Anyone not weigh fish?

Tree123

2 hours ago, Tree123 said:

After a break and now cominf to back to fishing. Im making the choice  to not weigh any fish.  Because that way im.hoping ill just enjoy the fish for what it is rather  then the lbs and ozs? 

Anyone  done the same?

Must admit I weigh everything, I like to put a weight to a fish and I do enjoy every fish.  Some of that is also down to the fact that the lakes I fish/have fished, the owners want to follow fish weights/growths etc so I do it instinctively.

Though I've seen other anglers,  mates even just slip fish back without weighing. If you feel that weighing a fish takes something away from the capture then that's your choice. Each to their own I guess. 

2 hours ago, Tree123 said:

After a break and now cominf to back to fishing. Im making the choice  to not weigh any fish.  Because that way im.hoping ill just enjoy the fish for what it is rather  then the lbs and ozs? 

Anyone  done the same?

I don't weigh every fish, although I do weigh a fair few.

Pike I tend to weigh if they look close to or into double figures, and carp on Bromeswell I weigh if they are around my estimate of 8lb, which seems to be an above average size for that water.

Roach if they are close to a pound get weighed, and bream my figure is above 6lb. Tench, I aim for anything above 6lb, so they get weighed, and chub my figure is 3lb.

In terms of pounds and ounces, and 'largest' fish or personal bests, the smaller species get accurate weights to the ounce, but carp and pike get rounded down. So my Alton pike this year bounced to 20lb 8oz, but I'll take 20lb as its weight. My largest carp was 33 and a bit, but to me its 33lb.

Bream and tench are a bit of a mix though. My largest tench is 12lb 2oz, but if it goes 9lb and a bit, i'll take 9lb. Same with bream, my largest is 12lb 4oz, but I have had others that I accepted 12lb as the weight.

8 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't weigh every fish, although I do weigh a fair few.

Pike I tend to weigh if they look close to or into double figures, and carp on Bromeswell I weigh if they are around my estimate of 8lb, which seems to be an above average size for that water.

Roach if they are close to a pound get weighed, and bream my figure is above 6lb. Tench, I aim for anything above 6lb, so they get weighed, and chub my figure is 3lb.

In terms of pounds and ounces, and 'largest' fish or personal bests, the smaller species get accurate weights to the ounce, but carp and pike get rounded down. So my Alton pike this year bounced to 20lb 8oz, but I'll take 20lb as its weight. My largest carp was 33 and a bit, but to me its 33lb.

Bream and tench are a bit of a mix though. My largest tench is 12lb 2oz, but if it goes 9lb and a bit, i'll take 9lb. Same with bream, my largest is 12lb 4oz, but I have had others that I accepted 12lb as the weight.

12lb tench jeez  that much big huge