Anyone fishing at the moment?

jh92

3 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Just wondering if anyone is doing a bit at the moment? 

I've got a day session at a small pond planned for tomorrow, had a walk around yesterday and the banks are so soft, my gear is gonna get caked in mud 😂 but the fish are coming out 👍

I've done 3 sessions, all blanked, 1 occasion the lake had flooded and risen 6ft...out this weekend, mates have all tried and only heard of 1 of em catching, only 1 fish. 

10 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've done 3 sessions, all blanked, 1 occasion the lake had flooded and risen 6ft...out this weekend, mates have all tried and only heard of 1 of em catching, only 1 fish. 

Nice mate hopefully you bag one at the weekend 👍 the weather's warming up a bit now so hopefully it will pick up a bit.

I’ve got the bait rolled and the gear all prepped, I’ve done a total of about 10hrs since New Year’s Eve, no fish though. It’s more mild now, so I want to get on the bank ASAP, but my wife was in a minor car accident, she’s fine, but her car is in the repair shop so I’m having to act as chauffeur for the moment, usually when she’s at work and I’m off, then I’ll hit the bank. Fingers crossed though and good luck to all hitting the bank. 

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

I've got a day session at a small pond planned for tomorrow, had a walk around yesterday and the banks are so soft, my gear is gonna get caked in mud 😂 but the fish are coming out 👍

Pike fishing right now. 

I had a walk around on Monday, half the lake was covered in ice, but I figured it was going to be free by today. 

Gives me a chance for carp spotting as I can see most of the lake from where I am now. 

2 hours ago, yonny said:

I'm planning on a cheeky sesh next week. These temps cannot be ignored.

Yes mate the rise in temps had made me want to get out again!

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

I've got nowhere to go carp fishing, everywhere is an hours drive minimum for me so too far unfortunately and most are closed anyway.  A canal Perch if you're lucky - I should move down south tbh

Good luck to those doing a bit 👍

I'm quite lucky with the current situation, I got 2 fisheries and miles of canal river within 10 minutes of me. One of the fisheries is fully booked until mid next year and the other one is a small fenced pond of about an acre at most with another small pond next to it about half an acre. It's quite low stocked with some old fish in. It's quite a hard water but 1 of 2 is coming out at the moment so gonna give it a go tomorrow 👍 river is flowing too fast at the moment and not going to waste my time on canal carp at the moment lol.

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

I’ve got the bait rolled and the gear all prepped, I’ve done a total of about 10hrs since New Year’s Eve, no fish though. It’s more mild now, so I want to get on the bank ASAP, but my wife was in a minor car accident, she’s fine, but her car is in the repair shop so I’m having to act as chauffeur for the moment, usually when she’s at work and I’m off, then I’ll hit the bank. Fingers crossed though and good luck to all hitting the bank. 

I've been sorting the shed out and found some tiger nuts so got them soaking, will have them on the boil tonight, also got some krill boilies soaking in vodka and krill liquid. Hopefully can tempt a carp tomorrow! Sorry to hear about your wife's accident, hopefully your situation improves soon!

40 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Pike fishing right now. 

I had a walk around on Monday, half the lake was covered in ice, but I figured it was going to be free by today. 

Gives me a chance for carp spotting as I can see most of the lake from where I am now. 

Nice mate have you caught anything yet? Luckily down here the temps ain't as bad, haven't seen any big freezes on the lakes in a while 👍

9 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

She’s all good thanks mate, a taxi ran into the back of her, so the insurance company is sorting it all out. You’ve not had any major freezes, what area are you in? 

Devon mate, it's been cold and with some icy mornings but I haven't seen the lakes frozen over yet. Although they might of on the days I didn't walk them 👍😂

4 hours ago, jh92 said:

I’m off tomorrow and I learnt to put an emergency blanket under my bivvy or brolly keeps the cold from rising out the ground into your bivvy plus cleaner and you can just hose it down fold it up an reuse for a few times

the Little pond I’m fishing tomorrow they’re not big but supposedly a good winter water 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

I'm quite lucky with the current situation, I got 2 fisheries and miles of canal river within 10 minutes of me. One of the fisheries is fully booked until mid next year and the other one is a small fenced pond of about an acre at most with another small pond next to it about half an acre. It's quite low stocked with some old fish in. It's quite a hard water but 1 of 2 is coming out at the moment so gonna give it a go tomorrow 👍 river is flowing too fast at the moment and not going to waste my time on canal carp at the moment lol.

I've been sorting the shed out and found some tiger nuts so got them soaking, will have them on the boil tonight, also got some krill boilies soaking in vodka and krill liquid. Hopefully can tempt a carp tomorrow! Sorry to hear about your wife's accident, hopefully your situation improves soon!

Nice mate have you caught anything yet? Luckily down here the temps ain't as bad, haven't seen any big freezes on the lakes in a while 👍

Hope everything is ok ouch and you get to go out very soon 🤞🤞

5 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I’m off tomorrow and I learnt to put an emergency blanket under my bivvy or brolly keeps the cold from rising out the ground into your bivvy plus cleaner and you can just hose it down fold it up an reuse for a few times

the Little pond I’m fishing tomorrow they’re not big but supposedly a good winter water 🤞🤞

I'm packing a bag for life for the ground sheet and another for the barrow wheel 👍😂 good luck for tomorrow mate 👍 

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is I have to get the bedchair that has a sleeping bag folded up in it down from the shed and shake it out. It's hasn't been used for about a year and I can guarantee there's some monsters hiding it in. Last thing I want is one of them creeping out on me when I'm chilling on it 😂😂😂

Edited by jh92

2 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I'm packing a bag for life for the ground sheet and another for the barrow wheel 👍😂 good luck for tomorrow mate 👍

Thank you mucka same to you I’ve upgraded from a emergency blanket I’ve now got a piece of insulated underlay for my bivvy to go on ground can be as soggy as it likes it washes down so happy days 

hope whoever is wetting a line in the foreseeable may they have a carp on the end 🤞🤞

I’ve got an old green army poncho, complete with hood in the middle! (You see them in old Vietnam films) its ideal as it scrunches up to nothing, you can wear it as a rain coat in showers, make a throw up shelter with a couple of tent pegs and a few bungees or use it as an adhoc groundsheet. It’s always thrown in the hold-all. 

7 hours ago, jh92 said:

https://forum.carp.com/topic/20865-a-few-pike-including-a-new-pb-over-20lb/page/2/

47 minutes ago, jh92 said:

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is I have to get the bedchair that has a sleeping bag folded up in it down from the shed and shake it out. It's hasn't been used for about a year and I can guarantee there's some monsters hiding it in. Last thing I want is one of them creeping out on me when I'm chilling on it 😂😂😂

Bed chair for a day session lol