Short session food?

Dicky123

I love my food whether it be day session, 24 hr or 48hr....

Breakfast - Porridge or Cheese Ham toastie 

Dinner - grilled chicken / breast / cheese ham toastie. 

Tea - pasta with sauce/ slices of pizza/ sausage rolls.... Sometimes order out. 

I between the meals the snacks are fruit, nuts, cereal bars, the odd biccy.... 

IMG_20210606_102630.thumb.jpg.20e1c066f9b67d363362fb26c362a807.jpg

Middle big is my food/brew bag... 

I get everything in there... 

Edited by Highy

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I cook the bacon then pour the fat onto the roll in place of butter. One less thing to take 😆

Kinda the same really you use the bacon fat to so it isn't dry on the pan much like you should use butter on the outside in a breville, I don't take butter either, occasionally peanut butter though and I'll make an elvis burger with it 😂

If it’s a daylight trip of 12 hrs, flask of hot water to make coffee couple of sandwiches and 6 digestive biscuits to with with the 3 cups of coffee and a bottle of water 

48 hr, Weetabix and proper coffee for breakfast, lunchtime soup and a bread roll and for tea home made curry and rice, nx day the same but a proper 100% beef burger for tea. 

17 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Pot noodles or porridge... hi carb slow release keeps you filled up for longer... just add boiling water... or a big packet of choccie suggestives

Porridge for breakfast in the winter, with goat's milk for me, done and eaten straight from the pan, but topped with a dessert spoon of soft brown sugar😉

Add a coffee from the Bialetti and I'm happy

What do you class as a short session if I’m doing a day trip I will just buy a meal deal from a shop 👍 maybe a flask of tea or coffee too. 

Are you putting your bread in a cool bag with ice blocks or something? I usually put half a loaf for bacon sandwiches in my fishing rucksack and never had any problems, will keep for a good 48 hours 👍👍

Easy foods for me are pot noodles, super noodle now do pot noodles you just add water lol. Tea and biscuits, big soup, all day breakfast in a tin, it tastes rubbish but it will do for fishing 😂

I can’t be bothered with the cleaning up anymore so just try to cook everything with a kettle or the 1 saucepan or frying pan 😂😂

20 hours ago, jh92 said:

What do you class as a short session if I’m doing a day trip I will just buy a meal deal from a shop 👍 maybe a flask of tea or coffee too. 

Are you putting your bread in a cool bag with ice blocks or something? I usually put half a loaf for bacon sandwiches in my fishing rucksack and never had any problems, will keep for a good 48 hours 👍👍

Easy foods for me are pot noodles, super noodle now do pot noodles you just add water lol. Tea and biscuits, big soup, all day breakfast in a tin, it tastes rubbish but it will do for fishing 😂

I can’t be bothered with the cleaning up anymore so just try to cook everything with a kettle or the 1 saucepan or frying pan 😂😂

Just a day session I take sandwiches I have made or 'leftovers', extra pasta and sauce from last nights dinner  at home, along with 2 flasks of cafetiere coffee. No milk so it still tastes good. 

I might take some choccie snacks, Jaffa cakes, or something similar