June Catch reports

salokcinnodrog

22 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Orange-Filter-Camera-Camcorder/dp/B01J727A9A/ref=psdc_1330763031_t2_B077VL3DDY

Have a look at one of these Highly. It makes night photography a lot simpler. You can still use your on board flash but the extra light does fill in the gaps a bit. For quite a few years I played about with slave flashes. They are small portable flash units that you mount on a bankstick or are placed on the ground and are triggered by the main flash going off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/slave-flash/bn_7024918190

Some on here, you only need the sub £20 versions. I had 2 and positioned them at least 10 foot away and angling from the side so you didn't get any visible "flaring" in the shot.

That's the one I've got it's really good never used the orange filter though I just put mine on top the camera and replace the flash with it, provides plenty of light 

I can't load pictures from down here, the signal is absolutely awful, but I had two more carp last night from the reservoir, both doubles between 17-18lb.

I just took a couple of mat pictures which I will upload when I get back. 

Both came on the same rod, marked with power gum so I could get it back on spot, on double RH KMG 20mm boilies

Another fish last night, and it looks like one of the 'originals', a 21lb common. 

Some of the originals were escapee livebaits from 80's and 90's pike angler's, and this one had a misshapen mouth as if a treble had deformed it. 

Again pictures when I get back 

17 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I can't load pictures from down here, the signal is absolutely awful, but I had two more carp last night from the reservoir, both doubles between 17-18lb.

I just took a couple of mat pictures which I will upload when I get back. 

Both came on the same rod, marked with power gum so I could get it back on spot, on double RH KMG 20mm boilies

You seem to be catching consistently now , Nick , all your groundwork paying off no doubt .

😃

16 minutes ago, crusian said:

You seem to be catching consistently now , Nick , all your groundwork paying off no doubt .

😃

It's likely to be a blank sooner or later. 

One thing I didn't think about was the new tackle bogey. I was extremely lucky to christen it first time out

I've managed to find an area with signal while walking Sky, this was the first 17

IMG_20200620_002134.jpg

12 hours ago, crusian said:

Or is it your lucky beard , Smufter ? .

😁

I hope not mate. I've shaved it off now.....🙄

Out again tomorrow night for 24.  A bit in two minds 'cos the temps are supposed to be quite high on Wednesday. But you've got to be in it to win it I guess.....😉😉😉

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site so thought I would add a post to say hello! My name is josh and I’ve been fishing for around 16 years since I was a young lad with my dad. Since the years have gone on I’ve got more serious about my carp fishing and I’ve just decided to start vlogging some my fishing adventures and trips and also started vlogging different campaigns. All the support from anyone would be greatly appreciated by subscribing to my YouTube Chanel ( https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVHMlOfbVe6wGUDuxOyIjsw ) and following my Instagram account ( josh_rapley1) . I have some very exciting trips planned and the footage will be good 👌🏻 

Anyway I’d like to share a little story from a recent session where I landed these 2 fish. 
Since the rules of lockdown got slightly lifted I was straight away out on the bank trying new fisheries such as Bishops Bowl, where I managed to bank a new PB mirror of 26.04 and another little private lake where I managed to bank a 24 mirror. After catching these I was itching to get back on my local that I have fished since being a kid, but I wasn’t able to fish it until the 1st of June as the lake wasn’t opening. So I made sure I booked myself 4 nights from the 1st. Session started well with me banking 3 fish in the first day, and it continued quite steady for the next 2 nights catching a few up to upper doubles. The following day it went quiet for a while with not much action so I got a little bit more bait around my spot tight to a fallen tree where I had all the fish from. Within 20 mins of a re cast the rod was off, when playing this fish I noticed it was a big ghostie, now I knew there was 2 ghosties that big, one around mid 20’s and one known as the “big ghostie” which came out twice last year at just over 30. This big ghostie is a fish I have been after for over 6 years so you can imagine the thoughts going through my head. Eventually I slid the net under the fish and before taking a proper look I went to wake my mate up. I  went and woke him up from the next swim and said “I think I’ve caught it”, and he knew straight away what fish I was on about because I have mentioned it so many times, so we walked back into my swim and he had a proper look in the net which I still hadn’t done, he just turned and smiled and I knew I had the one 👌🏻 So at this point I’m thinking is this my first 30? Turned out not to be at 29lb 6oz, made no difference to me I was absolutely buzzing because it was another PB and a fish I have wanted for so long!!! And then to top that off about half hour later I landed this beautiful 24lb 2oz new PB common off the same spot! Love it!! Currently doing a campaign on a park lake which I am vlogging, trailer out on YouTube and Instagram so go check it out!! 48hrs at Sandhurst also coming up soon so will I catch my first 30? Subscribe to find out!! Tight lines everyone 👊🏻🎣🎣

529D11C3-02A4-44AB-8D0A-D69BA07D02FD.jpeg

2C99A3F8-6149-4AFB-8CC3-67804B674888.jpeg

4 hours ago, Josh_rapley1 said:

Hi everyone, I’m new to this site so thought I would add a post to say hello! My name is josh and I’ve been fishing for around 16 years since I was a young lad with my dad. Since the years have gone on I’ve got more serious about my carp fishing and I’ve just decided to start vlogging some my fishing adventures and trips and also started vlogging different campaigns. All the support from anyone would be greatly appreciated by subscribing to my YouTube Chanel ( https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVHMlOfbVe6wGUDuxOyIjsw ) and following my Instagram account ( josh_rapley1) . I have some very exciting trips planned and the footage will be good 👌🏻 

Anyway I’d like to share a little story from a recent session where I landed these 2 fish. 
Since the rules of lockdown got slightly lifted I was straight away out on the bank trying new fisheries such as Bishops Bowl, where I managed to bank a new PB mirror of 26.04 and another little private lake where I managed to bank a 24 mirror. After catching these I was itching to get back on my local that I have fished since being a kid, but I wasn’t able to fish it until the 1st of June as the lake wasn’t opening. So I made sure I booked myself 4 nights from the 1st. Session started well with me banking 3 fish in the first day, and it continued quite steady for the next 2 nights catching a few up to upper doubles. The following day it went quiet for a while with not much action so I got a little bit more bait around my spot tight to a fallen tree where I had all the fish from. Within 20 mins of a re cast the rod was off, when playing this fish I noticed it was a big ghostie, now I knew there was 2 ghosties that big, one around mid 20’s and one known as the “big ghostie” which came out twice last year at just over 30. This big ghostie is a fish I have been after for over 6 years so you can imagine the thoughts going through my head. Eventually I slid the net under the fish and before taking a proper look I went to wake my mate up. I  went and woke him up from the next swim and said “I think I’ve caught it”, and he knew straight away what fish I was on about because I have mentioned it so many times, so we walked back into my swim and he had a proper look in the net which I still hadn’t done, he just turned and smiled and I knew I had the one 👌🏻 So at this point I’m thinking is this my first 30? Turned out not to be at 29lb 6oz, made no difference to me I was absolutely buzzing because it was another PB and a fish I have wanted for so long!!! And then to top that off about half hour later I landed this beautiful 24lb 2oz new PB common off the same spot! Love it!! Currently doing a campaign on a park lake which I am vlogging, trailer out on YouTube and Instagram so go check it out!! 48hrs at Sandhurst also coming up soon so will I catch my first 30? Subscribe to find out!! Tight lines everyone 👊🏻🎣🎣

Nice fish Josh good angling mate. 😁👍🎣

12 hours ago, smufter said:

I hope not mate. I've shaved it off now.....🙄

Out again tomorrow night for 24.  A bit in two minds 'cos the temps are supposed to be quite high on Wednesday. But you've got to be in it to win it I guess.....😉😉😉

It sounds like it's going to be too hot for a beard this week ! , and probably too hot for fishing during the day ? .

I'm trying to decide what to do also ; if I fish overnight I'll have the cooler evening feed , and the cooler dawn feed ( I reel in overnight as it's a struggle to keep the carp out of the pads during the day so I would lose too many at night ) .

😃

4 hours ago, Josh_rapley1 said:

Welcome to the forum mate, nice simmos there’s members on here who’ve been there and done it and probably caught fish you’d dream of, stick around and you’ll pick up tips you wouldn’t in the tackle shops. 👍

12 hours ago, crusian said:

It sounds like it's going to be too hot for a beard this week ! , and probably too hot for fishing during the day ? .

I'm trying to decide what to do also ; if I fish overnight I'll have the cooler evening feed , and the cooler dawn feed ( I reel in overnight as it's a struggle to keep the carp out of the pads during the day so I would lose too many at night ) .

😃

The swim I'm fishing tonight is quite secluded, and gets a fair bit of shade during the day so hopefully it won't be affected too much. 

I'll bring my rods in overnight, or at least two of them. There are quite a few snags around which are tricky enough in daylight. Trying to avoid them in the dark will be asking for trouble. I may just leave one rod out but bring my bait in just under the rod tip, see if I can pick up a lone, brave warrior. At least I'd have a chance to get on my rod before trouble looms 😉😉😉

On 23/06/2020 at 07:21, smufter said:

The swim I'm fishing tonight is quite secluded, and gets a fair bit of shade during the day so hopefully it won't be affected too much. 

I'll bring my rods in overnight, or at least two of them. There are quite a few snags around which are tricky enough in daylight. Trying to avoid them in the dark will be asking for trouble. I may just leave one rod out but bring my bait in just under the rod tip, see if I can pick up a lone, brave warrior. At least I'd have a chance to get on my rod before trouble looms 😉😉😉

How did it go , Smufter ? .

I like/liked your idea of " one rod .... just under the rod tip " , but I didn't do it when I went Weds. night - I know , muppetry on my part 🙄 .

😃