footwear

5 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Hey guys,

So i usually just wear an old pair of Nike trainers but they are now knackered,,,So i need some new footwear for the bank, I have a pair of Skeetek boots but for running out the bivvy at night i cant get on with them. I have seen the fox waterproof boots that look alright....Anyone recommend any?

At night I normally slip into my trainers, or in winter, often my combat boots,  it is easier than trying to get my feet into fishing boots, having feet stuck halfway down the boot as I try to get to a take, or even somehow managing to get them on the wrong feet.😖

During the day though I wear a pair of TFG Extreme boots, somehow TFG ran out of stock of the plain green ones, so for the same price sent me the Realtree or camouflage pattern.

https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/shop.cfm/tfg-clothing/boots/39/4528

When I walk to the swim or around the lake I will wear my trainers or combat boots, depending on how wet it is. Trainers ok in summer, but rainy autumn and winters can be a bit cold and muddy around the lake, so on go the combat boots. Mine have a lace up front, but also a zip down side, so at night I can slide into them easily.

The worst thing for getting cold feet is them getting sweaty and wet. If they sweat, then the damp gets into your socks, making them cold later. So my advice is when you get to your swim, change your socks, even your boots, especially if the weather is cold. 

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:45, bluelabel said:

for diving out of a bivvy at 3 inna morning then a pair o' crocs'll do the job... easy to step straight into and you can get fleece lined ones of you worry about getting cold tootsies...👍

Agree. Always have my crocs at the doorway of the bivvy. No fleece lining, though. I'm hard, me. ;)

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...