Bayswater Essex

Hi Neal

Now you are going Sunday hopefully Spr can join you ? .

So now Spurs have stuffed up winning the Premier League , and it's still cold , windy and rainy I'm relying on you guys to bring some sunshine into my life .

Go get 'em lads , tear the place apart ! .

No pressure then! [emoji12]

I've never had it before, that what i see is so different from the advice! I'm not being stitched up but it definitely makes things confusing. I couldn't say a bad thing about the bailiff, he is a good bloke, and his swim knowledge is impressive and accurate. Could almost go with what he says without checking out the area!

For bayeswater though am sure particles and alternatives work but the ammount of boilies that go in it must be the most common food the fish eat. So rather than trying to be clever and different I may just get one rod and spod the granny out of it!! (Joke! There's more chance of me not casting in for 9 hours)

I'm not saying the bailiff wasn't trying to be helpful but it can cloud your judgement on the day .

Just out of interest I took a look at big Jims catches on there . It would appear that the only reason he didn't cast into the area for 9 hours was because he was tutoring in another swim ! Some of the reports make it sound like he was just sat on his hands feeding & not fishing couldn't be further from the truth :wink:

Be lucky gents :wink:

So a great start so far, my feet are proper cold (wrong shoes) and I while walking to put my rod down after casting I decided to step into the lake! [emoji33] Luckily the margins are very shallow.

Currently standing on my towel bare foot![emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300]

Well that depends on swim availability when I arrive mate, I was going to head up for half five ish but my daughter had other ideas....been up and down to her all night :/ I'll see what's available when I arrive and make a decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that depends on swim availability when I arrive mate, I was going to head up for half five ish but my daughter had other ideas....been up and down to her all night :/ I'll see what's available when I arrive and make a decision

Ah mate that's rough, hope she's alright. Am sure you'll get a spot, drop us a text when you arrive. Is a beautiful day

I didn't fish in the end crusian I just lazed around in the sun (got burnt) and had the weirdest days fishing I have ever experienced.... But that is tale for Neal to tell [emoji6] the daughter is fine thank you :) was rite as rain when I got home just gone 7ish

So wow! What can I say, what a day Spr and I had! I'm sure I can't explain it well as it is one of those things where you had to be there! For me the main event to start with was utter heart wrenching disappointment when the current top rod set up next to me! I knew I had no chance and felt like a boy sneaking into the pub and trying to be grown up! It turned out however that I pretty much got a free days tutorial from a very good angler

Well it's obvious isn't it ? .

News of your campaign on Bayeswater , Neil and Spr , has travelled out of our Solar System , and Aliens have just had to come and see for themselves ! .

Is that you in the Vass Waders Neil ? .

So it seems the key to success at Bayeswater is what Yonny was more or less saying - Know Your Swim In Minute Detail .

The most beneficial lesson was watching how the chap went about things. He knows the lake and the fish well and where I have been very cautious of creating minimal disturbance. He happily chucked a load of bait in and recast until he was where he wanted to be. But when in his spot the only time his rods came in was because of a fish.

Basically he was confident in what he was doing.

It was also nice that he confirmed a lot of what I already believed about the layout of the swims.

His major advantage / edge is time. He works near by and lives locally so can literally set up fish over night, head to work and then just come back after.

In hindsight I could do a similar thing by having my first few sessions a pure swim sussing, as you say get the waders out, use a marker rod. If I'd spent two of my days doing this I would be catching now!