mate has been wanting to fish this place since he was a kid.... Been about 20yrs that too... 

21 hours ago, Highy said:

I've just Google mapped the new place I'm fishing 

Screenshot_20220421_104518.thumb.jpg.3dd21d8964cf4cd570080c6e96820dc7.jpg

Screenshot_20220421_104747.thumb.jpg.6b155b8c026dbaafddde0c659aa519a2.jpg

Both have about same stamp of fish, 1 is slightly deeper than the other.... 

I'll have the deeper out on both to see what's what on each.... I've got my gate key and card this morning.... I've phoned the owner and there's only about 20 members on this place... Mainly match guys and about 5 carers.... Mate has been wanting to fish this place since he was a kid.... Been about 20yrs that too... 

Good luck on your new water tonight Paul.😁👍🎣🎣🎣🎣

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 11:14, Highy said:

Ordered the Below Particle....

1 Jar of Each 3ltr Mainline...

2 Shelf Life Jars of Carbon Baits Co2 Nutty 5ltr each. 

Screenshot_20211119_111109.thumb.jpg.ecdc36184a6868ca26cbfe96030426bf.jpg

The Carbon baits Particles are brilliant,  I've used 1 jar ready, fishing 1 pieces of fake Slow sink Maize, just wafting over the top.

Mate has ordered some today, that's what we was using at weekend, 1 small scoop of this with about 10 boilies in the Boat hopper, after every bite...you all seen mate did well, we had 14 fish between us.

The slik it gives off on when contacted the water, also when you can see the fish munching over it too.

I think I'll be ordering some more 😏.

I've give up with Monster Particles. They drag you in with their cheap prices, but seems to be for things you aren't going to get.

First ever order I had to chase up as part of the order was missing, yet I'd give them a fortnight to before contacting them.

But gave them another chance with an order for 3 varieties of dry particles. First arrived after 5 working days, second arrived after 8 working days, and again after 3 weeks I found myself chasing up the third, and now they choose to ignore me.

Even though the prices are a  bit higher I've just put an order in with Barrs Angling so will see how that goes. 

45 minutes ago, oldcarper said:

I've give up with Monster Particles. They drag you in with their cheap prices, but seems to be for things you aren't going to get.

First ever order I had to chase up as part of the order was missing, yet I'd give them a fortnight to before contacting them.

But gave them another chance with an order for 3 varieties of dry particles. First arrived after 5 working days, second arrived after 8 working days, and again after 3 weeks I found myself chasing up the third, and now they choose to ignore me.

Even though the prices are a  bit higher I've just put an order in with Barrs Angling so will see how that goes. 

I've heard a lot bad reviews about them....the Carbon baits was recommended by @yonny could not fault the service or product.

There's a place near me I'm going to try as I can pickup locally ....

https://perfectedparticles.co.uk/

Heard some good things about these guys....

9 hours ago, Highy said:

I've heard a lot bad reviews about them....the Carbon baits was recommended by @yonny could not fault the service or product.

There's a place near me I'm going to try as I can pickup locally ....

https://perfectedparticles.co.uk/

Heard some good things about these guys....

I bought 10kg of gone off tigers from them, they didn't arrive on time and got stuck with couriers but they didn't offer to replace them so never again for me 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

I bought 10kg of gone off tigers from them, they didn't arrive on time and got stuck with couriers but they didn't offer to replace them so never again for me 

From who Elmo?....Monster ?

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I feel the same way about Total Fishing Tackle at the moment mate .

Im not much of a particles man tbh as I find Boilies produce the Carp rather than the Bream … at least where I have to fish .

21 minutes ago, newmarket said:

I feel the same way about Total Fishing Tackle at the moment mate .

Im not much of a particles man tbh as I find Boilies produce the Carp rather than the Bream … at least where I have to fish .

i'm giving a local company a try this week for some hemp mix they do they also do a snail boilie and a few other snail bits. i will just try some of their particle mix for now thinking of giving the fake baits a whirl some big bream in the lake probably rudd and roach too, zigs seem to be working best, i'm never sure how to fish them, baiting up wise been thinking of trying one again though, may as well got the kit in the tackle bag. 

Also going to try the shelf like ecton berry if they have any at billing tackle shop. 

it's the fuel costs that hurt me trying to get her to move to the posher parts of northampton but no joy as yet.

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i'm giving a local company a try this week for some hemp mix they do they also do a snail boilie and a few other snail bits. i will just try some of their particle mix for now thinking of giving the fake baits a whirl some big bream in the lake probably rudd and roach too, zigs seem to be working best, i'm never sure how to fish them, baiting up wise been thinking of trying one again though, may as well got the kit in the tackle bag. 

Also going to try the shelf like ecton berry if they have any at billing tackle shop. 

it's the fuel costs that hurt me trying to get her to move to the posher parts of northampton but no joy as yet.

“ I was born under the hotel end “ .

Good memories of Northampton 👍🏻

On 14/05/2022 at 22:45, Carpbell_ll said:

zigs seem to be working best, i'm never sure how to fish them, baiting up wise been thinking of trying one again though, may as well got the kit in the tackle bag. 

Running out of time for the zigs imo mate. Once they've spawned it's time to get on the deck (on most waters anyway) until Dec/Jan depending on temps.

On 16/05/2022 at 08:48, yonny said:

Running out of time for the zigs imo mate. Once they've spawned it's time to get on the deck (on most waters anyway) until Dec/Jan depending on temps.

to be fair think i would struggle to fish a zig couldn't use a marker float so the adjustable zig would of been a pain too much floating silk weed, looks like a out and out chod type water, might try a pine pool half zig on a bed of the silk weed, inline lead and a length of nylon line just a bit longer than the weed depth and a wafter to sit on the weed like a freebie. long chod, lol. works close in. 

• 1 month later...
On 15/11/2021 at 10:08, yonny said:

and tigers that taste awful.

On 15/11/2021 at 12:47, yonny said:

My first experience of tigers was of my Dad soaking and eating them as a snack when I was a nipper

I used to munch half of my home prepared tigers myself, love them, a good healthy snack.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

CHICK PEAS.....any good ? (Frozen)

As long as they were properly prepared first, yes.

Pour some boiling water over them to thaw them out, then check they are soft through. 

If they are still hard through they won't have been boiled, but if they are soft they will.

If not, leave for 12hours then bring to boil and simmer for 10minutes.

Love chickpeas as bait, they catapult nicely quite a distance. 

3 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I used to munch half of my home prepared tigers myself, love them, a good healthy snack.

Pour some boiling water over them to thaw them out, then check they are soft through. 

If they are still hard through they won't have been boiled, but if they are soft they will.

Beltin, can actually squash now as some have thawd out...10kg bags....that'll do 😁

On 15/07/2022 at 16:42, Highy said:

Hi Guys....

CHICK PEAS.....any good ? (Frozen)

20220715_163734.thumb.jpg.2532637d39bbc0e3dda62ce90d611760.jpg

20220715_163730.thumb.jpg.41968553349542cf3e515c405b55ac02.jpg

On 15/07/2022 at 18:59, salokcinnodrog said:

I managed to get a 10kg bag home, thawed it out in some Hemp/Olive Oil, now I've refreshed it until my 48hr in August....

Would anything else be a good additive to it when thawing ?