Particles

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I managed to get a 10kg bag home, thawed it out in some Hemp/Olive Oil, now I've refreshed it until my 48hr in August....

Would anything else be a good additive to it when thawing ?

Molasses goes well with particles, but will also draw bream, tench etc. Those fish have a sweet tooth!

• 1 month later...
On 15/11/2021 at 09:42, Highy said:

Hi, 

Next year I will be using more particles in my fishing BUT..  

This style of fishing is a minefield..  Tigers, peanuts, corn, maize, tares, chick peas, Hemp, groats...... 

I've gone halves and bought some unprepared with a mate, but he will be preparing as I've not a clue. 

When I get my own it will be mainly already prepared I'll be buying and wanting a good reputable maker. 

I don't have the Freezer space to freeze it either. 

I've been looking at monster particles lately... Monster Mix £14 for 5kg, Monster Nutty Mix £18 for 5kg but they recommended to be used in 7 days of opening. 

Also, Mainline Power Particle - Pulse, Mainline Nutty Hemp & Tares.... Both £11 for 3kg already prepared.... And I've heard/read all you have to do is keep em covered in water when not being used so they won't go off. 

Would this go for all particle? Just being covered in water keeping the attraction leaking out? 

I'm fishing quite a bit at the moment; straight from work then load the gear into the car for a 2 night trip.

I'm still using the particles, plenty of hemp and birdfood.

My usual method at the moment is to put into soak 48 hours minimum before I go, then on the day boil before I go to work. 

Most of the bucket goes in as I arrive, even in the dark. I'm able to wade out to spread it on my spots, but even if I had to spod or Spomb it I know I could do so accurately. 

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'm fishing quite a bit at the moment; straight from work then load the gear into the car for a 2 night trip.

I'm still using the particles, plenty of hemp and birdfood.

My usual method at the moment is to put into soak 48 hours minimum before I go, then on the day boil before I go to work. 

Most of the bucket goes in as I arrive, even in the dark. I'm able to wade out to spread it on my spots, but even if I had to spod or Spomb it I know I could do so accurately. 

I've got some particle left now, but not much, will be out to buy some supply's thus week, Hemp n Sweetcorn, Boilies, some Terminal....