The football thread

England were very poor, 2nd half goal down and we were just so slow with no movement, Joe Hart's fault we lost routine save that, and as for the owl's management from the sidelines nonexistent.

I have defended Rooney this comp but that is the worst 45mins I have seen him play.

Iceland deserve it if we are going to play like that 

C'mon Dimi , tear Ronaldo a new one .

Then I can pop over to the a Fighting Cock and remind 'em how West Ham won the Euro's :wink:

Oi Dimi !!!! I was only joking ffs .

Sad seeing a great player hobble off like that especially so early in a major final .

I can see the Ports raising their game now.

It's embarrassing for European football that the Euro 2016 champions have only won two games in the last month.

Totally undeserving champions, in my opinion.

. UEFA have messed up with the ridiculous qualifying from the group stages this year. It's encouraging poor teams to play for 3 draws hoping to squeeze through to the knockout stages. The quality of the teams has been poor at these Euro's but even the good teams haven't been anywhere near their best. All my opinion of course I'm sure others will disagree. Plus all those late goals in the group stages were costing me money grrrrr :(

Hhhmmmmm were all divided over Ibe,mate. There's talk of him being a one trick pony,but he's still young ! So can only get better. He's one of the few players who hasn't kicked on since Klopp arrived and has fell down the pecking order last season. I'd of kept him,personally,but he ain't going to get into our starting 11. I've heard we've got a buy back clause etc so somebody at the club must rate him,but he ain't gunna shift Coutinio,Firmino,lalanna as attacking midfielders. We're still sweating on Joe Allen. Again he's just a squad player,he ain't going to start ahead of Henderson,Milner or Can. But I'd keep Allen as well.

Hhhmmmmm were all divided over Ibe,mate. There's talk of him being a one trick pony,but he's still young ! So can only get better. He's one of the few players who hasn't kicked on since Klopp arrived and has fell down the pecking order last season. I'd of kept him,personally,but he ain't going to get into our starting 11. I've heard we've got a buy back clause etc so somebody at the club must rate him,but he ain't gunna shift Coutinio,Firmino,lalanna as attacking midfielders. We're still sweating on Joe Allen. Again he's just a squad player,he ain't going to start ahead of Henderson,Milner or Can. But I'd keep Allen as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed Darren Randolph has earned himself a new contract at the spam . Has he been doing a decent job when called upon ? Liked him at Brum but every now and then he'd let one in at his near post. What say you ammers?

To be honest I've seen more of him for Ireland than West ham.

Definitely worth a new contract and seems consistent.

Noticed Darren Randolph has earned himself a new contract at the spam . Has he been doing a decent job when called upon ? Liked him at Brum but every now and then he'd let one in at his near post. What say you ammers?

Good news indeed . He's done a good job for us when called upon and this new deal shows two things .

Firstly , Randy is happy to stay and fight for the no.1 spot and secondly , shows that West Ham are no longer a selling club .

Ok Bilic has a blind spot when it comes to the right back position but in general it's onwards & upwards ....