August Catch Reports

salokcinnodrog

Well the good news is I do still know how to catch.

I had a few hours floater fishing today, and managed a couple of carp, both commons on floating dog biscuits.

Nothing big, both around 7lb on 8lb mainline to an 8lb hooklink, but both were caught next to a lily bed, and both came to baits presented less than a rod length from the bank.

On Monday I helped trim some trees at Bromeswell Fishing Lakes, so today was a free trip as repayment, not that I would have asked, but when the bailiff tells me to put my money away I am not going to argue.

Anyway, how's your August Catches?

I just got to work after a quick overnighter and I'm proper nackered but for the wrong reason..... had to move swims to stay on the fish, had an absolute screamer at 02:30, battled some monster in and out of weedbeds for 20 minutes before being cut off on something in the weed, completely clean cut, no stretching or signs of abrasion. That's 3 losses on the trot from a water where takes do not come easily, all different reasons, none of them my fault. It can be cruel this carp fishing malarky..... Roll on next week.....

2 hours ago, yonny said:

I just got to work after a quick overnighter and I'm proper nackered but for the wrong reason..... had to move swims to stay on the fish, had an absolute screamer at 02:30, battled some monster in and out of weedbeds for 20 minutes before being cut off on something in the weed, completely clean cut, no stretching or signs of abrasion. That's 3 losses on the trot from a water where takes do not come easily, all different reasons, none of them my fault. It can be cruel this carp fishing malarky..... Roll on next week.....

Cruel!

Sadly I know that feeling. I was doing an overnighter a few weeks ago, had a cut off myself, first take in months as well.

I have a few longer sessions planned myself

14 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Cruel!

Sadly I know that feeling. I was doing an overnighter a few weeks ago, had a cut off myself, first take in months as well.

Savage innit mate.....

Trying to console myself in the knowledge those cruel moments are often soon balanced by magic ones.

1st overnighter with my 5 year old son. His new pb is 9 1/2lb common, 8 lb mirror & 10lb kitten. Which i hasten to add, i only caught at his specific request. 

Great day & nights fishing @ hunters lodge. Thanks to the owner allowing kids to have a go. Had to bring the rods in at midnight to get some sleep. 

HAPPY DAYS!!

20170804_140308.jpg

20170804_171210.jpg

20170805_072044.jpg

Edited by commonly

6 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Just had an epic battle in the pouring rain in my pants lol 

Which resulted in a 41lb cat .... first I've ever caught ....  took a liking to double tiger nut of all things ! 

What a result mate, do you have any pics??

Turned out to be a good little trip my nephew ended up with 6 carp , my boy 2 & a lot was learnt & sunk in which is the main thing. 

Managed a couple myself too which was a bonus 

Will post a few pictures up but having the size limit per post now is a ball ache 

My nephew 

20170812_143014.thumb.jpg.1852442819d457f68af459c986fcfeea.jpg

Fished the syndi this weekend. Found a few carp in a particularly weedy swim. Spent a while scaring them away with about a million casts trying to hit these tiny, tiny spots but some of them stayed as I had a couple of bites on Saturday morning. The first @ 06:00 I lost to a hook pull (4th loss on the trot :x) but 09:30 saw a 24.08 lb mirror grace the net :D. Not the biggest but it was a proper minter, classically shaped with burnt auburn flanks, a black head and loads of tiny pin head scales dotted all over the place.

Saturday night saw another 2 million casts getting the rods on these tiny spots but it was looking fantastic coming into bite time; liners galore from 03:00 onwards. Unfortunately with no cloud in the sky and the brightest of sunshine 06:00 saw all activity stop (where I was expecting the bites to start) and by 08:00 they were drifting about on the top in the shallow bays.

So a tricky weekend tbh but I'm just happy to get a fish on the bank after a truly disastrous run of losses. I'm back next weekend so hopefully my new found luck will continue.

had a frustrating friday night, 3 losses but two fish banked. low double mirror and a 20.01lb mirror which was one of the more original looking fish in the lake. Real nice colours on it's leathery flank. 

Was due to stay sunday night too but due to some weird leg pain I packed up and went home, only to end up with stomach ache all of saturday night and sunday (thank god I went home)

Back out on Thursday night for an experimental session with different tactics.

20.01lb 12-08-17 (7).JPG