August catch reports.....

smufter

11 hours ago, crusian said:

Don't worry Smufter , you're saving yourself for Sept. , and as it says on another thread the good feeding times are in front of us .

😀

Hope so mate. Very disappointing day yesterday. Got to the lake just before 6, only car in the car park. Fish were bubbling up in my swim, I had the "right" bait and was feeling fairly confident.
Put my rigs in known "hot" spots. Weather seemed perfect. Not a beep. Only good thing about the day was that a guy I've got to know turned up around lunchtime to fish a 24, he has been fishing the lake for the last 6 months or more without any luck but he caught a nice 20lb'er about 8 last night. Well done Shaun. Next session booked for 4th September, Missus has the day off too and is threatening to come with me....😲

16 hours ago, smufter said:

Hope so mate. Very disappointing day yesterday. Got to the lake just before 6, only car in the car park. Fish were bubbling up in my swim, I had the "right" bait and was feeling fairly confident.
Put my rigs in known "hot" spots. Weather seemed perfect. Not a beep. Only good thing about the day was that a guy I've got to know turned up around lunchtime to fish a 24, he has been fishing the lake for the last 6 months or more without any luck but he caught a nice 20lb'er about 8 last night. Well done Shaun. Next session booked for 4th September, Missus has the day off too and is threatening to come with me....😲

You're a better man than me Smufter , I look on the Facebook page of my club water and part of me wants to see some fish coming out , but then when I see someone holding a big fish I'm jealous ☹️.

I hope your Wife will not think the two of you can saunter down your lake at midday in blazing sunshine and expect to catch ! .

😀